lot's of people have been slagging fergie recently for playing techno
but i think it's just sour grapes
personally i think it's a good thing
o.k. perhaps his choice is a little cheesy from time to time
and i don't really care whether he can mix or not

but i say it's all good

crime
11-07-2003, 09:58 AM
certainly makes the word "Techno" i bit more acceptable to the majority of people... I remember times flyering for nights and people would ask, "What's the music" And you'd say "Techno" and they'd looked at you like you just told them that you had skinned their cat and eaten it for dinner! I find it quite amusing how people can moan that there's nothing going on, and that no-one is into techno, and then start whinging when it's getting played on radio one...

miles
11-07-2003, 10:15 AM
lot's of people have been slagging fergie recently for playing techno
but i think it's just sour grapes
personally i think it's a good thing
o.k. perhaps his choice is a little cheesy from time to time
and i don't really care whether he can mix or not

but i say it's all good

Do you call that Techno??...He trys but fails miserably!!!!

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 10:24 AM
yeah i think it's techno (some of the time)
he plays ben simms / umek / marco bailey
o.k. perhaps this is the trancier end of techno
but it's still techno.

good on him i say
it'll broaden peoples minds to accept this music and hopefully lead on to more people being into the harder end of it.

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 10:30 AM
ben sims trancey?

It bothered me at first, but to be honest he will be playing something else in a few months, he`s just a typical band wagon jumper... the "techno" he plays is not what i class as techno anyway.

eyes without a face
11-07-2003, 10:32 AM
i dont have a big problem with Fergie, he never will b accepted as a techno dj and i can hardly see him making a name as a techno producer, so it doesnt bother me wot hes playin or where he is playing it. the only 1 good thing about his show is the people he gets on it, so far he has had Dave Clarke, The Space Djs and also Ade has had a spot on his show, so at least we are getting to hear some decent djs outside of the clubs and on the radio

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 10:36 AM
yeah quite right
i really miss listening to the 2 colins on kiss years ago.
they played some groundbreaking stuff back in the day

eyes without a face
11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
u mean Dale and Favor? yeah, class shows, got a few on tape from my older brother but cant seem to find em.

spiralx
11-07-2003, 10:40 AM
I agree that more techno anywhere is a good thing, because most people really have no clue what techno even is. I've played a few sets to people who aren't techno-heads, and the majority response has been "Wow, I didn't know techno was like that" - people seem to have this assumption that all techno is just thud-thud-thud with no fun or funk. For most people when they hear it they're pleasently surprised :)

T
11-07-2003, 10:56 AM
yeah quite right
i really miss listening to the 2 colins on kiss years ago.
they played some groundbreaking stuff back in the day

The outer limits/abstract dance etc excellent shows, I miss em to......really got me into techno years ago listening to shows and Djs like Favor/Dale....so I guess it's good to have techno on the radio, however, I personally i don't rate Fergie anywhere near people like colin dale/favor.....have still got some old colin dale mix tapes knocking about and they are still ****in' quality, not fancy mixing but just great music.....

ampassasinbirmingham
11-07-2003, 10:59 AM
i say bring back clarkey's technology internet radio show

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 11:08 AM
If you want a good techno radio show listen to locked groove`s on proton radio (www.protonradio.com)

first wednesday of the month with Ryan Blackman (lol shouldn`t mention his name on here, you all think he is the devil) & Lee Bolton.

last week they had dj babbydaddy on, and it was an excellent nights listening, all 3 played great sets.

next month they have gunny on and then ollie ho the month after

Patrick
11-07-2003, 11:09 AM
It's all a question of motive for me. Techno is, or should be, an inclusive genre and should welcome anyone to it so long as they are doing it for the right reaons i.e the love of the music. However, if they are bandwagon jumping or trying to gain kudos by association and bigging up some underground credentials they never had then that's a whole different matter. I personally suspect Fairgies motives ("oh, have I mentioned Tony DeVit in the last 10 minutes" :roll: ), and even the briefest examination of his musical history will show he has never had any real love or understanding of techno, so any claims now that he is 'bang into it' are suspect to say the least.

However, personal views of Fairgie aside, I've got nothing against a bit of populism and anything that encourages more people to get into the music is a good thing in my book - well I try to promote a clubnight so it'd be kwazy to diss anything that might bring more people throgh the doors.

My main worry with Radio 1 and any other commercial broadcaster is that they have an obligation to try and maximise the amount of listeners they get. No matter how much we all love it, the majority of the techno we like is unpalatable to your average Joe, so they will always choose a watered down, more common denominator version to play to them. And this in turn leads to ignorant Ben Shermans turning up in techno clubs expecting you to be playing Darude's Sandstorm, (Techno! Techno! Techno! anyone ?) and then kicking off when you continue to play the music you've always played.

If radio 1 really wants to play techno, then they should get someone in who actually knows and has some history in the scene. Nothing wrong with the theory, it's just the way they put it into practice that concerns me.

