PDA

View Full Version : opinions please

connor
22-09-2005, 06:07 PM
but i would also like to hear your reasoning for why you say not just bcoz they are the best... i jus wanan know what every1s personal opinions of them are.. good/bad points :)
basically im lookin at buying new headphoens with in the next 2 days... just unsure on which ones to go for i mainly mix in the headphoens so as u can appreciate they need to be quite good at blocking outside noise

Technics RP DJ1200 http://www.decks.co.uk/temp/RESIZE_ECDC46B4.jpeg

Sennheiser HD25 http://www.decks.co.uk/temp/RESIZE_126D6D2D.jpeg

Pioneer HDJ 1000 http://www.decks.co.uk/temp/RESIZE_61D703E2.jpeg

those are 3 i am looking at but will look into other options if suggested :)

dan the acid man
22-09-2005, 06:48 PM
ive not used that particular pair of technics, but over technics headphones i've used before have been great, comfy, sound nice and no distortion.
dont know how reliable they are though.

as for the senheissers, still one of my favourites, again, sound nice, no distortion, can feel a bit uncomfortable though, but the big plus point is being able to buy replacment cables, headbands etc.

never used the others

connor
22-09-2005, 06:51 PM
ive used the pioneers a coupel of times and they where nice but a bit bulky but my mate whos got em highly recomends them.... which made me consider em...

from speakin to various ppl alot seem to be recomendin the senheissers but ive never used them my self to know what they are like but i dotn think ive ever heard any1 spk badly of them..

TechMouse
23-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Sennheiser HD-25.
£120 from Superfi.
You will never need another pair of headphones again.

End of.

Side Note: A mate of mine had some HD-25s's (the smaller ones), and one of the earphones stopped working, and Sennheiser replaced them free of charge, despite them being out of warranty.

RDR
23-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Also those hideous arrangments with the swiveling headphones are HIGHLY susceptable to damage and cracking. My mates have all had it happen to them

Sennhieser every time.

dan the acid man
23-09-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah, every pair of technics ive had have cracked after a year or two

DJ Corbzy
23-09-2005, 02:55 PM
my dj1200's only have one headphone working now and where the jack is on the lead, the wires are ****ed inside, so u have to fiddle around with it to get the sound to play through the phones...but once u've sussed that, they're fine!! :lol: :lol:

i prefer the 1200's for comfort...but the sennies are louder and clearer in my opinion, plus u can easily replaces parts for it...

connor
23-09-2005, 05:23 PM
its lookin liek im gonan get the HD25's then...

Busho
23-09-2005, 05:35 PM
YER DEFFO GO 4 THE SENNY'S :cool: ive used them a couple of times an they were lush to use :cool:

eyeswithoutaface
24-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Sennheiser HD25 all the way

alsynthe
24-09-2005, 09:52 PM
ive got 1210's and there givin a bit of distrotion, wish id gone for the sennheisers

FIK
26-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Definitly Technics for me. Mine's over 6 years old. I prefer the ones with the straight cables over the curled ones as these tends to produce birdsnests. With the straight cable you stroke it trough your fingers before you plug it in.
Two years ago I broke the cable. Put a new plug on and filled it with silicone so it can not move. Still works now

fresh_an_funky_design
27-09-2005, 01:01 AM
i've had the sony mdr 700's for bout a year and a half now, one side stopped working last week, which is pretty good considering they've been absolutely battered at free parties in that time. I think they sound great and are comfortable, but its a personal thing... not everyone likes them

fresh_an_funky_design
27-09-2005, 01:02 AM
i've had the sony mdr 700's for bout a year and a half now, one side stopped working last week, which is pretty good considering they've been absolutely battered at free parties in that time. I think they sound great and are comfortable, but its a personal thing... not everyone likes them

fresh_an_funky_design
27-09-2005, 01:02 AM

dan the acid man
27-09-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah, sonys are nice too.

out of all the headphones for me, it boils down to either senheissers or sonys

Obdurate
08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Ive had the technics for about a year now and they have been solid through out . . good for playing out in clubs and even more the quailty is great when u decide to make tracks in headphones weve all been there

curly
09-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I have been using a pair of hd25 for years, absolutly abused them and they still work fine, sound good as well. the only thing is the lead is a bit short

Ginjin
26-10-2005, 01:42 PM
I've been using a pair of Pioneers for 8 years and they still sound good, but I found a couple of weeks ago the lead at the jack was starting to give a slight crackle with movement. I will be getting the Pioneer HDJ 1000's again.

278d7e64a374de26f==