PDA

View Full Version : Weird txt problem with dreamweaver Im having....

The Divide
30-09-2005, 03:29 AM
Would love to know why this happens...

When Im in dreamweaver if i make text a link even tho I select red it turns out black (untill I put my mouse over it). Really blagging my head this, no idea why...

example...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/main.htm

Any ideas

Barely Human
30-09-2005, 08:18 AM
You need to set your java script up propperly.

In the code, where it says -

a:hover{color:red}

Add this underneath -

a:link{color:red}

Barely Human
30-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Btw, you should really be using css for this. It would make things a lot easier ;)

The Divide
01-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Im going to look now thanks

The Divide
01-10-2005, 04:20 AM
I gave that a shot, have used a css file and linked all the pages to it

Been cleaning up the code buts still ****ed up

Still having the same problems, now its blue instead of black :lol:

schlongfingers
02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
use this as a stylesheet

a {color: #CC3300};

if that doesn't work, try this:

a:link,a:visited,a:hover,a:activ {color: #CC3300};

schlongfingers
02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
that bottom one should be (****in edit button!!!):

a:link,a:visited,a:hover,a:active {color: #CC3300};
[/quote]

stjohn
03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
so i keep hearing aboutt CSS........... plus i make webpages for a few bob here and there, but i'm too lazy to start CSS, even tho i know it will save me time in the long run!

any nice tutorials around?

TechMouse
03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
so i keep hearing aboutt CSS........... plus i make webpages for a few bob here and there, but i'm too lazy to start CSS, even tho i know it will save me time in the long run!

http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/authoring/stylesheets/

stjohn
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
muchas gracias

MangaFish
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM

Its quicker in the short run as well. :lol:

TechMouse
04-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Its quicker in the short run as well. :lol:

Not to mention should you ever want to change the styling of an entire site, you only have to do it in one place.

This is why XML / XSLT is the future.

MangaFish
04-10-2005, 07:34 PM
to be honnest i cant be bothered to learn XML. i can do everything i could possibly need with a combination of server side scripting, DHTML and CSS.

Thats not to say that XML doesnt have its places, just that i havent had the time or patience to learn it yet.

BTW, what ever happened to VRML? I was starting to get the hang of it by version 2 but then it just dissapeard. Was pretty cool stuff too

schlongfingers
05-10-2005, 10:30 AM
to be honnest i cant be bothered to learn XML. i can do everything i could possibly need with a combination of server side scripting, DHTML and CSS.

Thats not to say that XML doesnt have its places, just that i havent had the time or patience to learn it yet.

BTW, what ever happened to VRML? I was starting to get the hang of it by version 2 but then it just dissapeard. Was pretty cool stuff too

XML is so ****ing easy, an 8 year old could learn it.

XSL is more complicated, but entirely logical.

Well worth adding these to your skillset imho.

TechMouse
05-10-2005, 10:55 AM

Still around... just no-one ever really did anything useful with it.

AJAX is the future.

Application Servers, interacting asynchronously with dyanmically generated web pages (XML/XSLT) using XML as a transport, and JavaScript to tie it all together.

AJAX Word Processor: http://www.writely.com/

MangaFish
11-10-2005, 09:41 PM

But it look cool :lol:

schlongfingers
12-10-2005, 10:16 PM

AJAX is the future.

Application Servers, interacting asynchronously with dyanmically generated web pages (XML/XSLT) using XML as a transport, and JavaScript to tie it all together.

AJAX Word Processor: http://www.writely.com/

mmmm AJAX is bling :D

278d7e64a374de26f==