Patrick
11-07-2003, 11:13 AM
If you want a good techno radio show listen to locked groove`s on proton radio (www.protonradio.com)

first wednesday of the month with Ryan Blackman (lol shouldn`t mention his name on here, you all think he is the devil) & Lee Bolton.

last week they had dj babbydaddy on, and it was an excellent nights listening, all 3 played great sets.

next month they have gunny on and then ollie ho the month after

Yet again TF you are right on the mark ! Looking forward to the Gunny broadcast.
Can you post something I disagree with please, because we're getting a bit like the Mutual Appreciation Society. :wink: :lol:

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 11:18 AM
:lol: great minds think alike :wink:

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 11:23 AM
oh and something to diagree with, hmmmm I think the spice girls were the most groundbreaking artists of the 90`s :wink:

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 11:35 AM
if he wants to do that let him do it i say. it is a free world and he is not hurting anyone. I think in a way it is a good thing in the sense of spreading the word, but perhaps not so good in the sense that it is dangerously close to becoming the next mainstream dance sound. This could lead to watered down techno artists just making it for a quick buck recieving all the rewards , and all our beloved techno heroes who have been working hard all these years to earn enough to feed the kids get overlooked...
its about £25 a minute on radio 1 though isnt it? sure could use that at the moment..

MARKEG
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
i'm with patrick. get someone on who knows what techno is all about and can present it in the right way. fergie's mixing is dreadful. his choice of tunes is awful and all he ever seems to do is opt for watered down techno that has (a) a sound and (b) a breakdown.

i'm all for the sound of techno being taken further, but to me fergie is just not techno.

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Fergie is an Irish knobhead, Lisa Lashes is playing a lot of techno now too and it frustrates me! Is it me or are they just jumping onto any style of music which they think is the most popular to keep there names in the scene?

I say stick to one style, maybe 2 if you can get away with it, and stay devoted to the genre of music you love, if you genuinely stop liking that style and move onto another because you have had a change of heart, then fair play, but don't start playing stuff to keep yourself popular, like Fergie and co.

Corbz - Out

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 02:02 PM
well well corbz a bit of a racist jube going on in your last post.
is fergie just a knobhead from ireland or is it the fact that he is irish that makes him a knob head?you want to straighten this one out mate.
anyway you can't be so exclusive about a style of music that is so small it's threatening to burn itself out, people have to be introduced to it and if it has to be "FERGS" then so be it.
i do however agree with mark and patrick that if there is going to be techno on radio 1 at least put someone one who has a long history with the style and isn't scared to really let you have it.
but it's all swings and roundabouts really. i mean some of our stuff gets played on the fergie show , now some may argue that london techno isn't techno but i say what the hell is it then? it ain't hard house and it aint trance it isn't even really "acid" techno these days so anyway "FERGS" plays it occasionally and i rekon if some really techno geezer did his show we would never get a play because we aint very purist sounding.
so what does it take to get a job as a radio 1 dj??
i reckon chris lib should be put forward for it actually mark too as you're both good mediators and i reckon we'd get a much wider selection than if it were someone like say billy nasty for example.
who do you reckon would make a good radio one dj to represent the techno scene in full with no predjudice but with something for everyone and really reliable dependable knowledge of the whole scene?

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:06 PM
well obviously it would be better to have someone more relevent representing techno on the mainstream airwaves, but there isnt and probably wont be anyone doing it that we would deem suitible.
Its just the way it is. Yes, i agree, he probably is bandwagon jumping but do we really know this? 100%?
for years i was firmly into jungle etc, and now im definitly more into techno. I can assure you im not bandwagon jumping, I have just devolped a taste for techno. How do we really know somthing like this is not the case with fergie? do we really have to be so judgmental?

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Fergie is an Irish knobhead, Lisa Lashes is playing a lot of techno now too and it frustrates me! Is it me or are they just jumping onto any style of music which they think is the most popular to keep there names in the scene?

I say stick to one style, maybe 2 if you can get away with it, and stay devoted to the genre of music you love, if you genuinely stop liking that style and move onto another because you have had a change of heart, then fair play, but don't start playing stuff to keep yourself popular, like Fergie and co.

Corbz - Out

what does it frustrate you your into trance!?!?!?!

and the irish comment was a bit disrespectful, anyway he is northern irish so don`t tarn the great republic of ireland with your comments. :wink:

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:09 PM
coxy plays a good mix of stuff, funky, hard, trancy, london, gay etc etc...
perhaps the fat one himself...?

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 02:09 PM
no racism there henry....just he is Irish and a knobhead...

I dont really like the fact that Radio 1 are playing these styles of music and I dont think I'd like it if Chris Lib or Mark became Radio 1 DJ's, down here in the South West the Hard Trance scene is booming, because of the large amount of events going on down here, the crowd is getting younger aswell, I'm only 17 myself, and I didnt find trance through Radio 1, etc etc I found it because I wanted to find it, listening to this style of music through tape packs that I had bought myself because I wanted to buy them....

I bet that dosent make any sense cause I am ranting on... :?

