PDA

View Full Version : holy shit i take it all back!!!!

rowland the bastard
30-09-2005, 10:09 PM
ok if anyone checked out the link for me requesting support for the dj mag top dj thing, IM ****ING WRONG!!!!!! im sorry for even thinking it. this got emailed to me tonight and its has been varified by the senders a flown through my spam filter so someone is on the case.

id just like to take the opotunity to say everyone who dissed it and said it was a media fix... your all write.

enjoy!

Hi, my name is Tiga..... I need to get into the TOP 20 best DJs on the
planet otherwise I will go crazy. Please support me.....if you DO vote for
me, I will pay you each 50$, maybe.....

Love from montreal

Tiga

LINK: http://www.djmag.com/top100-entry-form.php

here is his email if you would like to put him straight:
webmaster@explornet.ca

crime
30-09-2005, 10:33 PM
That's just laughable, I mean to be honest, who really cares about the DJ mag top 100? Just reminds me of how media orientated the UK is, I had a circular e-mail this week from someone urging me to "vote for techno artists" as they felt that without proper representation techno was going to become more and more unpopular whilst trance and pop shite was going to get more and more popular.. why play their (the media and mainstream's) game when you can play your own?

Mirsha
30-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Bah. Reminds me of my attempt to subver the Last.Fm (was Audioscrobbler) techno charts.

oldbugger
30-09-2005, 11:22 PM
I had a circular e-mail this week from someone urging me to "vote for techno artists"

haha i had one of them from richie hawtin..

needles to say i voted for him anyway :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
01-10-2005, 10:30 AM
are people still going on about this? Tiga is a MASSIVE artist now he'd be in there anyway, and ive had emails off much more "underground" so to speak artists

It's a load of bollocks dont really think we need yet another thread on it?

ive had at least 30 of these emails from various people asking, no sorry "reminding" me to vote for them, and they are friggin annoying!

oldbugger
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
are people still going on about this? Tiga is a MASSIVE artist now he'd be in there anyway, and ive had emails off much more "underground" so to speak artists

ive had at least 30 of these emails from various people asking, no sorry "reminding" me to vote for them, and they are friggin annoying!

misserable cunt.. :lol:
how did last night go?

conflict
01-10-2005, 10:36 AM
That's just laughable, I mean to be honest, who really cares about the DJ mag top 100? Just reminds me of how media orientated the UK is, I had a circular e-mail this week from someone urging me to "vote for techno artists" as they felt that without proper representation techno was going to become more and more unpopular whilst trance and pop shite was going to get more and more popular.. why play their (the media and mainstream's) game when you can play your own?

absolutly

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 10:47 AM

i think igot the same one mate, thats what started the other thread about this

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM

sorry, but ive never heard of him, and i was just astonished by being offered $50 if you dont want to read this thread dont comment on it and just dont read it but i thought it was interesting as a follow up thread cause i thought the last thread about this got a good response

dan the acid man
01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
cant say ive heard of tiga either, and to say he /she maybe pay $50 for a vote is laughable :lol:

fatcollective
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
[quote=eyeswithoutaface]are people still going on about this? Tiga is a MASSIVE artist now he'd be in there anyway, and ive had emails off much more "underground" so to speak artists

it ok rowland, eyes has a habit doing this..... :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
i dont have any habits! especially bad ones

if anyone actually took the comment about payment seriously then more fool them really!

make your mind up, first you were telling us all to jump on and vote, now your telling us all its bullshit, something which we knew anyway ;)

eyeswithoutaface
01-10-2005, 12:04 PM
oldbugger - last night was alright actually, good party atmosphere and good to see a few people off here in attendance

oldbugger
01-10-2005, 12:10 PM
if anyone want to pay me to vote for them feel free to make offers :lol:

DJ Becka
01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
cant say ive heard of tiga either, and to say he /she maybe pay $50 for a vote is laughable :lol:

I'm pretty sure Tiga is all about that electroclash glamour bs.....I saw him once though-a very looooooong time ago before he changed his 'image', and he played garbage. The fact that he's offering to pay people is laughable.....

