PDA

View Full Version : Manchester - Locked v Metropolis - Oscar Mulero

23-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Over the next few months Locked will be teaming up with 3 of Manchester's most underground clubnights, Metropolis, Kindergarten and Sequence ! Here is the first installment :

14th October 2005
10:00pm till 04:00am
£9 ON THE DOOR

Room 1: Locked: Quality underground techno
Dj: Oscar Mulero (Warm Up, Madrid)
Dj: Sunil Sharp (Spindizzy, Dublin)
Live: Jay Knight (Locked)

Residents: Jay Knight & Adam Rayner

Room 2: Metropolis: Drum & Bass and Old School
Mark XTC (Intalex Recordings),
Mark OD,
Prophecy,
Neil Cano,
Devoto

The Phoenix, Oxford Road, Manchester

T: (0161) 2726806

For more information on this monthly event go to / contact us at: -
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com
E-mail for reduced £7 entry

FURTHER PRESS INFORMATION

Oscar Mulero (Warm Up, Madrid)

Oscar began his career in the late 80's in Madrid playing EBM and Gothic Rock, the dominant styles of the time. He entered the limelight when he set up the legendary club, The Omen in the early 90's, a club, which quickly became the focus for hypnotic dance music in Spain. The closure of The Omen in 1995 marked a change of direction in Oscar’s career. He began play all round Spain and gradually distanced himself from the trancy lysergic sound he had previously favoured and moved towards the more basic minimal techno influenced by artists such Joey Beltram and the new Detroit sounds of Jeff Mills.

By this time he had become icon in his home country and the maximum exponent of the hard techno sound in Spain, his popularity grew in an unstoppable geometric progression. Oscar’s sound became more and more focused, incorporating techno's most forward looking developments into his sets. His incredible skills behind the decks and spectacular EQ techniques never leave the crowd indifferent. Oscar has released two CD mixes to date. The first About Discipline and Education (So Dens, 1998) showcases the latest sounds personified by Surgeon, Ho, Polson and Ruskin alongside some classics of Hard Techno. His second mix Era (Rexxistance, 2000) brings together the most advanced sounds ranging from Autechre through to the essentials from Ho, Ruskin, Surgeon and Mulero himself.

While his Dj schedule took him round the world, Oscar started producing and released his first record, Quite Inusual on his Madrid label Brainwaves. In 2000 Oscar set up his own label Warm Up and began to focus on his studio work. The first two releases Medical Mesh and Sans Souci went down well and were included in the Top 10’s of artists such as Surgeon and Ben Sims. Since then he has gone on to record prolifically for well known international labels including Theory. Oscar has also released Indoor Culture Remixes and Trolley Route; a melodic Detroit influenced 3 track EP on the British label Pure Plastic. On the same label and in the same style he has also released Occhi Chiusi, the first Trolley Route LP that includes remixes by other artists such as Robert Hood and Steve Rachmad. The Trolley Route sound is also designed for home listening not purely for the dancefloor

Oscar’s experimental tendencies and his desire to explore have led him to champion other styles outside the confines of techno such as electro and drum and bass. He forms part of the Dark Archives Collective alongside Dj Pitch, Focus and Dj Muerto running Altered State, the first club in Madrid to promote the drum and bass sound and one of the most underground and futuristic in the capital.

Twelve years experience in the world of techno, his charisma and his professionalism have turned Oscar into something more than just a DJ. Oscar is admired wherever he goes and nobody can deny his status in the Spanish techno scene. However what is truly remarkable is that all his success has come from the things he most identifies himself with: hope, dedication and one hundred per cent passion for his work.

Sunil Sharpe (Spindizzy, Dublin)

Sunil has been synonymous with techno in Ireland since he emerged onto the scene in 2000. His tough, fast paced DJ sets made him an instant favourite, headlining nights around the country as well as being a popular choice to support visiting international Djs. Over the last number of years Sunil’s profile has steadily grown, playing outside of Ireland in clubs like Berlin's Tresor, whilst being a frequent visitor to Slovakia.

