PDA

View Full Version : Sampling stuff

RDR
29-09-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.legalreader.com/archives/002028.html

TechMouse
29-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Yet more legislation that will get messy.

Massive arguments over the source of a sample.

If you use an Amen break, where have you taken it from?

I bet if you take two similar samples and run them through the same FX they will become indistinguishable... etc.

fatcollective
29-09-2005, 01:13 PM
white label, no info, bootlegs ;)

RDR
29-09-2005, 01:51 PM

Yes, rock on!

That will help. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fatcollective
29-09-2005, 02:29 PM
does the trick :cool:

holotropik
30-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Thats the beauty of it....I aint big enough or popular enough to have that problem and am so under the radar that it isnt an issue.

holotropik
30-09-2005, 11:48 AM
BTW, I dont blatantly copy shit or rip shit off, just the odd snippit here and there if i can use it.

Bootlegs I sometimes do for my Live set for fun and to do some headz in - you know ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
30-09-2005, 02:57 PM

you knows it ...urggh cough couch jacko rmx cough... what i didnt say anything ;) :shock:

fatcollective
30-09-2005, 03:04 PM

you knows it ...urggh cough couch jacko rmx cough... what i didnt say anything ;) :shock:

:roll:

gumpy green
30-09-2005, 03:15 PM
if you did sample and got caught but u were broke could they get any royalties from u???

RDR
30-09-2005, 06:37 PM
if you did sample and got caught but u were broke could they get any royalties from u???

Yes. its called going through the courts.

AcidTrash
30-09-2005, 07:42 PM
If geezer didn't get f*cked over for Raw 9 then I think we can all assume it's ok to be a little bit cheeky. Our music isn't exactly what you'd call public domain anyway.

ibbjamin
03-10-2005, 06:42 AM
If geezer didn't get f*cked over for Raw 9 then I think we can all assume it's ok to be a little bit cheeky. Our music isn't exactly what you'd call public domain anyway.

Agreed. I can't see some white collar politician listening to techno trying to distinguish between original sounds and samples. This law will only affect those who are called out by those they are sampling from. I don't see this becoming an issue in the techno scene, but it is interesting they are legislating on such an issue. I wonder what promted this inaction and who they are targeting.

TechMouse
03-10-2005, 11:23 AM
It's definitely a problem when you're charting.

Look at what happened with Layo & Bushwacka over Love Story...

crime
03-10-2005, 12:26 PM

They can't take what you havn't got, and as I've said before, test case: Si begg vs the beach boys, if you sell under 5000 units they generally don't give a shit....

JamieBall
03-10-2005, 01:14 PM
[quote=gumpy green]Si begg vs the beach boys

Now THAT I'd pay to see ;)

I mean, Si seems far too nice a guy to have been particularly well schooled in the art of streetbound genocide, but you never know... It's often the quiet ones. I know he snowboards etc - so is it ridiculous to presume that he also spends some of his time catapaulting, via the medium of punches and kicks, wave after wave of armed oritental assasins through various conspicuously placed windows ?

Also, on the 'VS' note, did any of you see that guy off the beach boys performing at Glastonbury ???

I reckon if Si did 'go for him' physically he wouldn't stand a chance. Si could attack with either a flying kick from the side or a karate chop* to the back of the neck in order to get around the keyboard (read as "comfort blanket") that the guy has to have in front of him at all times in order to remember he's on earth...

Once the intial blow has been landed his prone body could be kept in the air if Si were to lay on his back and perform a series of 'bicycle' kicks on it - kind of like when seals keep balls in the air (though this is, fortunately, where this analogy must end).

Yeah, Si would TOTALLY win that. And then ...... um ......

Oh, shÃ*t, hang on a minute... sorry Mark... You meant in a LEGAL sense, right ?

Och well, If there's a stick you can be SURE I'll find the wrong end... :lol:

On an unrelated note (sorry to derail topic) Got your parts for that remix earlier, will get onto it tonight once I've cleared the 222 bpm death wave out of my desk/ears. >THROTTLE BACK, MR BALL<

*How come every time I go to the butchers there are NEVER any 'Karate chops' for sale ?? Answer me THAT. And believe me, I've been to LOADS of butchers. LOADS.

Tremor
04-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Gotta head east for those..^^ lol

Did Si really get sued over Noodles 1? I remember when the Rolling Stones shut down "Bitersweet Symphony" but the Verve.. Paid them 1000 pounds for their work and kept the rights to everything else.. but of course that was pretty mainstream and get tons of radio play.. prolly sold a gang of albums too.. Mick Jagger doesn't mess around..

278d7e64a374de26f==