Oh, and he's done quite a bit of production work, but most of it is more on the commercial side of stuff. He did this one track with Junior Jack using vocals from Robert Smith that's kinda cool-only because of the vocals (if you are a Cure fan). He did another track with Adam Beyer & Lenk- "Heartbreak"-i think just the vocals though. That aside, anyone who remixes a track by Nelly definitely DOES NOT deserve to be on any dj list for electronic music ;)

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/msiart/large/0000276/0000276448.jpg

There's a metaphor hidden in the picture of Tiga on the cover of this mix. As always, the Canadian DJ looks like a doll: made-up and over-styled, otherworldly, and proud as ever of his unnaturally slim hips. But-- as always-- he also looks like he doesn't belong there; like the worst yearbook portraits, the person in the picture seems slightly out-of-place, stiff and uncomfortable in someone else's clothes. Just imagine his hand under his chin in a "thoughtful" pose, knowing there's a devastating pimple smeared over with foundation.

The boudoir pictured here belongs the Tiga of champagne-or-cocaine European electro, the Tiga who wrapped up a trend's worth of International Deejay Gigolos singles with his American Gigolo mix and gave them a public face with his half-assed smash-hit cover of "Sunglasses at Night." But trends-- especially the type you can dance to-- are built to mutate, and the sound of those Miss Kittin and Vitalic singles is already a bit, as they say, last year.
:lol:

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 01:42 PM

if anyone actually took the comment about payment seriously then more fool them really!

make your mind up, first you were telling us all to jump on and vote, now your telling us all its bullshit, something which we knew anyway ;)

far point apart from im not telling anyone to do anything

The Divide
01-10-2005, 02:54 PM

Id class your shoplifting as a habit mang

DJ Becka
01-10-2005, 03:07 PM

Hey Rowland....I'll vote for ya.......

As long as you pay me one Meeeeeeeellllliiiiooooonnnn Dollarrrrrsssss...yaaaahaahaaaaaaa :lol:

(I'm kidding, of course...hehe)

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 04:35 PM

Hey Rowland....I'll vote for ya.......

As long as you pay me one Meeeeeeeellllliiiiooooonnnn Dollarrrrrsssss...yaaaahaahaaaaaaa :lol:

(I'm kidding, of course...hehe)

its the thought that counts becka :lol:

audioinjection
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
shit, give me that email, i'll take the $50!

:lol:

gumpy green
01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
me to how do i contact tiga.

im gonna vote for him as many times as poss

The Divide
01-10-2005, 09:09 PM

I would rather vote for you :lol:

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
his email is at the begining of the thread

rowland the bastard
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
his email is at the begining of the thread

conflict
02-10-2005, 05:50 AM
what a load of bollox

**** tiga and **** dj mag

RDR
02-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Ur, that'd make you very gay.

robin m
02-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Ur, that'd make you very gay.

He is a pretty boy to be fair :lol:

new
02-10-2005, 10:49 AM
tiga's real talents lay in his remixing abilities. If you look carefully on the sleve of any record he's put out, there's always someone else's name on it once or twice, and he also has a lot of help from the unsung hero of montreal, mateo murphy, who is both an awesome dj, producer and a humble good guy.

take the tiga record "pleasure from the bass". after reading the fine print, you realize that it's co-produced by jasper dahlbak and that the 303 is preformed by sailorboy. so how much did tiga really do?

all that aside, guy's a decent dj. plays good music thats for sure.

DJ Becka
02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
tiga's real talents lay in his remixing abilities. If you look carefully on the sleve of any record he's put out, there's always someone else's name on it once or twice, and he also has a lot of help from the unsung hero of montreal, mateo murphy, who is both an awesome dj, producer and a humble good guy.

take the tiga record "pleasure from the bass". after reading the fine print, you realize that it's co-produced by jasper dahlbak and that the 303 is preformed by sailorboy. so how much did tiga really do?

That's all fine and good, but paying people to vote for you because you'll 'go crazy if you dont make it into the top 20'? Comm'on.....that's just silly-whether you are kidding or not. Somehow I think he's not though.....look at who his booking agency is - same one who manages Tiesto -and everyone knows that Tiesto has a whole pr/marketing team that goes out and begs people to vote for him on that list. Pretty boy Tiga will probably cry if he's not in the top 20 :lol:

koma
02-10-2005, 01:06 PM
np: tiga- you gonna want me

new single. maybe it should be "you gonna vote me"? :lol:

gumpy green
02-10-2005, 02:54 PM

I would rather vote for you :lol:im only paying 17p per vote mind ;)

Ritzi Lee
02-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Sorry but who the f u c k is Tiga???

schlongfingers
02-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I think people take things to literally :D

