PDA

View Full Version : fruity loops stutter

dan the acid man
30-09-2005, 03:29 PM
having a problem with fl studio5, everythings fine when im first working on a track, its when i reopen one, it will get about 7 seconds in and stutter for about 1/2 a bar then its fine.

it will do this everytime i stop a track, and then start it playing again :doh:

ive tried altering all my asio settings etc and cant get to the bottom of it.

RDR
30-09-2005, 06:38 PM
i had this problem in 4 as well. i think its a buffer problem and as far as i could see there isnt really a cure for it... others may have one tho, lets hope!

dan the acid man
30-09-2005, 07:06 PM
yeah, tried altering buffer sizes thinking this maybe the problem, but what ever i set it to, the problems still there.

:rambo:

Barely Human
30-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Its actually a bug in FL5, Hopefully they will have this sorted in the next release? What version are you using? Im using 5.0 and i have the problem. I dont know if 5.1 does this tho...

dan the acid man
30-09-2005, 07:24 PM
yep, version 5, oh well, at least its not just me then :cool:

AcidTrash
16-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Mine went when I upgraded my memory.

k_n_ka
22-10-2005, 02:10 AM
It was happening exactly the same with me... After wasting 2 many hours thinking about what could be wrong i found the prob.

Its actually a bug in FL5
and this bugs refers 2 the plugins. i was using ARPV2600 and every time i stop the song this vst crash my entire cpu... after a simple remove of this vst fl back 2 normal

The Overfiend
22-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Dats why I'm still on 4
i get comfy in my environments.

JamieBall
23-10-2005, 08:25 PM
It was happening exactly the same with me... After wasting 2 many hours thinking about what could be wrong i found the prob.

Its actually a bug in FL5
and this bugs refers 2 the plugins. i was using ARPV2600 and every time i stop the song this vst crash my entire cpu... after a simple remove of this vst fl back 2 normal

Was gonna say, it's usually the 'tailoff' from the VST's as the algorithm folds in on itself and gets super complex (thus sending the CPU thing sky high). Fruity doesn't shake hands too well with quite a lot of plugins, some will behave in this way others won't I guess...

dan the acid man
24-10-2005, 12:54 AM
cheers peeps, im thinking it probably is a plugin, as i started getting it with fl3 just before i stopped using it, will have to find out which plugins it doesnt like.

and i really should consider using cubase instead :lol: :oops:

k_n_ka
24-10-2005, 01:15 AM
and i really should consider using cubase instead

Lol, it´s like i do...

Usually i make only my drum patterns in fl and all other stuff in cubase sx.

dan the acid man
23-12-2005, 05:11 PM
soory to bring an oldish post back up.
i'd thought i'd cracked this, uninstalled a few vst plugins and it worked brilliantly, but its back again, every time i have a few patterns start playing say at the start of a track or after a breakdown it stutters.

now i cant get rid of any more vst's as i love them too much, so i suppose its time to move onto something else

findthesolution
23-12-2005, 08:58 PM
i wish they would make a Mac version of FL studio.

=(

TechnoNRGKid
25-12-2005, 06:47 PM
soory to bring an oldish post back up.
i'd thought i'd cracked this, uninstalled a few vst plugins and it worked brilliantly, but its back again, every time i have a few patterns start playing say at the start of a track or after a breakdown it stutters.

now i cant get rid of any more vst's as i love them too much, so i suppose its time to move onto something else

FL Studio 6 is out.
check out http://www.proaudiotorrents.org bittorrent.

TechnoNRGKid
25-12-2005, 06:50 PM
and i really should consider using cubase instead

Lol, it´s like i do...

Usually i make only my drum patterns in fl and all other stuff in cubase sx.

That's what i'm startin to do. The Rewired way. See how that works.

Col
29-12-2005, 01:58 PM
fl studio is great for cracking drum patterns together. as a sequencer it just doesnt stand up.

Barely Human
29-12-2005, 03:40 PM
fl studio is great for cracking drum patterns together. as a sequencer it just doesnt stand up.

Purely opinion. I myself, and a lot of people get great results from it. As a complete software studio solution, there is not a lot that surpasses it.

278d7e64a374de26f==