PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think its a good idea if.....

The Divide
21-09-2005, 07:37 PM
...there was a DnB, Hardcore, breakcore and ambient/electronica forum on here? Just wondering

Traxx
21-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Probably not. As much as I love dnb & other types of music there’s already enough bashing of different types of techno that people are into without adding more music to the fire. Basically the majority of the people that come on here come to talk techno or chat in the general. Ill be sticking to dnb forums to talk dnb, same with other types of music I like.

The Teknoist.
21-09-2005, 08:12 PM
i think it could be talked about in the hard or experimental techno section. No need to segragate things. :)

dan the acid man
21-09-2005, 09:13 PM
too many sections as it is, i do like the idea of a place to post different styles of tracks that people have written though, so maybe it could be in with that.

sort of a general music section

detfella
21-09-2005, 09:55 PM
i think hard+dark should go together and experimental/electronica/breaks/d&b/gabba/noise in the other

Sunil
21-09-2005, 10:25 PM
...there was a DnB, Hardcore, breakcore and ambient/electronica forum on here? Just wondering

Yes, I do.

How many times do we have to ask though?
Let the 'dark' techno ala Birmingham be in here, and all the rest (including what you've mentioned) be in another forum. Mash the electro forum in there too if needs be. An alternative section would be perfect, where anything goes.

The Divide
21-09-2005, 10:35 PM
I think its a good idea me personally. I couldn't see it causing any bashing because its like comparing chalk to cheese. Its not as if the trance forum has been bashed by the techno forum and vice versa.

This place, as much as i like it I think it lacks appeal to outsiders, or people from other genres of electronic music. For example if I was really into ambient music I wouldn't post here anywhere. Whilst a post like that probably would be welcomed in the experimental forum it would seem out of place slightly. Fair enough there are better places for a discussion on other styles of music but I think any new developments should have a place in here

I think sunil has the idea right there. One more forum called alternative music. Just an idea tho

g
21-09-2005, 10:35 PM
agree that there may already be too many forums, however i'd like it if this one existed.

reason: outside the ambient/electronica/post-rock stuff that i can't live without and there4 keep up on just fine, all the many permutations of ~DnB for me fall into the category of like a lot of it, can't really keep up with any of it. a dedicated forum might help me do that.

maybe i just also inadvertently waved a flag for an ambient etc forum, but really that should be covered by the Dark/Exp forum already. seems that not too many others are into the 'Post Rock' thing, which is fine..

The Divide
21-09-2005, 10:52 PM
yea

Please stay within the boundaries of dark music. Think: Regis to Mulero, Early industrial to nihilistic philosiphies and general sickness.

I just get the feeling that, from an outsiders point of view this forum isnt the place for really outside the techno box electronic music, just what it says on the tin. Dark experimental techno

I have this demo from a guy called meatstock who mashes up beats and melodies, love it but doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would fit into that side of the forum. Perhaps I'm taking the description too literal

Sunil
21-09-2005, 10:53 PM
maybe i just also inadvertently waved a flag for an ambient etc forum, but really that should be covered by the Dark/Exp forum already.

Hmm, I dunno.. sort of. The whole 'dark' tag on that forum colours things too much from the start. There's lots of ambient for instance that's neither 'dark' or 'experimental'.. it's just nice, soothing music.

g
21-09-2005, 11:43 PM
maybe i just also inadvertently waved a flag for an ambient etc forum, but really that should be covered by the Dark/Exp forum already.

Hmm, I dunno.. sort of. The whole 'dark' tag on that forum colours things too much from the start. There's lots of ambient for instance that's neither 'dark' or 'experimental'.. it's just nice, soothing music.
first off most Dark stuff is nice and soothing to me ;p

more importantly, yeah the general Dark stuff does dominate that forum -- but not always. DB, Butty, and myself among others have discussed ambient(ish) stuff there many a time, it just doesn't get that much attention on a thread-by-thread basis.

holy OT batman.

Sunil
21-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Yeah, for sure. I often run the bath, bang in the Radox and chill out to Luka's latest mix :)

more importantly, yeah the general Dark stuff does dominate that forum -- but not always. DB, Butty, and myself among others have discussed ambient(ish) stuff there many a time, it just doesn't get that much attention on a thread-by-thread basis.

holy OT batman.

Ambient was only an example, I could give you more if you like ;)

The Divide
22-09-2005, 12:16 AM

holy OT batman.

Yea, the point I was making was that from an outsiders point of view it doesnt really have a place here. Just gets mentioned in that forum. Me personally I would love to see a forum were I can go in and check stuff out that other people are into, things I would have have come across with it not been the sound i listen too. There so much music out there, stuff that doesn't really fit a within the pigeon holes and just ends up been dubb/xperimental/ambient/electronica/idm/whateva gets. Music like that only really gets heard by those who are devote to it and the people in those circles

Evil G
22-09-2005, 12:20 AM
i think that discussion of more diverse types of electronic music would lead to less snobbery and more open mindedness to different sounds. it would be good.

The Teknoist.
22-09-2005, 12:22 AM
yeah i know meatsock from the planet mu forum..

im pretty much an outsider as in techno isnt the primary music i make and the board is set up fine as it is to me.

If i want to talk about breakcore id post in the experimental section, gabber in the hard techno section. Theres people that post in each that will know what im talking about and could have a conversation with me easily. Just giving a name to another forum just complicates stuff imo. It can all be done easily as it is.

As for not looking appealing to outsiders of techno, this is a board for techno lovers right? then surely if your interested you'll be here already and understand that you can talk about other surrounding genres here.

I think iv put across my point of view okay, but to tell you the truth iv kind of struggled putting it in to words.

The Divide
22-09-2005, 12:34 AM
thats the one, should hear his cd. Some of its ok, some of its Its frigging generous. Im like the opposite of you, I have found myself wandering other forums for stuff like that tho

The stuff on this cd I wouldn't class as breakcore tho, Im not really into that digital distorted stuff but his other more chilled and weirdly arranged stuff is wicked music (especially when stoned)

but anyways just throwing an idea around. Its not as if im really into all that.

massplanck
22-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Asked for this a few times over the last couple of years but nothing happened. :neutral:

Mindful
23-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah I think it would be great to have somthing like a genaral music forum Dan.

detfella
26-09-2005, 12:39 AM
*blows airhorn*

278d7e64a374de26f==