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 02:11 PM
techfunk - it frustrates me cause I like techno aswell, it's my second choice style of music, its underground etc and techno and trance will always be played at the events i go to...

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 02:12 PM
since when do they let racists into trance & techno raves?

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:14 PM
why on earth should people stick to one style. imho it can only be a good thing if people enjoy different types of music. and for that matter play them with thier techno..

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
ok, racism aside. thats fair enough corbz.. but WHY wouldny you like it?
what does it matter how people discover somthing?

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:24 PM
anyways. i dont mind him being on at all. at least its not fu*kin westwood

eyes without a face
11-07-2003, 02:35 PM
john how can u comment on racist people, ur probably the most racist person i know. Order of the white knights anyone?

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:37 PM
???

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 02:38 PM
what do you mean!!!! westwood is a genius!!!
i reckon he must snort 25 bags of charlie and go on air sometimes.
i mean jesus the guy will not shut up and he even talks over his (sometimes incredibly famous/dangerous) rap star guests and then there's the explosions and then there's him shouting "yeah bring it on baby boy" and "this is how it's goin' down!!!"
absolutely hilarious comedy radio at it's best

Adverse
11-07-2003, 02:40 PM
why on earth should people stick to one style. imho it can only be a good thing if people enjoy different types of music. and for that matter play them with thier techno..

i definitely do not just listen to techno.

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:41 PM
i hear you, but anything funny gets shite if you have too much of it.
just look at graham nort.

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 02:43 PM
guys please don't argue about rasicm

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 02:49 PM
what the f*ck are you on about scott???????

I am not racist at all, you have been listening to eddie`s bullsh*t too much.... as for this order of the white knights you are on about, it was a joke I made up telling eddie me & John Robert`s had joined a nazi group and whether he wanted to join, a joke which eddie blew out of proportion.

get your facts straight first scott before you go making comments like that

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:49 PM
doh! yes, we all listen to other types of music. but i think it would be nice if more djs would look for records outside of thier own scene. for example i wish some of the progressive or tribal house artists would investigate techno labels a bit more and visa versa, and sometime you might find a trance record with somthing a bit interesting on the other side... whatever - people just dont look outside of thier own box too much.. tis' a shame.

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:50 PM
****in hell, this sound like a cheap brazillian soap opera

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:52 PM
doh! again! what i meant to say back there is i was taking corbzy comment to in the context of dance music alone..
god, i wish i could just finish saying what i have to say b4 pressing post.
maybe i should go for a wank and chill out a bit... :?

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 02:55 PM
a) im not racist, in any way, shape, form etc etc

b) i think this has blown out of proportion, i gave my opinion and obviously people disagree with it, thats fair enough.

but please dont brand me as a racist...its not very nice. :cry:

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 02:56 PM
a) im not racist, in any way, shape, form etc etc

b) i think this has blown out of proportion, i gave my opinion and obviously people disagree with it, thats fair enough.

but please dont brand me as a racist...its not very nice. :cry:

I was joking mate don`t take it seriously.

nah it`s not nice when idiots come on and brand you a racist is it?

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 02:58 PM
yeah techfunk mate it isnt nice...

sorry to anyone i have offended, :|

Patrick
11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
I say stick to one style, maybe 2 if you can get away with it, and stay devoted to the genre of music you love, if you genuinely stop liking that style and move onto another because you have had a change of heart, then fair play

Hmmm, the problem I've got with that is that the genre of music I love is just that - music. There are only two genres you need to be aware of, good and bad. Much as I love techno, and yeah it probably is my first love, the most fun I've had lately has come from playing really eclectic sets with no restrictions and just going with it and hopping accross all the genres - funk, soul, house, hip-hop, techno, breaks, jazz, disco, broken beat, d'n'b or whatever. Just good tunes, regardless of genre. Don't restrict yourself, Corbzy, you're just denying yourself an opportunity to hear some amazing music that way.

Paddy the Irishman :twisted: :wink:

Patrick
11-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Fcking hell, you lot must have fitted about twelve posts in the time I typed that last one. I'm with Jimmah, it's like a feckin soap opera.

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah I spose, but I find it difficult to get into any other style of music, I like a bit of Punk like Saves the Day and Reel Big Fish.

But apart from that I cant listen to any other styles because they bore me, thats why my opinion is like it is.

Corbzy not an Irishman... :lol:

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah i like the way as they get angry they use each others names in every sentence. just like on trisha..
then the cute little make up at the end, means i can go back to scrubbing the kids' nappies and cooking the tea with a warm glow inside...

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 03:09 PM
yeah i like the way as they get angry they use each others names in every sentence. just like on trisha..
then the cute little make up at the end, means i can go back to scrubbing the kids' nappies and cooking the tea with a warm glow inside...