Broadcasting a weekly radio show for over 4 years on Nova FM, Sunil featured some of the finest local and international talent each Wednesday night, which was essential listening for techno and electro fans around the city. Sunil gave up the show earlier this year, to concentrate more of his time on music making. To date he has released two tracks, both appearing on Irish CD compilations, ‘Allied’ and ‘Eire Electronic’. A fan of all styles of electronic music, Sunil works at Dublin's reputable Spindizzy Record Shop, where he is employed as their resident 'dance music' expert.

Mark XTC (Intalex Recordings)

Mark has been a major player in the underground rave scene for many years, one of the driving forces behind the North’s underground music culture. From not so humble beginnings, he moved on from winning the title of North West DMC Dj Champion in the late 80’s to producing his own tunes with the Mix Factory. Later drawing on influences gained through an involvement in the rave scene, Mark co-founded the Da Intalex partnership with friend and old work colleague Marcus Kaye, and was soon enjoying the notoriety afforded by the colossal track ‘What You Gonna Do’. This was their first release on Flex Recordings and has since, in fact, been dubbed as one of the ‘all time top ten drum and bass tunes’.

Throughout the growth of jungle, Mark was managing Manchester’s major record shops and drum and bass outlets, The Spin Inn and Eastern Bloc Records, as well as producing one anthem after another with his crew, The Mix Factory, he was also dj-ing at some of the most prolific clubs and events across the UK such as Helter Skelter, Dreamscape, The Eclipse, Fantasia, Pure X and underground Manchester nights including Spellbound, Metropolis and Compulsion at 3000 capacity leisure center Bowlers. From 1993-1999/2000 Mark and Marcus presented the drum and bass show on the North’s leading dance music radio station, Galaxy 102 bringing the cutting edge of the industry to the masses in the north.

Since then he’s hammered the studio extensively, recording tracks for labels such as Moving Shadow, Integral, Hard Leaders, Flex, Penny Black/Dread Recordings, Frontline and Valve Recordings, gaining recognition not only as a Dj but also as a record producer. Mark is now currently concentrating on producing for the Valve Recordings Group but still finds the time to take his vast record collection and music knowledge to clubs across the UK and beyond.

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-oct-front.jpg
http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-oct-back.jpg

kai
23-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Def gonna try make it down to this - love the stuff Mulero is playing at the moment!

Technobitch
23-09-2005, 11:01 AM
ooooo jay knight :clap: missed this last time!

another quality line up from Locked!

ill be there!

Traxx
23-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Might head to this one, metropolis is a crackin night + mulero is the cats pj's. Dnb upstairs?

Frank Dogshit
23-09-2005, 01:44 PM
ill be there!

mulero plays some tremendously good dirtbangers!

fitipaldi
23-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Mulero in manchester, good lads!

Well lookin forward to this one!

Matt Blak
23-09-2005, 04:23 PM
great line up :clap:

mr. knight live = quality ;)

look foward to it :twisted:

nick_anarchy
23-09-2005, 04:53 PM
totaly gutted i cant make this now been booked at suphonic session sin liverpool i didnt even think when i took the bookin twat twat tw.at !!!

Stella Boy
23-09-2005, 06:41 PM
soooooo looking forward to this. I think there's a few of us coming over from Leeds aswell :cool:

Mucky Beats
23-09-2005, 09:19 PM
looking good...will do my best to get there :rambo:

nick_anarchy
24-09-2005, 04:44 PM
looking good...will do my best to get there :rambo:

at what time 1am :lol:

TeChNoJuNkY01
25-09-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm up for this one, always an excellent nite @ Locked. I last saw Mulero at the Darkside and he was great tho Mark Williams stole that night for me.

The Overfiend
26-09-2005, 05:54 AM
Better record this!
Sunil is playing! :clap:

Traxx
26-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Dnb upstairs?

Anyone know?

