PDA

View Full Version : buying loops and beats?

koma
30-09-2005, 06:47 PM
recently I read that Nas payed 2 million dollars for a beat by Neptunes..
wondering how he's so certain its going to pay off, but whatever, thats his problem :lol:

do you see it ever happen in techno, for people to buy other people's loops, beats, synths..? maybe not for THAT much money, but still...

AcidTrash
30-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Lunacy!!!

mattboyslim
30-09-2005, 07:43 PM
that is over the top but it proves that hip hop is about the beats foremost and always has been, especially back in the days when the MC was just someone to big up the crowd or tell the bloke with the blue van to move it out the way :lol:

audioinjection
30-09-2005, 07:56 PM
damn, im in the wrong business :doh:

The Overfiend
30-09-2005, 08:21 PM
that is over the top but it proves that hip hop is about the beats foremost and always has been, especially back in the days when the MC was just someone to big up the crowd or tell the bloke with the blue van to move it out the way :lol:

So not true.
To an extent yes.
But the Mc Was to Move the crowd.
And the reason they charged him 2 mill
is because he is engaged to kelis who is pharrells ex asspiece.
a lil poetic justice.

crime
30-09-2005, 10:24 PM
also, surely the neptunes production is pretty legendary... hip hop is a completely different thing though, selling beats is quite common, check out wyndell long's website, he's selling hip hop beats there..... 2 mill is a lot of money though....

mattboyslim
01-10-2005, 11:21 AM

So not true.
To an extent yes.
a lil poetic justice.in the early days the dj and the beats made hip hop what it is. not the MC. why do you think all the DJs were so pissed off when rappers delight came out?

new
01-10-2005, 10:31 PM
yea, dude. Im fairly certain that the amout that NAS will make off that beat will eclips that $2 million.

I think there's just a whole lot of money in hip hop in general right now, and the neptunes are totally smart not to sell their beats cheap.

RDR
01-10-2005, 10:34 PM

yo yo yo! callin out to da brova in da van.. moove it raaass clart!

Komplex
02-10-2005, 04:59 AM
recently I read that Nas payed 2 million dollars for a beat by Neptunes..
wondering how he's so certain its going to pay off, but whatever, thats his problem :lol:

do you see it ever happen in techno, for people to buy other people's loops, beats, synths..? maybe not for THAT much money, but still...

What a fuking idiot. I doubt thats true. Source?

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 05:43 AM

So not true.
To an extent yes.
a lil poetic justice.in the early days the dj and the beats made hip hop what it is. not the MC. why do you think all the DJs were so pissed off when rappers delight came out?

Bro
I was there and I more than lived it
to the point I was the only 4 yr old b-boy with the Nyc Breakers.
Zulu Nation for years.

RDR
02-10-2005, 08:51 AM

So not true.
To an extent yes.

Bro
I was there and I more than lived it
to the point I was the only 4 yr old b-boy with the Nyc Breakers.
Zulu Nation for years.

4yr old b-boy :shock:

:clap: the more things change the more they stay the same antonio, bet you'd have trouble popping the same moves now as you could back then eh.. might involve a trip to the chiropractor.. :lol:

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Nah I'm still fresh. :lol:
But it's true
I will agree now beat = big hit.
Personally I miss good mc's
Mf Doom Till the death!

RDR
02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Nah I'm still fresh. :lol:
But it's true
I will agree now beat = big hit.
Personally I miss good mc's
Mf Doom Till the death!

The point about this ant is that NYC mc's are quite different to the U.K ones, we get a more kind of 'toasting' style more common to jamaica than to the US. Look at u.k speed garage, bass etc...

Still fresh? as supple as a four year old? you aint foolin anyone chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Supple - er
lol
is that a word or my drunk ass?

RDR
02-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Definitions of supple on the Web:

lissome: gracefully slender; moving and bending with ease
limber: (used of e.g. personality traits) readily adaptable; "a supple mind"; "a limber imagination"
limber: (used of persons' bodies) capable of moving or bending freely
make pliant and flexible; "These boots are not yet suppled by frequent use

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 09:55 AM
i know what supple is i aint stupid just drunk
i didnt know if i can use suppler in plural gimp!

koma
02-10-2005, 10:32 AM
What a fuking idiot. I doubt thats true. Source?

i believe I've read it at allhiphop.com

bunch of sites posted it too
http://www.netweed.com/lyricalswords/2005_08_21_lyricalswords_archive.html
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/2005_07_01_archivenews.htm#112080215097270832

to be honest, doesnt really suprise me if diddy was in competition too..

dont forget dre costs up to 500,000 for some artists..
and for that truth hurts - addictive track he was allegedly sued for 500 millions, cause he didnt clear the sample of that indian singer or something like that..
lots of money in hiphop indeed :lol:

FIK
02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Right now hiphop is the biggest music-genre on the planet. Guys like Eminem or 50cent sell 5 million records so they have a budget big enough to get some fancy producer do some tracks. Now you can't deny that producers like Dre, Neptunes, Timbaland make good tracks, but still, the amount of money they make is really ridiculous.
Imagine this happening the the techno-scene :lol:

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Dr. Dre = Scott Storch, Sam Sneed

RDR
02-10-2005, 11:40 PM
i know what supple is i aint stupid just drunk
i didnt know if i can use suppler in plural gimp!

no you cant, cos i said so...

besides its a condition of popping the question ant..

some things you mate no longer do...

1. Think about another woman in a sexual way
2. Think about another woman in a sexual way(included twice..)
3. Mastabate (sp?)
4. use the word suppler
5. Use the word q. o .u t. h. (see, i can use that word either)

278d7e64a374de26f==