:lol: LOL

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:10 PM
hahahaha, nice to break the arguing up with a bit of humour jimmah! :D

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:12 PM
corbz.. jeez man, i immediatly assumed you meant not listening to any other types of club type music. you really should try to listen to some other stuff. just try going to some different types of gigs and relaxing into the sound.. any kind of music is brilliant as long as its, er.. briliiant music.. if you know what i mean. Patrick knows the score, its about good and bad

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:19 PM
like what?

i go to paddys techno nights all the time and go to any trance event i can get to, why go to something I wouldnt enjoy? :?:

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:22 PM
yeah, i allways think i wont enjoy somthing till i let go and get into it (as long as its well made music)
ive even had a few beers and heard folk music stuff and enjoyed myself to it.. *puts ass in the air for a damn good flaming*

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 03:23 PM
listen to some electro and see what you think.

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:24 PM
nah, fair play to ya all, it seems the techno lot have a much wider spectrum of music enjoyment, i'll just stick to my trance and occasional techno and i'll be alright, cheers man :wink:

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:25 PM
ill give you five years and you'll be beadstroking in some trendy jazz club... :wink:

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 03:25 PM
I`m into all sorts, i have even enjoyed the odd irish folk somg of my dad`s, non dance music wise i like, disco, soul, jazz, hip hop, r&b (not this pop r&b rubbish)

i just love music basically

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:26 PM
beardstroking...doh! wheres that bloody edit button got too?

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:26 PM
It's my age mate, I'm too focused on one genre....

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:27 PM
heh.. i thought you said "just love music"
as in 'just barry white'

god knows why i found that funny

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 03:28 PM
god rest his soul :roll:

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 03:29 PM
yeah that was a tragic loss, Barry was a legend.

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Barry Who? :roll: lol

R.I.P Barry White

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 03:34 PM
hey corbz
i'm sure you'll get into something else when your a little older
i was pretty focused on punk and that was it when i was 17 but i grew up in a household of musicians so i always had other forms of music around me.

DJ Corbzy
11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
yeah i think thats it, im too young to appreciate older more retro forms of music that most if you are into....

i'll learn one day... :D

BritishMurderBoy
11-07-2003, 05:30 PM
is this a discussion about techno on radio 1 or barry white and racism?

scott and john are the brazillian soap stars they have a inept ability to start bitching at each other an turn the discussion into something it is not...

:lol:

anyway getting back on track...

the opinions i have on this issue have been pretty well douccumented:

i dislike the idea that someone who has had nothing to do with the creation, establishment or future of techno is able to blurt the word all over the airwaves like it is a new flavour of the month, it is not the way it should be done.. equally i dont like the tracks he play or the way he mixes it is not a reflection of the scene at all...

I am not against techno being publisised but only in the right manner, by someone who does justice to the tracks he plays and is picking out new records that aren't just a list of techno favourites that you hear on r1..

Potentially this could blow up in techno's face, new nites could spring up all over the country with crap dj's playing bland and generic music that is only due to the success of a national radio show..

fergie three hour techno set at the firefly in nottingham for example... was anyone unfortunate enough to have been there? i think he played along side umek...

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 05:46 PM
now now Daniel, I never argue with anyone on here, and i rarely argue with scott on any board, eddie is the bitch luckily he does come on here.

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 05:56 PM
doesn`t come on here I mean

The Divide
11-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Put it this way. I dont think that Fergie will get the same respect as any other Techno D.J's because hes jumped from one bandwagon to another. Fuk fergie, I got more time for John Peel infact I got tonnes of respect for John Peel. It make me laugh after that banging Dave Clarke set he was buzzing his tits off and he was going "king! you can honestly say THIS GUY IS KING, all you guys down in main office wanna get out of that mainstream crap and GET ON DOWN HERE" then said "and for my next record I give you Tina Turner" hahaha. At least he isnt trying to blend Hard house into Techno. John Peel isnt playing the odd techno track now and again for the money, infact I am sure hes putting his neck on the line having Dave Clarkee/Jeff mills come in and DJ for his show as Radio 1 is mainly RnB, Soul, Garage and Dance. I dont feel that thats pushing techno towards a commercialized sound. However fergies show is a bit differant to this...

Saturday 12th July 17.00 - 21.00 (berlin love parade)
Judge Jules and Fergie with recorded sets from the Radio 1 Space float including Pete Tong, Judge Jules, Fergie and Paul Van Dyk

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/berlin2003.shtml

This guy is DJing along side the likes of Judge Jules and Paul Van Dyke, will this be a techno set???? If it is then it stinks.

Did some one say Tim westwood! hahahah yeah, its funny as **** his show, hes like a comedy version of Eminem. Thats who Ali G was suposed to have been inspired by. I heard he got shot in London for getting chants going for the East side whist in the West side of London. Mad head

The Divide
11-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I realy hope it isnt. Sure the crowd will love it, its gonna sound raw compared to music by the likes of Pete Tong. So what happens next, Paul Van Dyke wanting a slice of the techno pie and mixing drumcode into some cheesy trance pop poop. Its just gonna to have a negative effect in the long run.