26-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah Drum and bass uptairs on a 5k Ohm sound system, not the usual Phoenix heap of dog manure system

Traxx
26-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Sweet :twisted:

Sunil
26-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Better record this!
Sunil is playing! :clap:

;)

Yeah, looking forward to this alright :)

28-09-2005, 11:38 AM
2 Mixes to be given out on this night, by our bad as mo fo resident Jay Knight :lol: :lol:

one of the mixes will be a minimal/ housey affair , the other some classic techno tunes that have been nailed at locked over the years

Track lists to follow

Frank Dogshit
28-09-2005, 12:28 PM
lookin forward to this more than owt at the moment.

mulero in manc is a proper winner!

Traxx
28-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Doubt ill go to this now, mampi swift is on in liverpool :cry: gutted :cry:

Technobitch
28-09-2005, 05:59 PM
seems like ages away till this one, wish i cud speed up time!

nick_anarchy
28-09-2005, 06:07 PM
:cry: i cant go

Technobitch
28-09-2005, 06:11 PM

unlucky!

i hate missing locked, its always a quality night!

nick_anarchy
28-09-2005, 06:14 PM

unlucky!

i hate missing locked, its always a quality night!

yeh thanks for reminding me

Traxx
28-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Your on upstairs at the mampi night arent you nick?

nick_anarchy
28-09-2005, 06:25 PM
Your on upstairs at the mampi night arent you nick?

yeh man last hour

Traxx
28-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Gutted now i dunno where to go...Mampi or Mulero...both piss takers :doh:

nick_anarchy
28-09-2005, 06:52 PM
if i was on early i would just play and go to locked , but i dont finish work till 10pm and im on last so pfft to it all , im goin to just sit off with a face on :lol:

Katie
30-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Think i'll be coming to this missed the last one as i was away! thats if my loan comes through! :roll:

Technobitch
03-10-2005, 02:43 PM
just been reminded that its compressed on the saturday too, so this is guna be a mad weekend for me!

bring it on!

kai
03-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah man, let the craziness unfold!

Adam/Jay - was good to see you guys on Sat, it's been a while. Will def be down for this one, **** Binary, I'll just have to leave your spot a little early to go exit flyer it as both clubs shutting at the same time.

djfurness
03-10-2005, 06:44 PM
i dont think i can resist Mampi on me doorstep....
im sure youll have a more than quality night anyways!

04-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Bit of a spanish contingency building up on the guest list for this one! Good lads! :clap:

fitipaldi
04-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Bit of a spanish contingency building up on the guest list for this one! Good lads! :clap:

plenty of señoritas :love: ?

nick_anarchy
04-10-2005, 11:56 AM
i dont think i can resist Mampi on me doorstep....
im sure youll have a more than quality night anyways!

and hes on the same time as me i think :doh:

ComputerControlled
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM

plenty of señoritas :love: ?

none for you holmes... ;)

Stella Boy
04-10-2005, 09:20 PM

you know this is gonna be a quality night. Well looking forward to this plus i've never seen you play live so that's an added bonus.

Don't forget the tenner you owe me and Sam aswell mate ;)

05-10-2005, 08:25 AM
What tenner is this ???????? As u probablu already know i was a complete and utter birthday mess on saturday night so i really dont know what u are talking about ???? Enlighten me :oops:

Sam_Horam
05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah, Jay I'll be over to collect my tenner next Friday.

You promised me and Tony a tenner each if we actually turn up next week :lol:

05-10-2005, 12:54 PM
ah right , im safe then , wont loose any money ;)

G-BO
05-10-2005, 02:18 PM
just moved to manchester met uni, so this will be my first oputting at locked, what a night it looks, canne wait to hear mulero :rambo:

nice work locked :clap:

Technobitch
05-10-2005, 02:28 PM
just moved to manchester met uni, so this will be my first oputting at locked, what a night it looks, canne wait to hear mulero :rambo:

nice work locked :clap:

lucky you!

im at man met too!

see you at locked!

