PDA

View Full Version : Why not

Starfuqer
01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Been trying to figure this one out for a while.

What reasons could MAC have for not making logic a pc program as well. Ignoring a market you could easily to me seems pretty stupid. Logic used to run on pc which makes me assume that porting it to pc wouldn't be that much of a hassle.

So ya why not ?
I mean they make itunes for PC. Right there shows me that they have interest in capturing the pc market as well. IT just doesn't make sense. What could they possibly lose by making logic a pc program as well.

RDR
01-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Its about apple owning a major platform that doesnt have to compete with windows.

simple as that.

Starfuqer
01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
then why have itunes on the pc

mattboyslim
01-10-2005, 05:09 PM
then why have itunes on the pcfor the music sales

Starfuqer
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
if everything was about money , they would release a pc version. Bigger market = more money

mattboyslim
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
if everything was about money , they would release a pc version. Bigger market = more moneyselling mp3s counts for a hell of a lot more than a music production program

findthesolution
01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
its about apple being able to optimize a program for its native OS, and to be able to provide better support to its users by doing so. you can have a team divided in two to write and support the program for mac and PC, but then you have to remember that there are waaaaaay too many variable hardware configurations for PCs, whereas with a Mac its simply a matter of which version of OSX you're running and whether you're on G4 or G5. of course it will be a bit more complicated now with the intel transition, but im sure apple has it under control.

so yea, death be to the PC!

Komplex
02-10-2005, 05:08 AM
no its about apple wanting to make people who want to, or have been using logic to buy macs. thats all it is.

RDR
02-10-2005, 08:53 AM
no its about apple wanting to make people who want to, or have been using logic to buy macs. thats all it is.

Thats what i said. :roll:

TechMouse
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Apple wants the Macintosh to be seen as the system of choice for music production They would be very much shooting themselves in the foot by releasing Logic for Windows, as currently it's one more reason to buy a Mac for making music. Additionally, there would probably be all manner of speculation about them "handicapping" the PC version.

iTunes is released for the PC because they want everyone to buy into it, Mac user or PC user. If they make it Mac only then PC users will just go and buy their tunes elsewhere. No one is going to go and buy a Mac just to get iTunes.

FILTERZ
07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
they are hoping that old pc logic users will actually go out and buy a mac just so they can run logic

dont think many did though

FILTERZ
07-10-2005, 03:15 PM

and me , seems we are agreed then

RDR
07-10-2005, 03:37 PM

and me , seems we are agreed then

What, do you wanna fight about it? :evil: cmon on then ya nancy boy.. how dare you agree with me!

278d7e64a374de26f==