PDA

View Full Version : YUGO Techno

MARKEG
25-09-2005, 08:20 AM
For those of you that don't know Yugo Techno means to me Ex-Yugoslavia techno. And that includes Serbia, Croatia, Bosnian etc. Remember the country that NATO bombed the hell out of in 1999?? Yeah that's Serbia...... I played there last week ;)

This country rocks.

To be honest, I've played here for the last 10 years and I love it.

A total hardcore techno contingent.

Serbia one of my faves place to play for techno, a real challenge. I absolutely love this place, but Macenodia and Bosnia/Croatia rocks too. Has anyone else played here? Has anyone been here? I love every minute of being there ;)

I wanna get threads on this place going. I think it's important.

If you live there, what does this place mean to you? Why is it different? If you've played there what does it all mean to you?? Just read my own Month On Music on the main BOA website and you will see what this means to me ;)

Respect to YUGO!! :)

Dorian Hunter
25-09-2005, 08:45 AM
I played last weekend at Bitches from hell 3 @ Club Heaven (Trebija/Slovenia), crowd there is really awesome. It was my first gig there and defo one of my best so far.
A friend of mine who came to Austria from Bosnia has the plan to do a Y-tek-party with one DJ from every state of Ex-yugo, cool idea I think.

aphex_hn
25-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Mark its nice to hear that u had sutch a good time :clap:
Respect to Mita and the Concrete crew for bringing all those quality dj's to serbia

yeah, I am from serbia & montenegro
and a BOA member for a couple of years...
I read it every day,the best place on the net to get information, a great community

cheers and keep up the good work

MITA
25-09-2005, 03:19 PM
ROCK DA PLACEEEEEEE :!: :rambo:

Hey Mark....great set,great atmo,full open air party with rain hahahaha
it was great man.really loved second part of ya set..
was down in the crowd ,and had a great time.
we shut it down at 6..people wanted more...f***

regards to all the ex yugo ppl! :cool:

@ dorian: that is a great idea to do . all the djz from ex yugo..nice

@aphex_hn: pozdrav brate!

Xavi
25-09-2005, 03:41 PM
YO MARK .... KILLER PARTY

****in amazing atmosphere , reallly digged your set especially the second half ! :twisted:
yeah like Mita said , it was raining while u played but no one gived a FUK !!!

everybody had a great time ... i'm cracked up :crackup:

'spect ! :rambo:

RDR
25-09-2005, 06:32 PM
spent time in slovenia this year and loved it..

respect to the eastern european crew in general..

Keepin the faith where others lost it..

davethedrummer
25-09-2005, 08:34 PM
well i've been to croatia once at a club called extravaganza
great fun , not a lot of people that night but not empty either.
many well known guys have been there before me ( varella , wittekind etc etc ) , and the guy boro who booked me was really nice.

croatia = red wine and coke ( cola ....not the other kind)

eeeeeuuurrgh!

absolute hangover material.

also i played once in sarajevo , that was wicked! , in a big wharehouse to a largely drum and bass crowd , but they really got into it , and the after party was a lot of laughs.

weird stuff driving to and from the airport and seeing all these bombed out buildings ( yes , still!!! after nearly ten years!!!)
the guy who was driving me was telling me about the war and the time that his entire street ended up living in a basement together.
if you went into the street you were in danger of being shot by snipers , but they still went drinking and clubbing even then

totally mad really , but it just goes to show how adaptable people are andf how the human spirit will just not lie down and take it.

one of the great things about travelling and djing is meeting people like this in these bizarre countries.
one of the worst things is airports and security staff.....but that's another story.

icb
25-09-2005, 09:36 PM
well i've been to croatia once at a club called extravaganza
great fun , not a lot of people that night but not empty either.
many well known guys have been there before me ( varella , wittekind etc etc ) , and the guy boro who booked me was really nice.

eeeeeuuurrgh!

also i played once in sarajevo , that was wicked! , in a big wharehouse to a largely drum and bass crowd , but they really got into it , and the after party was a lot of laughs.

weird stuff driving to and from the airport and seeing all these bombed out buildings ( yes , still!!! after nearly ten years!!!)
the guy who was driving me was telling me about the war and the time that his entire street ended up living in a basement together.
if you went into the street you were in danger of being shot by snipers , but they still went drinking and clubbing even then

totally mad really , but it just goes to show how adaptable people are andf how the human spirit will just not lie down and take it.

one of the great things about travelling and djing is meeting people like this in these bizarre countries.
one of the worst things is airports and security staff.....but that's another story.

