PDA

View Full Version : good mic's?

RedRob
02-10-2005, 06:18 AM
howyas,

im lookin about for a little microphone at the mo but as with most things there are so many to choose from. just want it for recording sounds when im out and about, messin em up and stickin in tunes. dont wanna pay a fortune but dont want a cheap piece of crap either. so an affordable, good quality, small mic is what im after. any reccomendations or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Rob :)

RDR
02-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Get a shure sm58, bomb proof mics that retail cheap sound nice and warm and dont require phantom power.

Ritzi Lee
02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Get a shure sm58, bomb proof mics that retail cheap sound nice and warm and dont require phantom power.

second that!

FILTERZ
07-10-2005, 04:05 PM
You would be better off spending a little bit more , sures are great for gigging but if i was going to record a lot of acoustic stuff or vocals i would get summit nicer . I have some nice russian mics that i bought , made by oktava they cost about a hundred quid and need phantom power but boy they are sweet.

depends if you want to spend that much i suppose

alsynthe
07-10-2005, 04:08 PM
sm58 defo

RedRob
07-10-2005, 09:00 PM
checked out the shure fella. i was thinkin of something a little bit smaller. its more for sticking in the bag and hookin up to my minidisc n go collecting samples in the city or wherever, just random sounds. wont be usin it for much else. dont mind spending a little extra either. told the guy in the music shop what i was after and mentioned the sm58 n he said id be better goin with one of the sony minidisc mic's as it comes in very low from the shure and would prolly hafta go through a mixer to get it at a good level. hmmm...???

RDR
08-10-2005, 10:42 AM
good point...

although TBH the sure will fit into a pocket on your coat and you need the VERY vest quality you can when sampling.

You do need a mic pre for it tho...

You have some more choices tho...

http://www.dv247.com/invt/28729

or this little beastie could well be the answer to your dreams...

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=ST00467

in fact i might get one, brilliant idea.

RedRob
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
yeah, cheers man, that mxl dtr fella looks just about right. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==