PDA

View Full Version : Energy 24

DJ RE:HAB
11-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Just got back from glasto, they had a stage that played all varieties of electronic Dance, Managed to catch DJ Luke Mcmillan (Producer) Playing some banging techno, on the saturday, with Mc Ribbz at his side...

Any other Dj's ever played there or would like to next year? I think they need alot more variety!!

davethedrummer
11-07-2003, 02:13 PM
you know i actually know both the guys that run the dance stage at glastonbury and i got myself booked one year only to turn it down in favour of a gig in canada!!! der!
only for the gig in canada to be cancelled at the last minute and for me to be left with **** all.
that was 3 years ago and i'm still gonna punch the canadian promoter in the head if i ever see him again.
thing is with glastonbury is it's a very old gruop of mates who organise itand it's only recently been taken over corporately before then it was run solely by michael eavis and a group of buddies and these people do all the bookings which is why you get some such a colorful line up on the band stages but the dance music bits can be a bit frustrating as they tend to put lot's of different styles on one after the other and i personally don't like that much, i'd rather there was a seperate stage for each stlye
but then you'd need the space.

Jimfish
11-07-2003, 02:19 PM
some mates of mine have got a little jazz trio called 'barcode' and they played down on one of the smaller stages. they told me that on all the main stages the artists do not get paid by the festival.. in fact thier record/managment company pays to buy them a slot on the stage!
isnt it mad how things have changed..

The Divide
11-07-2003, 08:26 PM
Just got back from glasto, they had a stage that played all varieties of electronic Dance, Managed to catch DJ Luke Mcmillan (Producer) Playing some banging techno, on the saturday, with Mc Ribbz at his side

:shock: I bet that rocked, the producer plays some wicked records. Ribz is the only mc i like to mc for techno, he holds it down and lets you get into the music. Hes always smiling too! :evil: Wicked

Esox Lucius
11-07-2003, 10:52 PM
ribbz is one of only 2 mc`s i ever liked, him & squidgy b. (hardcore/techno wise)

not really into mc`s unless it`s to d&b, skibadee is the best mc by far.

The Divide
11-07-2003, 10:59 PM
I think they suited Hardcore techno well, esp mc easy. Some of his rapping where realy good for getting the croud going. Mc squidgy b was good too. Ribz n easy are my fav. Cant do with mcs that try to steal the show, going outs about music not mc's.

278d7e64a374de26f==