Yes, I`ve been there in Sarajevo when you played it, really enjoyed your set, looking forward to see you again sometimes, I`m amazed by your technique,..... musically,little bit more acid than I like, but since I`m not in position to hear it on a regular basis, I enjoyed very much.... keep up the good work!!!

SlavikSvensk
26-09-2005, 01:11 AM

eeeeeuuurrgh!

bambus! hate that stuff. give me some slivo or travarica any day of the week...

pozdrav braca iz bivse jugoslavije...

Xavi
26-09-2005, 12:28 PM
hey Dave ..

cant wait to hear you for the first time live here in Belgrade

u and chris on 4 dex ! :twisted: in november ! :rambo:

cheers :crackup:

Filip Xavi .concrete djz

ps.

pozdrav svoj techno bracji sa bivsih yougo prostora !

koma
26-09-2005, 01:10 PM
bambus! hate that stuff. give me some slivo or travarica any day of the week...

pozdrav braca iz bivse jugoslavije...

hahaha yep, bambus (bamboo).. I've drinked that shit when I was younger as crazy, now I can't get near it.. :dontevengothere:

pozdrav svima s ovih prostora, long live yugo techno :lol:
will wrote more when I catch some time, I see some questions in Mark's post...

schlager
28-09-2005, 06:44 PM
oh, getting yugonostalgic or what :lol: croatia is certainly not a good place to party, not for me at least, but I'm a drug addict anyway, so why should you give a f++k :rolleyes: Blessed with the most beautiful coastline in Europe, it was just made for partying and welcoming the countless sunrises with your head up in the clouds - if it wasn't for the croatian robocops. i really get pissed off, if i can't smoke a joint on the dancefloor, not to mention some stronger stuff.

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 05:13 PM
oh, getting yugonostalgic or what :lol:

pa smo jugonostalgicni, stvarno, ali nisam jugoslovenac... ;)

schlager
29-09-2005, 05:53 PM
oh, getting yugonostalgic or what :lol:

slovenac ja, hehe

MARKEG
29-09-2005, 10:53 PM
any chance of an english translation??!?!

:)

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 11:16 PM

roughly translates to...

"so we are yugonostalgic, but i'm not a yugoslav... ;)"

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 11:17 PM
before that everyone was basically saying "what's up all y'all in ex-yugoslavia..."

MITA
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
http://www.clansf.com/.mita/markeg_concrete@barutana2005-publika5.jpg
http://www.clansf.com/.mita/markeg_concrete@barutana2005-mark1.jpg[/img]
http://www.clansf.com/.mita/markeg_concrete@barutana2005-mark3.jpg
http://www.clansf.com/.mita/markeg_concrete@barutana2005-publika3.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/776/nightvision4of.jpg

kai
06-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice pics! :cool:

Heard so many good reports of parties in Eastern Europe in the dance press, and in person from Dodgy Edgy, Chris Gawtry & SWIV. One of my aims for next year is to get out to at least one party out there - I think it will end up being CzechTek though, rather than the former Yugoslavia.

Dirtyacid
06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Im keen to go over their if only to hear mark eg play techno I,ve just listened to that the anxious live in brazil & to any of you guy,s over their get mark booked to do the live pa it facking rocks honest I,ve familiy in slovinia & the techno rocks their umek & valentino kanzyani mint as ****.

you guys are so lucky out their techno blasting all over we have to put up with trance & most of the main stream turd.

MARK WHEN WE GUNNA GET ANOTHER TECHNO CD OUT LIKE CLUB EXPERIMENTS????? :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==