PDA

View Full Version : (Shrewsbury) Osmosis 1st Bday / U-like soundsystem / Dubclub

Jack
27-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok u-like is doing something a bit different with support from Dubclub. Doing more chilled out that usual as techno in mainroom.

WE ARE 1

Come celebrate with us in the Cellars at the atmospheric Buttermarket, Howard St, Shrewsbury SY1

Main Room - OSMOSIS : All that is TECHNO
Residents:
DK Roon’ (Osmosis/Inukshuk)
JMF (Osmosis)
HijACKER (Osmosis)
M-AK (Osmosis)
Mack (Inukshuk/Osmosis)

LIGHTING BY BRAD, VISUALS BY SYZYGY, PASSION FOR TECHNO BY OSMOSIS

Back Room:
U-LIKE SOUNDSYSTEM DJs plus SPECIAL GUESTS
Here to give you something a little different
Tribal techno, tech house, breaks.

DUBCLUB
Rebel Evolution DJs playing a selection of roots reggae, electro dub, jungle and breaks.
CD GIVEAWAY - BIRTHDAY PRESENTS FOR ALL!

£4 b4 11 / £5 after

Info: 07716 018737 osmosis_nites@yahoo.com

Dress Code: Be yourself (if that’s not possible, come as someone else, you’ll always be welcome).
Respect your fellow partygoers - bad attitudes must be checked at the door. You’re welcome to have them back when you leave.

FREE BUS PICKING UP FROM BIRMINGHAM & WOLVERHAMPTON - LIMITED PLACES. PHONE 07716 018737 NOW!

Jack
29-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Bump

kai
29-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Whats the date on this?

Jack
29-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Whats the date on this?

Good point Friday 21st Oct.

kai
29-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Cool man - is Kitson playing for the Ulike Sound System?

Jack
30-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Cool man - is Kitson playing for the Ulike Sound System?

Not sure yet, will be different to usual as doing the backroom and techno in main room already so not to clash we are doing more chilled out stuff,
Breaks, tribal tech, funky tech, Dub etc

Not sure of full line up in our room yet will let you know, but would not be playing banging if he is.

kai
30-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Cool, may well come down for this if have the cash.

Will have to see nearer the time. Would be a good idea to too meet some people and hand some flyers out, as he (Kitson) is playing at Techno Prisoners/HardLife in Rhyl the following week and, although I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get flyers out round your way for me, I think it would be good to come down your way and meet people in person so to speak, and this looks like an event I might well enjoy, so would be killing two birds with one stone, which is always good imo!

Are you one of the guys that came up with him to The Mill in Bradford in April by any chance mate?

Jack
30-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Cool, may well come down for this if have the cash.

Will have to see nearer the time. Would be a good idea to too meet some people and hand some flyers out, as he (Kitson) is playing at Techno Prisoners/HardLife in Rhyl the following week and, although I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get flyers out round your way for me, I think it would be good to come down your way and meet people in person so to speak, and this looks like an event I might well enjoy, so would be killing two birds with one stone, which is always good imo!

Are you one of the guys that came up with him to The Mill in Bradford in April by any chance mate?

No not me, i think i was busy studying at the time if i remember correctly.
Think i will be for the Rhyl date 2, sorry but final year, living in Derby so long way.

Me along with a few other heads do the organisation of U-like soundsytem setting up and all the other tack, mainly me organising other tack to happen.

Yer would be good to meet and feel welcome to blitz the club with flyers!!

Nice 1

Jack

kai
01-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Cool man, will def try get down for it if I have the funds mate.

oldbugger
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
will try and remember to come to this one.. :doh:

Jack
06-10-2005, 11:05 PM
backroom line up will be announced after weekend

2 weeks and a day 2 go.

Jack
12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Backroom lineup (U-like soundsystem + Dubclub)

More chilled than usual from u-like as techno in main room.
Tech house, tribal tech, breaks, dub, reggae.

Jay Walker (U-like soundsystem) (Bristol)
Percy (U-like soundsystem) (Around)
Joe Giacomet (MPTF) (FATCOLLECTIVE)
Lee Reid (Shuddervision)
Dubclub Dj's (Rebel evolution sounds)

Next u-like event: full on banging u-like antics 6th jan more info coming soon.

kai
12-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Good to see Joe Giacomet getting a set - he and Johny Smart were well good at our August event>

fresh_an_funky_design
12-10-2005, 02:45 PM
yeah im looking forward to playing at this, seen the pictures from there last night and it looked really good, quality venue!

Jack
17-10-2005, 10:49 PM
This friday ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 11:29 PM
good good

nihilist
20-10-2005, 05:12 PM
cant make it up to shrewsbury again due to other comitments, i feel like im letting my good friends from OSMOSIS down, have a bostin party everyone!!!

oldbugger
22-10-2005, 01:00 PM
missed this (again)

just looked coz i thought it was tonight.

fresh_an_funky_design
22-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Quality night, really enjoyed it. Wicked venue as well.

Jack
24-10-2005, 12:24 AM
http://gallery86426.fotopic.net/c735171.html

Pics from night.

Was bang on.

fresh_an_funky_design
24-10-2005, 11:39 AM
good pics! funny 1 of u in there jack!

Jack
27-10-2005, 01:12 AM
missed this (again)

just looked coz i thought it was tonight.

Not to worry u-like is in the mainroom for the next so will be the 1 to go 2.
6th jan with Dave The Drummer more details in a bit.

Yer Joe i always end up with funny pictures of myself, best was camera i found at the jam years ago classic pictures even electricuted myself with the flash!! well funny.

278d7e64a374de26f==