PDA

View Full Version : The Travelling Producer

Adverse
12-07-2003, 04:05 AM
Mac or pc? i'm going to be mobile over the next couple years. So i need a solution to fit that problem..

reviews? thoughts? battery life? Right now i'm hoping that the 1ghz g4 goes down to about 1300 quid by the turn of the year. I know herman and mark have the g4.

Also looking at pc for more power but my friend is telling me the processors (especially the desktop ones) are very quick to drain the batteries when you are on the fly. Pentium centrino's are just too expensive or just as expensive for the same lot of power. So i'm just wondering what the travelling producer uses?

Any advice? Anything to wait on?

Thanks.

Barely Human
12-07-2003, 11:32 AM
I could do with some advice on this aswell, but i dont want a mac. I just want raw power :D

DJZeMig_L
12-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Mac ... then again I have a laptop and I could vouch 4 it as it is lots easier 2 find support/ help/ parts almost anywhere in the world!!!

Then again If someone like Cisco (The Advent), who plays live while traveling everywhere sticks 2 MACs and will have no other then MACs I guess that should mean somethin...

well that was preatty unhelpfull... :( sorry m8!!

Z

Adverse
12-07-2003, 05:23 PM
haha that was probably your most unhelpful post on this forum :lol:

made me laugh lots though.

The Divide
12-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Toilet Rolls!! You need spare toilet rolls when on the road!!

DJZeMig_L
12-07-2003, 08:52 PM
eeheheh :P

Z

Dustin Zahn
12-07-2003, 10:48 PM
I suppose its a matter of personal preference and just sets up another mac vs pc flame war. My advice is try to get a chance to produce on both platforms and see what you like best. I have an average PC laptop and it does the job for me. Travelling wise, very important factors are battery time, weight, size, etc. (I suppose thats common sense).

I checked out the new MAC laptops at the Apple SoHo store in NYC and I must say I am pretty impressed! They're built like frickin' tanks and won't bust easily (I'm guessing), and Mac users claim they're ultra solid.

DJZeMig_L
14-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Absolutly m8... but MACs in the US r very cheap compared 2 europe... here a "similar" spec MAc agains a PC is about 60-80 % more :(

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==