PDA

View Full Version : routemaster or pgv mp3s

rejasond
02-10-2005, 12:50 PM
does anyone know of any online shops selling mp3s of route/pgv/technoslut/p/play or any of the dunster mans labels?

The Germ
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
i dont know any, but if u pay me ill do it for you!

rejasond
02-10-2005, 02:26 PM
i dont know any, but if u pay me ill do it for you!

eh????? :nono:

no i think i'd rather pay for the vinyl and have to money go to the artist, and do it myself then.

Aratron
02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
try www.limewire.com

Aratron
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
you can send lawire a cheque

rejasond
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
whats limewire?

rejasond
02-10-2005, 03:17 PM
whats limewire?

i see it now.

might just contact lawrie myself... keep it safe... i know he's not exactly agreeable with the whole mp3 thing, but its worth a try.

fresh_an_funky_design
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
from what i gather last time i spoke to lawrie on the whole mp3 subject, he's not at all interested about it. A.D. posts on here p.m. him he's likely to know more than me.

ad
07-10-2005, 06:05 PM
vinyl only,any tracks downloaded have been done so illegally.
keep playin RECORDS

rowland the bastard
07-10-2005, 07:01 PM
keep playin RECORDS

ad, you still got my underwear?

rejasond
07-10-2005, 07:31 PM
keep playin RECORDS

unfortunatly a baby and mortgage have curtailed my record buying... but if lawrie aint interested in the sales.....

i personally think its very shortsighted. offering secure downloads is a way to generate new sales... look at how well truelove are doing with it. and its not gonna stop the vinyl junkies buying their precious slabs, just puts more money in your pocket, ie: minimal production costs, minimal distribution costs.

analog tactic
08-10-2005, 02:46 AM
dont do it. keep buying vinyl, think about it, if you get free mp3s from places like limewire, no one would bu vinyl, the producers wouldnt make money and wouldnt make any more, its not like they make a large amount of money anyway, keep buying their records, keep them producing :dance:

rejasond
08-10-2005, 03:05 AM
dont do it. keep buying vinyl, think about it, if you get free mp3s from places like limewire, no one would bu vinyl, the producers wouldnt make money and wouldnt make any more, its not like they make a large amount of money anyway, keep buying their records, keep them producing :dance:

all very well if you can afford it, but what about those who cant... you wanna make techno eletist?

Aratron
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM

all very well if you can afford it, but what about those who cant... you wanna make techno eletist?

well i spend an unhealthy amount of money on vinyl and download off limewire.

Aratron
08-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Electrictribe
08-10-2005, 09:33 AM
you wanna make techno eletist?

it hardly elitist. if you don't buy the vinyl and download the mp3 then the small independents lose out on money they rely on to survive simple as. I got no qualms if you downloading robbie williams (god forbid :rambo: ) but small independent labels need to be financially supported. It getting tougher out there to survive everyday.

rejasond
08-10-2005, 11:19 AM

like i said, great if you can afford it, but i've spent an unhealthy amount of money on vinyl for 12 years now and unfortunatly family has to come first. so mp3s is the way for me... people are always gonna download mp3s illegally, so my thinkin is that labels should get in on the action and make money out of it. i for one think that 1 pound is very good value for a download, and i'd rather pay the label than download illegally.

ad
10-10-2005, 11:55 AM
we run a record press and cutting room its hardly in our interest to start selling mp3`s isit?
the sound quality of a record will win me over everytime.

xes
10-10-2005, 01:29 PM

well i spend an unhealthy amount of money on vinyl and download off limewire. SAme here,I download techno (mainly sets) then go and buy all the stuff I can lay my hands on. (after coming on here asking for tune IDs :lol: )

dan the acid man
10-10-2005, 02:55 PM
yeah, you have to help support the scene.
I can appreciate that people now want to be able to buy mp3's, and in a way, i think its good that some labels are offereing tunes for a set price as mp3.
there are people out there who would rather pay 99p per download.

but then you can understand why lables are reluctant to do this, as its then much easier for people to then ditribute this via shareware sites.

i personally dont like the sound quality of mp3, if i was buying another form of media instead of vinyl, it would be cd.

in a way, its all a no win situation, if you offer downloadable mp3's, you can make some money from people who want to legally get a hold of them, and who maybe cant afford vinyl, or dont want to play vinyl, but then you also run the risk of these poeple sharing the mp3's illegally.

analog tactic
10-10-2005, 03:16 PM
so my thinkin is that labels should get in on the action and make money out of it. i for one think that 1 pound is very good value for a download, and i'd rather pay the label than download illegally.

The stay up forever collective sell MP3s at truelove.co.u.

I also think top side of £2.50 is a more reasonable price when you consider the artists dont only make the music for their love of it, some of them make the tunes to make the money to feed themselves / thier families.

