PDA

View Full Version : Recording from Decks help

LEE.S.I
01-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Im looking to record my sets to start doin sum demos for m8s n that but at the mo my recording are how shall i put it...SHIT :lol:. The quality aint der my set up is:

Mixer n decks to a house stereo and a lead from there to my PC, n im jusr recording it on a clean up software,but it cum up shit on CD sounds bit muffled like.

Im looking to get an Amp (any recomendations),also what ells would you suggest getting i.e better sound card,software so on? ;)

dan the acid man
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
what sound card have you got

LEE.S.I
01-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Thinks its a Realtek AC'97

DJsmallpaul
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I had this problem & resolved it by keeping the volume levels down on the mixer etc.

dan the acid man
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Thinks its a Realtek AC'97

onboard sound then, like paul said, sounds like you need to sort your levels out, its handy if you can see the levels in the software your using

Mirsha
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm using the same internal soundcard and don't have much problems with my sound quality. In my setup though I've got two outs on my mixer, the main output goes to my hifi and a seperate booth output goes into the line in on my PC. Checking your levels is well worth it, I don't trust my mixers vu meter and I always calibrate it when recording a mix to whatever the levels in Soundforge tell me are correct.

The key thing to remember when you record is, if you redline it you are ****ing your mix permenantly, there is no way to recover lost information if you distort it. If you record it too quiet and err on the side of caution then your mix comes out a bit quiet but you can pump the volume up in post production to get it back to the right levels so it's always worth being safer than sorry.

alsynthe
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
get a soune processor, cost u about £80 for a behringer one which cleans it up a treat or but urself a decent soundcard

RDR
02-10-2005, 11:49 PM
the Emu 6464 thingy is cheap as chips

Make sure your levels are cool

And get a behringer composer pro 2nd hand 50GBP at the most, you can use this to limit your mix.. but remember kids, too much limiting leads to...

PUMPING!

bad pumping, naughty pumping!

Barely Human
03-10-2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.teamsportswear.co.uk/Stirrup%20pump%20FB551.jpg

dan the acid man
03-10-2005, 12:02 AM
or use soundforges built in compressor

LEE.S.I
03-10-2005, 06:19 PM
cheers people ;) ,my mixer levels are fine allways been shown how to set dem but think its computer levels just trying to get right :roll:

curly
04-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Im looking to record my sets to start doin sum demos for m8s n that but at the mo my recording are how shall i put it...SHIT :lol:. The quality aint der my set up is:

Mixer n decks to a house stereo and a lead from there to my PC, n im jusr recording it on a clean up software,but it cum up shit on CD sounds bit muffled like.

Im looking to get an Amp (any recomendations),also what ells would you suggest getting i.e better sound card,software so on? ;)

Where on your stereo are you getting the output from, you may be better to run a seperate lead from the mixer, if it has 2 outs (main + booth) or buying some cheep splitters from maplins, that way the house stereo won't colour the sound.

RDR
04-10-2005, 08:44 PM
http://www.teamsportswear.co.uk/Stirrup%20pump%20FB551.jpg

that looks like quite a nice pump actually...

i may buy one.

278d7e64a374de26f==