PDA

View Full Version : Hallo there : )

Tom Eyre
25-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey Everyone.
Im kinda new to the forum so jus thought i would say hello and post a track i have finished recently.

Any feedback would be great!

thanks all

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DSWDX5X877T50TX9O9OFNZWSV

fresh_an_funky_design
25-09-2005, 10:06 PM
this tune is wicked, really tight production and quite original. good stuff :clap:

Tom Eyre
25-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback :)

dan the acid man
26-09-2005, 12:33 AM
yeah, really enjoyed this, good production, nice arrangement, great stuff.

the only thing im not sure about is the whole tune sounds like its clipping a little

orac
26-09-2005, 09:16 AM
really nice stuff ! looking forward to your next tunes :)

Tom Eyre
26-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the feedback all, really appreciated! :clap:

I am looking forward to hearing your work also :)

lau
26-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah man it really sounds nice!!

production sounds very good... Think the tune could do with something extra ... really liking the vibe of it tho..

:rambo:

Elvio Neto
26-09-2005, 03:43 PM
great stuff

welcome to this forum.

xfive
26-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Well this has some atmos of darker offbeat techno but the snare pushes it into breaks land but with no main hook, thus becoming quite repetitive.
You need some more elements and a hook besides the percussion.

A simple way to see what I mean is to just skip to various points in the track. They all pretty much sound the same.

Tom Eyre
28-09-2005, 10:23 PM
thanks again for the feedback guys, it is all much appreciated! I see your point about it sounding abit samey throughout XFive. i like making my stuff quite minimal but i guess its a fine line between minimal and just being repatative. this is something i will have to work on :)

xfive
28-09-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks again for the feedback guys, it is all much appreciated! I see your point about it sounding abit samey throughout XFive. i like making my stuff quite minimal but i guess its a fine line between minimal and just being repatative. this is something i will have to work on :)

Yeah minimal is definetly fine, but making some of the elements a bit more dynamic with automation, and special changes that occur in certain places help to break up something that's too repetitive ;)

robin m
28-09-2005, 11:27 PM
:dance:

Really enjoyed this! That dark synth sound works particularly well... really cleanly produced as well, excellent work.

I agree with xfive that it gets a bit repetetive in places though it goes with the sound you're going for, and that snare does seem a bit breaks-y - some variation in that would definitely finish it off nicely.

BRADLEE
29-09-2005, 12:05 AM
I'd say it reminds me more of new school breaks than techno personally. Not too bad overall, sound quality seems nice in my headphones. I think afew edits would really pull this together. Maybe a stab would also be cool as well. Just my opinion thoough....

B

278d7e64a374de26f==