Paulm
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
you will only play mp3's on a proper rig once, then realise quite how shit they sound, and go back to vinyl.

they might be ok for a bit of bedroom stuff, but i agree with some of the others here that you should pay for your techno as the producers are not the uber rich.

rejasond
10-10-2005, 10:07 PM
you will only play mp3's on a proper rig once, then realise quite how shit they sound, and go back to vinyl.

they might be ok for a bit of bedroom stuff, but i agree with some of the others here that you should pay for your techno as the producers are not the uber rich.

but buying mp3s direct is probably just as profitable for the producers as there are minimal overheads.. and truelove sell you the masters at 320kps... so quality isnt really an issue.

dan the acid man
10-10-2005, 11:31 PM
of course qualitys an issue, you will still hear a loss of sound quality from any mp3, especially on a good system.

JamieBall
11-10-2005, 11:51 AM

That's RUBBISH, mate. NON-SENSE.

I've rocked loads of shows off the back of virtual dj software. I use it so I can play ALL my own stuff, not other peoples tunes. I don't have any complaints on the sound front, nor have any of the people in the clubs I've played.

Sure if you get some techno off of soulseek or whatever that is at 96kbps and sounds like it's recorded through a wall of running water it's not going to cut the mustard over a PA. But then, if you're downloading from soulseek you deserve this quality (I reckon, anyway!).

On the other hand, if you encode at 256-320 kbps then it's no different from CD imo and you have less of a problem with errant harmonics as the mp3 process shaves 'em off.

Your attitude is a bit silly, I reckon.

I'm also pretty unimpressed with the Curve Pusher stance on things, to be honest. Fair enough I understand you've businesses to support but I think it's more than reasonable to say the market for what you guys do is dying off (format wise). I'm in the same boat, don't get me wrong - I just don't think one can stop the inevitability of progress and reckon that in attempting to do so you're only going to hurt yourselves.

It appears we have all fallen on shaky ground :oops:

rejasond
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
of course qualitys an issue, you will still hear a loss of sound quality from any mp3, especially on a good system.

if you can honestly tell me that you can tell a 320 mp3, then i want some of whatever you're on!!! :roll:

i'm sorry but that is as close to clarity audio as you'll get... mp3 at that encoding shaves off frequencies that are inaudible to the human ear... if you had hearing that good, you'd walk around all day with your ears covered and crying in pain!

rejasond
11-10-2005, 08:33 PM

That's RUBBISH, mate. NON-SENSE.

I've rocked loads of shows off the back of virtual dj software. I use it so I can play ALL my own stuff, not other peoples tunes. I don't have any complaints on the sound front, nor have any of the people in the clubs I've played.

Sure if you get some techno off of soulseek or whatever that is at 96kbps and sounds like it's recorded through a wall of running water it's not going to cut the mustard over a PA. But then, if you're downloading from soulseek you deserve this quality (I reckon, anyway!).

On the other hand, if you encode at 256-320 kbps then it's no different from CD imo and you have less of a problem with errant harmonics as the mp3 process shaves 'em off.

Your attitude is a bit silly, I reckon.

I'm also pretty unimpressed with the Curve Pusher stance on things, to be honest. Fair enough I understand you've businesses to support but I think it's more than reasonable to say the market for what you guys do is dying off (format wise). I'm in the same boat, don't get me wrong - I just don't think one can stop the inevitability of progress and reckon that in attempting to do so you're only going to hurt yourselves.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

terryb
13-10-2005, 04:58 AM
contacting lawrie is a wasye of time he wants nothing to do with digital formats and wont sell nothing on mp3, or compile cds aslong as vinyl is around...

ad
13-10-2005, 01:37 PM

we are not trying to impress you with our policy towards digital music,
but we do try to impress with quality audio.
yeah records are more expensive than mp3`s but as far as audio reproduction is concerned you get what you pay for.

fresh_an_funky_design
13-10-2005, 01:47 PM

if you can honestly tell me that you can tell a 320 mp3, then i want some of whatever you're on!!! :roll:

i'm sorry but that is as close to clarity audio as you'll get... mp3 at that encoding shaves off frequencies that are inaudible to the human ear... if you had hearing that good, you'd walk around all day with your ears covered and crying in pain!

i gotta agree woth jamie here, i encode all our vinyl releases to 320 kbs and there is no audible loss of quality. We send our tunes to be mastered on cd. A 320 kbs mp3 is the same as a cd!!!

the_psychologist
14-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I spent some time DJing with Traktor using lame-encoded 320 rate MP3s, and they sounded fine. I *did* notice shit quality at lower bitrates, which only happened when I tried playing some "rare" track I had downloaded. Otherwise, I played only the files I had legitimately ripped from the CDs in my collection.

I'm in the process of building a rather large collection of old acid compilation CDs, as I actually prefer the sound quality. Once they're ripped to MP3, I have good sound, and no crackling/muffle/skipping/etc. that could plague the same tracks if I bought them on 10-year-old vinyl.

Everything has its application.

the_psychologist
14-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Oh, and I don't think Truelove deals strictly in 320 rate files. Some of the listed filesizes are simply too small for the duration of the track. Most of my stuff done at 320 is about 18MB. It's too bad, because I'd gladly pay for the tunes if they could sort out their MP3 quality.

The Germ
14-10-2005, 02:59 AM
jessie we will drop the bomb soon!

278d7e64a374de26f==