PDA

View Full Version : Breaks and Techno??

meri
12-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Anyone else into this combination? Sometimes I like to 'break' the monotony of four-four techno with some nu-school shit...
Koma & Bones,
Rennie Pilgrim,
Hybrid,
Plump DJ's,
Distinctive Breaks,
Acetate Recordings...

Also, over the last few years there's been loads of breakbeat remixes of classics...
"LFO Bootilator",
"Positive education"
"Valley Of The Shadows", to name just three.
Fresh and credible trips down memory lane :D ...
or just money-making rip-offs :x ??

Your thoughts?

Esox Lucius
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
I`m into dark industrial breakbeat, stuff like scorn.

miromiric.
12-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I`m into dark industrial breakbeat, stuff like scorn.

mmm that man is one of my favorurite artists overall. and his stuff sounds good in techno sets mxed with noize for breakdowns.

as for breakbeat techno check waiting for me by mr.tony.

Adverse
12-07-2003, 04:46 PM
scorn is dope.

i'd like to i liked quite a bit of stuff on acetate and there's some pretty rocking koma and bones stuff.

miasma man
12-07-2003, 05:32 PM
hmm, i quite like breakbeat, i don't really know enough about it tho. I'm trying not to buy mainly techno records and have started to buy other stuff, i got a rennie & pilgrim double pack and some adam f and a few others i can't remember. Some of it's quite dark & dirty, i defo need to buy some more.

I'll have to check out some of the artists you guys have listed....cool....

djfase
12-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah i love breakbeat. Makes a change from the norm. I sometimes use as an intro or drop in the middle of a set. Sounds wicked when loud

DJ Corbzy
13-07-2003, 01:21 PM
scorn is dope.

You are so Canadian!! :lol:

Tony
18-07-2003, 11:42 PM
hmmm, never knew dope was indigenous canadian....... :wink:

techno + electro = :lol:

breakz + house = :lol: but thats not for me.

techno + breaks = tony go crazy :evil: anger!!! rising!!

they arent really from the same headspace. yeah the sounds in breaks are phat, but techno and electro and the more tweaked out edges of electronica are from that same wired place, totally synthetic, an ideal, an idium. breaks is party music that gets a bit rude boy. none of what i've said is a dis, its just an aknowledgement of difference and knowing where my head is at.

Xtraction
25-07-2003, 05:26 AM
That PlumpDJs-Dirty South remix by Meat Katie lies nicely underneath anything that needs something else!!!!!!!Awesome!!!!
Tr3v0r

anx
25-07-2003, 07:14 PM
4x4x13 - henry and julian - deep

crazy ****ing breaks! people go nuts! make more stuff like this henry!

278d7e64a374de26f==