PDA

View Full Version : what wikepedia says about techno

FILTERZ
29-09-2005, 04:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno_music

interesting bits in there

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 05:11 PM
i'm very happy to see the electrifying mojo gets his own entry!

schlager
29-09-2005, 06:02 PM
don't you find all that detroit-revering stuff a little bit boring? I know quite a few people that would be prepared to travel the proverbial 1000 miles and they would probably walk 500 more only to hear derrick may play some cheesy house records - just to tick derrick off in their little black notebooks, "only juan and kevin to go". Don't get me wrong, I like may's production, I love it actually, but there's so much good new stuff around - how come it does not get mentioned in this encyclopaedia entries?

schlager
don't you find all that detroit-revering stuff a little bit boring? I know quite a few people that would be prepared to travel the proverbial 1000 miles and they would probably walk 500 more only to hear derrick may play some cheesy house records - just to tick derrick off in their little black notebooks, "only juan and kevin to go". Don't get me wrong, I like may's production, I love it actually, but there's so much good new stuff around - how come it does not get mentioned in this encyclopaedia entries?

schlager

schlager

schlager

schlager
29-09-2005, 06:04 PM
ooops, ive f+++ up :oops: sorry

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 06:55 PM
this is really an entry on detroit techno, to be fair, not techno as a whole, and written by someone who just wanted to summarize "techno rebels." i just like the fact that mojo got his own entry. pretty good for a radio dj, eh?

...as to your other point, i used to live in the detroit area, so i both revere the classics and get annoyed at the detroit-or-nothing attitude of a lot of people...but you don't get TOO much of that on BOA...

g
29-09-2005, 08:05 PM
this is really an entry on detroit techno, to be fair, not techno as a whole, and written by someone who just wanted to summarize "techno rebels." i just like the fact that mojo got his own entry. pretty good for a radio dj, eh?

...as to your other point, i used to live in the detroit area, so i both revere the classics and get annoyed at the detroit-or-nothing attitude of a lot of people...but you don't get TOO much of that on BOA...
yeah.

;

mojo's reach and influence may only have been matched by that of the late Mr. Peel.

and i'm from the D too, blah blah blah. all that is a part of my DNA but my tastes also go far beyond it. part of the reason i love BOA actually.

that shiz about derrick djing badly is funny.

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 09:06 PM
i saw him about 6 months ago in seattle and it was pretty obvious that he was disinterested. still not BAD, but not like he can do when he's into it...

g
29-09-2005, 10:07 PM
he's never interested in the US it seems. emperor's clothes.

however i think his spirit has been beaten to a pulp since Movement. the interview on the ILT site is sad.

MARKEG
29-09-2005, 10:50 PM

boring??? not at all.. detroit techno is a big part of this forum. i have massive respect for these guys as do most of our members. were it not for them i certainly wouldn't be here neither would all of you. sure there's great new stuff around.. that's your own opinion about detorit - respect - but boring? no way on this planet :lol:

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 11:18 PM
he's never interested in the US it seems. emperor's clothes.

however i think his spirit has been beaten to a pulp since Movement. the interview on the ILT site is sad.

this was pre-movement, but maybe it's been a slow process...he seemed bored and just going through the motions...

...link to ilt?

g
29-09-2005, 11:26 PM
ilovetechno.be

notice the props clarke gives bone...

SlavikSvensk
29-09-2005, 11:50 PM
ah ok...don't know why i didn't figure that out myself...duh... :oops:

schlager
06-10-2005, 10:51 AM
don't you find all that detroit-revering stuff a little bit boring?

------------------------

Don't get me wrong, I like may's production, I love it actually, but there's so much good new stuff around - how come it does not get mentioned in this encyclopaedia entries?

boring??? not at all.. detroit techno is a big part of this forum. i have massive respect for these guys as do most of our members. were it not for them i certainly wouldn't be here neither would all of you. sure there's great new stuff around.. that's your own opinion about detorit - respect - but boring? no way on this planet :lol:

you should read more carefully, mark ... I suggest you re-read the excerpts from your quote, maybe then you will realize you were just demolishing another strawman. I was talking about the encyclopaedia entry, not about detroit techno in general. On the other hand, I know now where this detroit-revering stuff is coming from - are you sure you did not write the wiki article :lol:

I just wanted to point out that there is a lot happening in techno that does not get mentioned in such articles - all you get is the hagiography everybody is more than familiar with. not my idea of an encylopaedia article, that's all ...

crime
06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
well, add to it then, that's the point of wikipedia.....

serox
06-10-2005, 12:08 PM
ilovetechno.be

notice the props clarke gives bone...
where? couldnt see it...still there ?

g
06-10-2005, 05:50 PM
http://www.ilovetechno.be/main.htm -> I Love Techno TV -> Dave Clarke

FILTERZ
07-10-2005, 10:38 AM
well, add to it then, that's the point of wikipedia.....

yep come on share your knowledge with the world

schlager
07-10-2005, 12:21 PM
once upon a time, I met a poet who gave me some of his poems to read. I read them allright, didn't like them much though, so I told him that they suck. He was very angry with me: "What the f..., how dare you!? Have you ever written anything that even resembled a poem? A better poem than mine? No? Then shut the f... up!" I hope you get the point :roll:

278d7e64a374de26f==