Eddie
05-10-2005, 02:37 PM
think i may make my annual pilgrimage to locked for this one,

Stella Boy
05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
What tenner is this ???????? As u probablu already know i was a complete and utter birthday mess on saturday night so i really dont know what u are talking about ???? Enlighten me :oops:

you and me both mate but i'll look forward to seeing you a week Friday

Katie
06-10-2005, 10:38 AM
think i may make my annual pilgrimage to locked for this one,

Good lad eddie get your ass down!

eyeswithoutaface
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
i seriously might be coming to this :shock: its my birthday the week after and im trying to get the saturday off work, if not il have to early train it home or something but dont want to miss this one so looking hopefull

06-10-2005, 10:57 AM
sounds promising Scott , we dont normally get this much out of you !! :shock:

eyeswithoutaface
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
aye, just really up for this one and can get extra funds due to my birthday so why not, gonna speak to Eddie later and sort it

Eddie
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
aye, just really up for this one and can get extra funds due to my birthday so why not, gonna speak to Eddie later and sort it

Your not comin down with me!

Technobitch
10-10-2005, 02:31 PM
the count down to the weekend has begun! :dance:

Eddie
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM

it hasnt for me, still feelin the effects of the last one.

Hopefully a few early nights and plenty of fruit juice will see me right for friday,

Technobitch
10-10-2005, 03:09 PM

Hopefully a few early nights and plenty of fruit juice will see me right for friday,

you'l soon be rearing to go for the weekend! i didnt have any techno last weekend so the first thing i tought of this monday was where am i going to get my next techno fix from!

Eddie
10-10-2005, 03:42 PM

you'l soon be rearing to go for the weekend! i didnt have any techno last weekend so the first thing i tought of this monday was where am i going to get my next techno fix from!

I had two days of techno, its hurt my innards somethin rottern, I will deffo be at locked but i reckon i will have to behave myself if i want to see 24

oldbugger
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM

I had two days of techno, its hurt my innards somethin rottern, I will deffo be at locked but i reckon i will have to behave myself if i want to see 24

eddie you maggot. you were asleep on mark forshaws bed by 4am on saturday morning and you didnt wake up till 12pm you lightweight :dontevengothere:

Technobitch
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM

eddie you maggot. you were asleep on mark forshaws bed by 4am on saturday morning and you didnt wake up till 12pm you lightweight :dontevengothere:

sooooooooooo we guna see oldbugger at this one????????

Eddie
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM

I hope not he stinks!

Surely i lasted longer than 4 am? what time did i fall out the club?

oldbugger
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM

hmmmmmm :scratch:

maybe ;)

Technobitch
12-10-2005, 01:22 PM

maybe ;)

i dare you!

Technobitch
12-10-2005, 01:44 PM
come on friday! :bash:

oldbugger
12-10-2005, 04:02 PM

maybe ;)

i dare you!

i was double dared to go somewhere else. :lol:

but mulero...hmmmmm :scratch:

12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
You need to get down Old B, Mulero really is the master, sicker than any mofo

oldbugger
12-10-2005, 05:08 PM
You need to get down Old B, Mulero really is the master, sicker than any mofo

sicker than me? :nono: hahaha.
oh! not that sort of sick :oops: :dontevengothere:

Technobitch
12-10-2005, 10:11 PM

maybe ;)

i dare you!

i was double dared to go somewhere else. :lol:

but mulero...hmmmmm :scratch:

get your self to manchester on friday for some serious locked antics! nothing else even comes close!

eyeswithoutaface
12-10-2005, 10:21 PM
cant wait, roll on friday

Eddie
13-10-2005, 09:04 AM
cant wait, roll on friday

Need to talk "shop" with you later gray, make sure your on msn about 6pm

eyeswithoutaface
13-10-2005, 09:26 AM
am i ever not on msn, i mean, really?