BritishMurderBoy
12-07-2003, 04:24 AM
I got more time for John Peel infact I got tonnes of respect for John Peel.

yes, i whole heartedly agree john peel is a fantastic.. this man is truley trying to forward peoples knowledge at about less well known genres of music..

he sounds like hapiness :D

davethedrummer
12-07-2003, 11:16 AM
yeah i must admit i too am a really big fan of john peels,me and chris played a live session for him once which was a real thrill and he tracked down smitten records to the office and came round for a cup of tea. i can't really imagine fergie doing that can you?
anyway the whole thing has left me in even more awe of the man than before, i mean i used to do my homework to his show!
definately one of the bravest djs in the world and how does he get to know about all these different styles of music and he knows all the artists and labels etc etc etc....????
respect paid in the highest

Paul Nisbet
12-07-2003, 12:21 PM
On the fergie note, i dont know bout him opening up people too techno.

As i seen him a couple of times in the last wee while, and even tho he is playin some good stuff imo, he is dropping dj elite and belfast child in with them, and all the peeps go crazy at they tunes not so much the techno.

And he mixes it in the most crap way ever, i thought it might put peeps off techno rather that get them into it tbh. He is still playin BXR tunes from 2 or 3 years ago, which are the big tunes of his set.

Mistress barbera on the other hand, is playin all the big clubs. PLayin good quality techno (imo) and she is destroyin the place. I seen her in scotland 2 months back, and she was awesome, totally outclassed all the radio1 djs and superstars, telling you. She made them look silly. The place was goin off.

davethedrummer
12-07-2003, 12:40 PM
interestintg stuff ,good one to mistress barbara
i don't think it'd be that hard to outclass a radio 1 dj though.
hehe

Paul Nisbet
12-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Agreed, lmfao. It was like listening to a recording of the horses galloping at the grand national when they were all on. lmfao.

Vote mistress.

Gotta give her credit, as im imagining she is gettin paid well from the likes of godskitchen. But she has stuck too her guns, and still playin top tunes (maybe a bit more big room, big tune orientated) which is goin down well.

As im imagining it can be easy too sell out when ur gettin the cash flung at u.

The Divide
12-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Vote mistress.

Saw her DJ at love techno Last November, its was one of the last sets and very hard too. Loved it, didnt know she was dj'ing godskitchen. I wouldnt imagine her watering the set down with other styles.

eyes without a face
12-07-2003, 02:03 PM
if it was a joke then john, why did u give eddies mobile number out on the white knights website or wotever it was? eddie had people ringing him up asking about racist marches that u had told them he was organising.

my facts are straight, people on here dont know you like we know you

DJ Corbzy
12-07-2003, 02:06 PM
:shock:

eyes without a face
12-07-2003, 02:28 PM
back to the post tho, anyone remember when Dave Clarke took over for Mary Ann Hobbs on Radio 1 for a week? it was a while ago, but it was wikid

his Technology show on the internet was superb, i used to love listneing to his new show when online, hearing all the biggest tracks first, it was class.

Esox Lucius
12-07-2003, 03:07 PM
yeah I remember that.

Paul Nisbet
12-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Vote mistress.

Saw her DJ at love techno Last November, its was one of the last sets and very hard too. Loved it, didnt know she was dj'ing godskitchen. I wouldnt imagine her watering the set down with other styles.

She doesnae mate.... lol.

Got too be there too believe, i was just watchin her play nails, pure messin the whole arena.

It was imense. very good dj.

Jimfish
14-07-2003, 09:41 AM
yeah DAVE, i heartily agree about peely. He commands a huge amount of respect from people, and deservedly so.
I cant think of anybody who has that much appeal to every musical group, and (parhaps even more impressivly) musical group..
he is a very top man.

Esox Lucius
14-07-2003, 09:50 AM
JP is my hero, he`s who i look up to musically.

Jimfish
14-07-2003, 10:07 AM
what the ****? whats wrong with me?
that second bit was meant to be agegroup..
what a knob :cry:

wheres that edit button :x

The Divide
14-07-2003, 10:53 AM
wheres that edit button

Hahahaha, chill out man! :lol:

Col
15-07-2003, 10:54 AM
getting back to the original post involving fergie, the guy is a fuking turd!
nothing more than a bandwagon boy, his ego is the most important thing to him, the real reason he plays techno is for credibility, for instance when hard house held underground status he was there, helping to bring a commercial aspect to the music, when hard house became too commercial, he jumped off the bandwagon and onto trance/hard trance, again he brought a commercial aspect to the music, and when it became too commercial for his liking he jumped off onto techno, the rest we will wait and see, although i dont think he can destroy techno, and make techno just another embarrasing word, like he has done with the previous genres of music. for me this guy has gone one step too far, his history shows that:

1. he has no passion for the music which he plays.