I'll pay you $50, maybe

new
02-10-2005, 06:23 PM

That's all fine and good, but paying people to vote for you because you'll 'go crazy if you dont make it into the top 20'? Comm'on.....that's just silly-whether you are kidding or not. Somehow I think he's not though.....look at who his booking agency is - same one who manages Tiesto -and everyone knows that Tiesto has a whole pr/marketing team that goes out and begs people to vote for him on that list. Pretty boy Tiga will probably cry if he's not in the top 20 :lol:

Im pretty sure he's just kidding, Becka. Although I must say he's not the only one askin for votes for this popularity contest. Have you seen Richie Hawtin's website recently?

For the past few years DJ Magazine has been running it's 'top 100' DJ poll. Many of you might think this poll is a waste of time (Im not so sure about it either) but there here lies chance. The poll has been increacingly dominated by DJ's playing all genres of dance music yet somehow the Techno/Minimal scene is hardly represented and therefore barley recognized for its worldwide popularity. Perhaps now is the time we should cast a vote for the DJs we love and respect to help create a Top 100 list that not only represents a more diverse DJ reflection, but also truley shows that the world scene is not only intrested in dancing to trance music.

Whether you vote for someone like me, Ricardo, Sven, Magda, Laurent or any of the other DJ's out there, vote now and show your support for the music we believe in. Cast a vote and be heard!

rh

yea, I must say, Hawtin is much more tackful. Anyways, point being that a lot of big gigs come from being in the top twenty. I mean think about it - you send a promoter a promo package that says you're one of the top twenty djs in the world, and enough people voted for you to say so that promoter is going to be pretty sure you can draw out enough heads to pay for your costs.

rowland the bastard
02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
thats the whole point innit? i mean chris lib (and well deserved in my opinion) he was doing well but his career seriously went off after he was in that, and henry good on em defo true voted there, i reckon truelove's pr drive had something to do with it no doubt but they did...do deserve it

new
02-10-2005, 07:01 PM
yea, dude. totally. I would love to be in the top 20 too. I know I haven't done anything to deserve it though. hehe. Maybe that's the only diff. between Tiga and me.

davethedrummer
02-10-2005, 09:59 PM
tiga = plank of wood

The Overfiend
02-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Tiga = Richard Simmons

dan the acid man
02-10-2005, 10:48 PM
tiga= winnie the pooh,............................. ok, i'll get my coat :oops:

RDR
02-10-2005, 11:41 PM
tiga = plank of wood

And you'd be the nail eh henry.. :lol: :roll: ;)

oldbugger
03-10-2005, 04:22 AM
i'm sure its only a bloody joke :dontevengothere:

el salvador
01-12-2005, 01:48 AM
let us all talk of tiga and help him to be more famous dj :!:

dirty_bass
01-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Charts are bullshiit full stop.
What do they mean anyway?
Ccharts are just there to give guidance to those with no minds of their own.

JamieBall
01-12-2005, 11:21 AM
**** them all.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be in any chart that would have me, anyway ;-)

I know ! Let's give slef-important people yet more accolades for doing NOTHING !

Anyone who asks to be voted for in this sort of thing - I DO MEAN ANYONE AND EVERYONE - needs to be cast into an industrial furnace as far as I'm concerned.

Bit severe, perhaps, but then again so are delusions of grandeur and the levels of fat headedness going around. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE !?!?!?

VOTE FOR ME, I'M ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD !?!?!?

Think like that, boys and girls, and you will NEVER IMPROVE.

And christ knows, there are a lot of people in techno who could frankly do with improving. BIG TIME.

Get out of the press, get into the studio. Actions speak louder than words.[/u]

el salvador
01-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Get out of the press, get into the studio. Actions speak louder than words.[/u]

this is very true jamie. to hell with the press. it is all just padding between the advertisments i think

TechMouse
01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Speaking of charts and meaningless....

http://www.londonist.com/archives/2005/11/scoop_nme_album.php

Adrenalin
23-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Sadly, Tiga used to be GOOD!! haha! He started the Turbo label, which has some great early releases, he opened one of Montreal's most legendary after hours clubs, SONA, as well as brought some of techno's finest technicians to Montreal. Now he wears more makeup then my sister and plays music that is a rehash of the early '80's sound. I grew up in the '80's - the music sucked then and it still sucks now. Simply sad.

278d7e64a374de26f==