PDA

View Full Version : bored of things

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 09:20 PM
don't know what it is but i am just not finding much that interests me lately. i have been playing out much more this year than i ever have have been buying shit loads of techno all year but the last few months i just don't seem to be having a mix much at home and my tastes seem to be changing towards electro-house stuff. maybe its me just mellowing out but i really like the new electro-house stuff i have been hearing people like tiga but on the techno side of things its just not doing much. anyone else get like this?

Mindful
21-09-2005, 09:31 PM
I havnt been on my decks for ages either mate ,havnt bought any new records for months.
The onley time i go on them now is if I need a bit a practice when im playing somewhere.

As for loosing intrest in techno not yet im pretty much in love with it at the moment :love:

eyeswithoutaface
21-09-2005, 09:42 PM
well it would be easy to blame the lack of good music but i just dont see that as the case, its a personal motivation thing, ive had it where ive done a particulary good, big gig and its extremely hard to get motivated to dj in your bedroom after playing to a few hundred heads the weekend before, just adds to the overall thirst for playing out though in the long run ive found

the leaning towards the more electro-house stuff is simply a natural progression from always having full on techno, absolutely everyone mellows out a bit at some point but mark my words it only takes one truely superb night of the full on stuff to get that enthusiasm back definately

just go with the flow Joe lad and dont see it as a problem, just see it as you expanding your tastes and opening a few new doors for yourself musically

Martin Dust
21-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Check all the sections in the record shop for some of the best techno not in the techno section!

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 09:59 PM
i have martin believe you me and nothing is just doing it. i don't even really enjoy going out at the min though to be fair. i played at an electro house night a few weeks ago with jo jo le freq and really enjoyed it. maybe my tastes are changing i dunno

Stella Boy
21-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Last time I heard you play you were certainly playing a quality techno set, not the harder stuff you have been playing but definately good gear. You've a good ear for techno mate and you'll always like techno, it's in your blood so the style isn't a factor.

As long as you enjoy what you're doing then f**k everyone else

fresh_an_funky_design
21-09-2005, 10:05 PM
every1 hasd there stages of buying loads and playin it loads the listening to something else for a bit but you'll prob get back into it, you'll find a tune that gives you that rush and you'll be straight back in the game. You cant listen to techno 24/7!

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah i most likely will. might just be cos i got other priorities like a mortgage cos have just got an offer accepted on a house a new job i start soon. most likely will be a phase but the electro-housey stuff out at the moment is top quality

Martin Dust
21-09-2005, 10:09 PM
i have martin believe you me and nothing is just doing it. i don't even really enjoy going out at the min though to be fair. i played at an electro house night a few weeks ago with jo jo le freq and really enjoyed it. maybe my tastes are changing i dunno

Nah man, the brush strokes are just getting bigger you know :) I love playing the hard stuff and then doing the other room with a head**** chill set...oh and you must be getting old ;)

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 10:11 PM
i bloody hope not at 20!!!

Martin Dust
21-09-2005, 10:14 PM
That's when it starts in Leeds mate, you'll be moaning about the weather and all kinds of shit by 21 - face it Tip - it's over :twisted:

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 10:19 PM
ha ha

ds2
21-09-2005, 10:38 PM
joe you've been like that since i've known you you tit! schranz one week,
funky the week after then dark, minimal, electro, schranz....

you've probably got one of the better collections of modern techno
in leeds because of your mood swings so it's definitely a good thing.

i've been through it like most people and once went 6 months without
buying records.

you'll be on the skull tunes again in a week and you know it.

Tiptoe
21-09-2005, 10:46 PM
i know mate but this time i just don't even seem to be mixing anything. whenever i go through these stages i am still normally mixing stuff but i just don't seem to be doing anything. mixing is gonna be hard with a pot on for my 2 broken knuckles!!!

ds2
21-09-2005, 10:56 PM
i know mate but this time i just don't even seem to be mixing anything. whenever i go through these stages i am still normally mixing stuff but i just don't seem to be doing anything. mixing is gonna be hard with a pot on for my 2 broken knuckles!!!

:lol: thug.

probably just overkill, too much of a good thing and all that.
just take a break from mixing, maybe sit and listen to some really old
records for a while. you'll find tunes you never knew you had or forgot
how good they were and you'll be gagging for a mix in a week or 2.

ds2
21-09-2005, 11:01 PM
i guess i won't be getting a mix for the website anytime soon then?

The Divide
22-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Looks like old age to me... :lol:

MARKEG
22-09-2005, 01:22 AM
MY GOD there's sooo much great stuff out there. i really don't get ya man. sorry!!!

Frank Dogshit
22-09-2005, 02:45 AM
no more ringing me up and playing the latest filthbag tune down the phone then?

im disgusted in you joe lad!!! pull your finger out you excuse for a hormone!

Dave Elyzium
22-09-2005, 04:40 AM
i USED to go thorugh this alot...........

i used to think you could ony be into one style....techno, trance, drum n bass or wahtver,,,,,,,,

but then you reachh the point i think you have now when you have to open yourself to alll music!

i am on my decks playing old skool german trance as much as I am on my guitar playing 70's progressive rock by Rush! i listen to 70's punk, gregorian chants, everythign man!

and the more music you listen to the more you see the boundries breaking down....

music is a feeling man the music guides you not ht eother way round so go with it - its a sad state of affairs when you have to feel guilty becuase your music tastes are changing..

Dave Elyzium
22-09-2005, 04:41 AM
i just realised is say man far too much man

Tiptoe
22-09-2005, 01:12 PM
i guess i won't be getting a mix for the website anytime soon then?

the one fromlocked is on its way in the post to me so am going to give you that one mate

holotropik
23-09-2005, 03:57 PM
sumtimes if pushed, it is best to pull.

you'll find that during your journey into other realms that you'll think "**** I would love to listen to some nasty Techno right now, coz this shite is pissing me off - its so lame and dreary"

once you get stung by a bee, you'll always remember how bad it feels.

hehehehe.

DJAmok
26-09-2005, 07:38 PM
definitely overkill. happens every once in a while to almost every artist, especially when you are out djing every week.

what helps me sometimes is to try and think like i'm in the audience and then think imagine what i'd like to hear.

Tiptoe
28-09-2005, 10:50 AM
well i am pleased to say something snapped me out of my little rut and i am back listening to my techno again. isn't it wierd how these things happen?????

robin m
28-09-2005, 11:35 AM
music is a feeling man the music guides you not ht eother way round so go with it - its a sad state of affairs when you have to feel guilty becuase your music tastes are changing..

Man - I completely agree with this, man... spot on. Man. :lol:

Your 'musical taste' should be a reflection of the kind of thing you're enjoying the most at that moment in time rather than some kind of concious decision that dictates what you then go and listen to.

This week I've mostly been listening to Bob Dylan :cool:

FILTERZ
29-09-2005, 02:31 PM

Man - I completely agree with this, man... spot on. Man. :lol:

Your 'musical taste' should be a reflection of the kind of thing you're enjoying the most at that moment in time rather than some kind of concious decision that dictates what you then go and listen to.

This week I've mostly been listening to Bob Dylan :cool:

we have all been listening to the unavoidable bobbie dylan this week ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==