2. he will be playing another genre of music in the near future.

besides that the majority of techno that he does play is nothing more than cheesey tech turd.

and as for good for techno, why would techno want an overated bum, who has no intrest in taking the music forward. his only intrest his is ego the guy thinks that he is a superstar....ive seen more superstar in terry wogan!

did anyone use to read M8 (dance music mag...shit mag i know) i dont know if he still has "a month in music with fergie" pages but the majority of his month of music pages involved telling everybody what designer clothes he was wearing that month...sad pathetic bastard!!! he makes me sick, how dare anybody see this guy good for techno, the man wants a fukin gun putting to his head!

davethedrummer
15-07-2003, 11:17 AM
wow you really don't like him do you?!!!?
personally i don't think putting a gun to his head is the right idea
but i know where your coming from
but i still think that the more people who listen to techno then the better it is for all of us
o.k. you may not think the type of techno he plays is of any worth
but for people who normally listen to cheese and only cheese it may be the gateway in they need.
as for the techno scene itself it doesn't do itself any favours but at least it's strong enough to withstand the invasion of commercialisation
at the end of the f*ck fergie. i couldn't care less who does it. just get some bloody techno on the airwaves so i can have something less offensive than normal raiod to listen to when i'm driving to a gig and i've forgotten my tapes

Esox Lucius
15-07-2003, 11:40 AM
lol didn`t mark used to do the month in music page in m8?

m8 wasn`t as bad as some other music mags like mixmag & muzik, i only really read jockey slut.

The Divide
15-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Hola..

I have been thinking about this whole argument quite a lot recently. I think the reason it pisses me off is coz when i was about 16 and going out to the larger Ravier places like helter skelter and what not. My mate got me into hard trance. I realy liked it back then, all of a sudden I started hearing this watered down shite thats all over the radio today. It completly put me off (also may have something to do with growing up, and seeing the light :roll: ). So thats the reason, then it came to me. Its not going to happen to techno, it never will do. The artists are too passionate about keeping that raw agressive sound that makes us all like techno. Others may incorporate into they're music but thats always happened and the fact is the real techno players will always be there. Perhaps it kicks off, and we have a whole new generation of gatecrasher techno heads. Where D.J sets where they build the it up to techno. I couldnt honestly I dont think those crouds will be able to digest a night of raw orbit Paul Damage stlye techno. But it will definatly open up peoples minds and ideas towards it and those people who get into techno this way are more likely to buy harder records than they did when there were clubbing to trance/house. Result, more records been sold. More bandwagon Dj's (thats a negative). More people into it, I now think I see some good positives from all this. Still, they should have some one whos a real techno player on radio one, its the way it should be done. Oh and I cant do with cyber kids too. There should be a law against that shit! Esp in techno.

Col
15-07-2003, 01:57 PM
lol didn`t mark used to do the month in music page in m8?

m8 wasn`t as bad as some other music mags like mixmag & muzik, i only really read jockey slut.

mark did the month of music page in wax, which was a brilliant magazine dedicated to underground music, unfortunatley its no longer around. M8 is too commercial for my liking, although mark used too do reviews in there, in fact i dont know if he still does.

Col
15-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Hola..

I have been thinking about this whole argument quite a lot recently. I think the reason it pisses me off is coz when i was about 16 and going out to the larger Ravier places like helter skelter and what not. My mate got me into hard trance. I realy liked it back then, all of a sudden I started hearing this watered down shite thats all over the radio today. It completly put me off (also may have something to do with growing up, and seeing the light :roll: ). So thats the reason, then it came to me. Its not going to happen to techno, it never will do. The artists are too passionate about keeping that raw agressive sound that makes us all like techno. Others may incorporate into they're music but thats always happened and the fact is the real techno players will always be there. Perhaps it kicks off, and we have a whole new generation of gatecrasher techno heads. Where D.J sets where they build the it up to techno. I couldnt honestly I dont think those crouds will be able to digest a night of raw orbit Paul Damage stlye techno. But it will definatly open up peoples minds and ideas towards it and those people who get into techno this way are more likely to buy harder records than they did when there were clubbing to trance/house. Result, more records been sold. More bandwagon Dj's (thats a negative). More people into it, I now think I see some good positives from all this. Still, they should have some one whos a real techno player on radio one, its the way it should be done. Oh and I cant do with cyber kids too. There should be a law against that shit! Esp in techno.

yeah ill second that

Paul Nisbet
16-07-2003, 09:57 PM
to be fair too fergie, he used too be able to mix, and mix very well at that. But imo, when u r playin music u r not really into, ur mixin is just not as good!!! Imo he is into techno for the wrong reasons.

He is nothin short of an embaressment, i have seen him a few times recently and he has been panty hose.

Sunil
17-07-2003, 05:47 AM
to be fair too fergie, he used too be able to mix, and mix very well at that. But imo, when u r playin music u r not really into, ur mixin is just not as good!!! Imo he is into techno for the wrong reasons.

He is nothin short of an embaressment, i have seen him a few times recently and he has been panty hose.