13-10-2005, 09:29 AM
u are a bit of an internet nerd arent u Scotty lad, self confessed aswell :lol:

Eddie
13-10-2005, 10:10 AM

Alright then make sure i am not blocked then,

eyeswithoutaface
13-10-2005, 11:35 AM
indeed, the net's got me well and truely sucked in

Frank Dogshit
13-10-2005, 12:03 PM

Alright then make sure i am not blocked then,

Think everyones got you blocked eddie lad!

Its the only way to stop your vile snivvleing!

Technobitch
13-10-2005, 12:35 PM
its tomorrow :dance:

fitipaldi
13-10-2005, 12:54 PM
shut up eddie :sleeping:

Eddie
13-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Goin to slap you on friday emerson!

Spoke to Yt and he is deffo making an appearence now so thats 4 of the birkenhead "massive" comin down.

Frank Dogshit
13-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Goin to slap you on friday emerson!

Spoke to Yt and he is deffo making an appearence now so thats 4 of the birkenhead "massive" comin down.

good lad.

best be on form then!

Technobitch
13-10-2005, 01:17 PM
guna be another quality night at locked i think!

fitipaldi
13-10-2005, 03:18 PM

as long as you stay off the booze dawn ;)

Matt Blak
13-10-2005, 06:09 PM
just over 28 hours to this madness

come on

:twisted:

Technobitch
13-10-2005, 06:56 PM

as long as you stay off the booze dawn ;)

who me?! nah im still off the stuf! :oops:

eyeswithoutaface
13-10-2005, 07:08 PM
il get to put a few faces to names too

Technobitch
14-10-2005, 11:12 AM
10 hours and 45 minutes to go...............but whos counting!

fatcollective
14-10-2005, 11:24 AM

u ya geek :lol:

Technobitch
14-10-2005, 11:27 AM

cant help it, im in uni wot else am i going to be thinking about apart from when the weekend starts!

eyeswithoutaface
14-10-2005, 11:31 AM
aye looking forward to tonite!

fatcollective
14-10-2005, 11:32 AM

cant help it, im in uni wot else am i going to be thinking about apart from when the weekend starts!

only jokin mate, i know you canny wait for the weekend!

Eddie
14-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Not sure if i have been paid! Waited in for the postman to see how much fun i could have tonight financially speakin and all the cunt brought me was a credit card bill!

On the upside tho i have just found a shit load of fly agaric mushrooms out back in work,

Frank Dogshit
14-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Tonights gonna be great!

Just get me out of this office!! :lol:

Technobitch
14-10-2005, 01:07 PM

only jokin mate, i know you canny wait for the weekend!

usual story for me.................. i live for the weekends!

Technobitch
14-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Not sure if i have been paid! Waited in for the postman to see how much fun i could have tonight financially speakin and all the cunt brought me was a credit card bill!

On the upside tho i have just found a shit load of fly agaric mushrooms out back in work,

be careful, aint that stuff deadly if you dont handle it right?!

Frank Dogshit
14-10-2005, 01:18 PM

dont be puttin him off it,get it down you eddie son!!! ;)

Technobitch
14-10-2005, 01:32 PM

dont be puttin him off it,get it down you eddie son!!! ;)

dont want to put him off! get it down you lad and av a bloody good trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie
14-10-2005, 03:46 PM
the safest way to do it apparently is to dry it out and smoke it, theres about 15 of them and there massive! Will be bringin a hold all in with me on monday!

Danny will ring you about half six you horrible creature!

14-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Set times:

10-11.30 - Adam Rayner
11.30-1 - Sunil Sharpe
1-2- Jay Knight live
2-4- Oscar Mulero

oldbugger
14-10-2005, 10:07 PM
see you inabit ;)

eyeswithoutaface
15-10-2005, 01:39 PM
****ing wikid night, just got home now well and truely messed up

good to meet a few heads off here such as Mackie and Dawn after the misunderstanding hehe

Sunil rocked it nicely, wikid set indeed, good to meet u too mate. Jay's live set was seriously sick, really really impressive, and Mulero totally nailed it down for 2 hours

some shenanigans afterwards of course haha including a very bizarre early morning booze run, remember that bloke Jay? hahahaha, hilarious

looking forward to the British Murder Boys date

Eddie
15-10-2005, 08:23 PM
locked was brilliant last night, it was good to get out of liverpool for once aswell, although i have to say manchester is full of weirdo's, that fella joggin was too much for a saturday morning, and as for the prick in the kwiky!

Defo down for the BMB one

eyeswithoutaface
15-10-2005, 08:30 PM
oh aye roll on BMB

Technobitch
15-10-2005, 09:02 PM
**** wikid night, just got home now well and truely messed up

good to meet a few heads off here such as Mackie and Dawn after the misunderstanding hehe

Sunil rocked it nicely, wikid set indeed, good to meet u too mate. Jay's live set was seriously sick, really really impressive, and Mulero totally nailed it down for 2 hours

some shenanigans afterwards of course haha including a very bizarre early morning booze run, remember that bloke Jay? hahahaha, hilarious

yeah i had a really good night, again, at locked! :clap:

nice to meet more new faces!

jays set was the high point of the night for me, he rocked the place with his live set!!!

thanks to craig for the use of his house afterwards! hope we didnt take the piss too much!

eyeswithoutaface
15-10-2005, 09:12 PM
jay's set was seriously the best of the night, right up my alley, hard but not dipping into the cheese, or worse, schranz... he was loving it aswell good lad haha

yeah props to that Craig lad thats a nice gaff they got there

17-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback people, massively apreciated and hope to see you at the BMB night !

Cheers :clap:

Still cant get over the fact that mr Gray made an appearance

eyeswithoutaface
17-10-2005, 01:42 PM
well you know, good things come to those who wait

any photo's yet, remember posing for a few snaps with some dodgy heads, bound to be some unpleasant pics

Eddie
17-10-2005, 01:54 PM
bound to be some unpleasant pics

Well if there of you gray i reckon most of them will be vile

Mucky Beats
17-10-2005, 04:41 PM
:clap: top night from the locked boys :clap:

realy had a good buzz at the house party after the club....

http://www.bigbear.us/images/biking.jpg

Technobitch
18-10-2005, 03:43 PM
:clap: top night from the locked boys :clap:

realy had a good buzz at the house party after the club....

http://www.bigbear.us/images/biking.jpg

didnt you just! bike riding down three fights of stairs!

fitipaldi
18-10-2005, 04:40 PM

haha, can't remember that! actually thinkin about it I can't remember much!

Must have been a good one, good to see everyone out :lol:

Eddie
18-10-2005, 04:41 PM
forgot about the extreme stair sports, well funny stuff

Technobitch
18-10-2005, 05:03 PM

haha, can't remember that! actually thinkin about it I can't remember much!

Must have been a good one, good to see everyone out :lol:

you can remember mackie and greeny daring each other to do stuff, they were well funny....especially wen greeny landed badly on the bike, the pain he must av been going through!

and ppl surfing down on the ironing board, total entertainment! :clap:

fitipaldi
18-10-2005, 05:06 PM
you can remember mackie and greeny daring each other to do stuff,

no :oops:

Technobitch
18-10-2005, 05:10 PM
you can remember mackie and greeny daring each other to do stuff,

no :oops:

bless! you were wrecked though so its not your fault!

Sunil
18-10-2005, 05:19 PM
**** wikid night, just got home now well and truely messed up

Thanks Scott, and good to meet you too, as well as other BOAers :clap:

Enjoyed all the sets, and playing too. Hadn't heard Jay's tracks before but his set sounded spot on, lots of revving up the crowd too :) :rambo:

Mulero was as usual, technically excellent, and his track selection was maybe the best I heard from him yet... Jay Denham "Revenge Of A Madman", Surgeon's mix of DHS's "House Of God" and the old Polygon Window favourite "Quoth" to name a few.

Had a blast at Locked and Manchester in general, nice city and friendly people ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==