Let's just all look at the Fergie thing in amusement, that's the way I feel anyway. I'd have more of a gripe with the labels that are making watered down techno that panders to the likes of Fergie et al

Jimfish
17-07-2003, 07:38 AM
yeah, and it whatever you say, it IS better than having say, a load of crappy trance (the stuff with singing especially) as the only thing to listen to when you are hacking down the motorway...

davethedrummer
17-07-2003, 11:50 AM
M8 wasn`t as bad as some other music mags like mixmag & muzik, i only really read jockey slut.

i utterly disagree
m8 was a complete pile of shit which was only interested in showing raunchy club photo's and blithering on about house music or kiddie raves

i don't really like any of the dance music media but this was a real stinker of a magazine
apart from marks reviews of course
but the articles in it!!!!! please!!!!
and the photo's all young girls with their tits out e-ed out of their minds

DJ Corbzy
17-07-2003, 12:25 PM
and the photo's all young girls with their tits out e-ed out of their minds

:D :D :D :D :P

The Divide
17-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Once upon a time M8 used to be good, then it started turning itself into another mixmag, most of the underground coverage dissapeared and all the articles ended up been about swanky superclub places. To me thats the bigest mistake they made as it just became another mixmag (ie boring pic's of cyber kiddies, people dressed up with the occasional coverage on drugs chucked in to boost sales). I think in england we are missing a decent underground magazine aimed more at rave, techno, etc. Why did eternity, dream magazine dissapear?? Sure at the time there wasnt as much events, with the helter Skelter closing but I still thought the demand was there.

Esox Lucius
17-07-2003, 12:44 PM
I used to buy m8 when it had loads of hardcore stuff in it, years ago, but when it went to trance and sh*t like that i stopped getting it.

all the so called dance mags are crap, IDJ & jockey slut aren`t too bad.

MARKEG
17-07-2003, 01:25 PM
M8 went pish because edtior Mickey McNonagonagle was seducted by the superclub coke scene and wanted to shag them all up their asses. Thank god he's recently left the mag. Now we have a new editor and I have to say, it's turning around - slowly but surely. There's was more articles than ever that interested me last month and this month it's even better.

Good ridance Mickey! Welcome Kevin!

Jimfish
17-07-2003, 01:42 PM
maybe its just been in a cocoon so that now it can become a butterfly!

Jimfish
17-07-2003, 01:46 PM
sorry, that was a bit of a gay comment really.. :oops:

DJ Corbzy
17-07-2003, 01:48 PM
yeah jim, rather gay... :D

davethedrummer
17-07-2003, 01:53 PM
and whats wrong with making gay comments?

well i'm glad to hear that the mag is turning itself around
it was easily the worst of them all in my opinion.
dj isn't too bad sometimes
but it's all bullsh*t really
i think upfront is pretty good it maybe deals with a bit more trance than techno but they had an interview with henrik b a few issues ago and the reviews are pretty good .it's quite an underground mag

Jimfish
17-07-2003, 04:34 PM
yeah, dj isnt too bad when you are getting voted in at number nity-somthing in thier top 100 you mean :wink:

Jimfish
17-07-2003, 04:37 PM
isnt there another little one like upfront? i cant remember for the life of me what it is... i wanted to send some tracks in for the tech section but could'nay even remember the name..

Louk
17-07-2003, 04:38 PM
overload?

Louk

Paul Nisbet
17-07-2003, 06:42 PM
M8 went pish because edtior Mickey McNonagonagle was seducted by the superclub coke scene and wanted to shag them all up their asses. Thank god he's recently left the mag. Now we have a new editor and I have to say, it's turning around - slowly but surely. There's was more articles than ever that interested me last month and this month it's even better.

Good ridance Mickey! Welcome Kevin!

Agreed, kev is a dj at least (is he still) and is tryin too do summit a bit different.

M8 was gettin too the point that it was Mickey and fergies diary for 2 thirds of the mag. lol... and that radge blonde chick who isnae even that fit, talkin a lot of bolloks about how she is the biggest clubber in the world etc...

davethedrummer
17-07-2003, 10:34 PM
yeah, dj isnt too bad when you are getting voted in at number nity-somthing in thier top 100 you mean :wink:

yeah, but at least i didn't turn into a ****ing butterfly and spread my beautiful girly wings all over the place hahahaha

:oops: :oops: :oops:

DJ Corbzy
17-07-2003, 10:38 PM
hahaha
1-0 dave the drummer! :D

djfase
17-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Anyone remember eternity and wax magazines?

Two fine mags if you ask me. Both mainly based on the music only

Jimfish
18-07-2003, 10:52 AM
hoisted by my own petard!

DJ Corbzy
18-07-2003, 12:27 PM
hoisted by my own petard!

hahahaha, oh jim you make me chuckle! :D

Col
21-07-2003, 10:22 AM
i agree with dave, in that saying upfront is the best dance mag out there, the only one worth reading, just goes to show the best things in life are free!

wenna
21-07-2003, 10:42 AM
for free i would say that upfront is top quality!

in its time eternity was the only underground dance magazine
m8 was ok, good for the trance reviews and the odd cd now and again.
wax-good for techno reviews and the odd cd now and again...
i think that is is probably very hard to sell a truely underground magazine nowadays :cry:

Angrymann
22-07-2003, 01:34 PM
On the subject of Fergie - Who ****ing cares , as long as I get more Techno on the radio I don't care who plays it. I think we all just get upset cause we wouldn't mind doing something like that ourselves and we get a bit pissed when it come to the fore through someone with no passion for the music , like we have.

But all of the Radio1 dj's (excluding John Peel , they will never interfere with his show , WOULD YOU??) Carl Cox included are just faces and names for the ignorant. It's for people who say they don't like techno in one sentence and then rave about Carl Cox(who plays 90% techno , shite but still techno). Radio1 is for muppets who haven't got a clue , pity we didn't have real radio stations like they have in Germany!!!

As for Music mags , I used to buy Jocket Slut but now I just find it tedious , the same people kissing each others arses and promoting their mates records. You've got guys from one half of a production duo reviewing the other halfs solo efforts. Loads of bollocks. They think because they only put initials beside the reviews that you aren't going to have a clue who did they review , they must think we are all ****ing stupid. And most of the Techno records are reviewd by the same person , which shows a distinct lack of interest from them in this genre.

I may be the only one that thinks this but I would hate to have Dave Clarke on the radio all the time, I would much rather have a guy on who is a bit of a laugh and has a bit of banter and normality about him. Another radio show for the Clarkmeister would just feed his already inflated Ego. When was the last time he produced a good record , go on tell me ,he can mix but he overuses the 600 to **** anyone can do that. Another dj who rests on his previous lorals.

davethedrummer
22-07-2003, 02:52 PM
hahahahaa
what an angry post!
i think you're quite right about d.a.v.e. clark haha!
i'd rather hear someone who's maybe a little more easy going than him.
although he does claim to have calmed down recently.
but i don't believe him.

i still reckon chrislib
or mark would do a great job
'cos we'd get a bit of everything then and i don't think there are many djs i could say that about.

Addict
22-07-2003, 02:57 PM
It took me bloody ages to read everyones posts :oops: but from what I've read I agree with Patrick's post about getting the right DJ to represent techno rather than Fergie, this sort of happened with Hard Trance as well, we had Judge Jules representing it to the masses and it was the bottom of the barrel stuff :cry: . From what I can gather after 3/4 years listening to underground music this always seems to happen, except maybe with hard house, most of the Hard House DJ's I was into got to represent there sound (Lashes, Fergie, BK) but then now they apparently play techno and BK is a hard trance producer all of a sudden. Vicious circle!! :evil:

Si the Sigh
22-07-2003, 03:28 PM
...Speaking of Vicious Circle...I liked the Acid Disco remix Mr Cullen! AAAACCCCIIIIIIIDDDDD!!!! 8) IBack to the Radio 1 thing, I also agree that Fergie is not the right man for teaching techno to the massive. Someone else should be doing it really, and like Addict said, look at Judge Jules and his brand of "hard" trance. Techno on Radio 1 is a good thing though. People who though techno is a dirty word and ment 300bpm noise are slowly begining to open their minds a bit...That has to be a good thing.

Col
22-07-2003, 03:29 PM
radio 1 couldnt give two fuks about what fergies playing, just as long as his name sits on their radio listings, there not going to get a well respected techno dj to play instead of fergie, radio 1 hardly know jack shit about real quality dance music, if they did they wouldnt employ a bunch of egotistical, money grabbing twats. :twisted:

Esox Lucius
22-07-2003, 03:55 PM
...Speaking of Vicious Circle...I liked the Acid Disco remix Mr Cullen! AAAACCCCIIIIIIIDDDDD!!!!

I didn`t like that at all, it`s well produced but it just didn`t do anything for me.

davethedrummer
22-07-2003, 06:16 PM
oh well you can't please them all.
anyway back to the topic.
if not fergie then who???

Jimfish
22-07-2003, 06:20 PM
i dont think they got him in to play techno...hasnt he just kind of merged over from hard dance stuff?

Jimfish
22-07-2003, 06:21 PM
hypothetically D.A.V.E, would you do it?

Jimfish
22-07-2003, 06:38 PM
i reackon the man they would get in for the job if they were going to would be coxy, or maybe clarke - didnt cox copresent some late night channel 4 thing a few years back or am i getting confused?

Angrymann
23-07-2003, 01:07 PM
I thought Carl Cox was already a Radio 1 DJ. We are all expressing our opinon on this yet it seems none of us actually listen to radio one. Terry Wogan is still the man is he not??

I don't think anyone should do it , unless it's not on Radio One. Cause all that will happen if someone cool did it , they would be shot to pieces by doubters and twisted undiscovered folk like myself , who would bleat on about selling out , not being underground etc etc. So it wouldn't be worth anyone's time to do it , cause it is inevitable that would happen , unless of course the show was allowed to take it's own form , rather than the usual radio one bollocks of " come along tonight , watch me play it's going to be great me and a whole load of other Super Star Dj's" (**** off dick your only playing records so shut the **** up , you lispy ****).

It may just work as long as it was done in the right way!!!

I'll do it and i'll take a couple of you (in)famous dudes with me too!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==