PDA

View Full Version : Collab - tore it up

holotropik
03-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Word on tha street is that these two psycho's ripped them apart in OZ. I unfortunately missed their gigs here due to other commitments - but my sources tell me that these guys have taken the techno to a new level. peeps are still cryin' openly about the mastery of their work and the Gods of techno are smiling...

...that is all :)

new
03-10-2005, 03:08 AM
I would expect nothing less from these two.

tekboi
03-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Gods of techno they are, one of the best sets I have ever heard, two days have passed and I am still speechless, Speedy J and Chris Liebing are masters!

Cant wait for them to come back and cant wait for their new album!

Craig McW
03-10-2005, 03:18 AM
They were truly awesome. I have a few criticisms, but they aren't worth mentioning as the good WELL outweighed the not so good.

Sound system was siiiiiiiiick. Had to take a step back when their first kick frum dropped.... straight through me chest.

sash
03-10-2005, 04:07 AM
how long did they play for?

was it a journey or was it straight up bangin?

machina
03-10-2005, 04:08 AM
5 hours.

and yeah - it was pretty ****-ing incredible. started minimal-ish and built to bangin - most of it was relatively hard.

machina

new
03-10-2005, 06:07 AM
wtf??? they played 5 hours???

oh man, someone say they got a recording of this set! sounds legendary!

The Overfiend
03-10-2005, 06:11 AM
I need recording of this.
Immediately

Frank Dogshit
03-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Really lookin forward to seeing this!! Most exciting thing to happen to techno in a good while imo.....2 of the finest producers in techno.

The I love techno gig there doing will be sick!

koma
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM
report from another board

well this is not so common for Sydney there were 2 good gigs on in one weekend hehehe

On Friday saw Bangkok Impact although I left before Dj TLR who also played because I drank way too many shots whoops

and last night Speedy J and Chris Liebing played a 5 hour live set...pretty cool, went from I guess minimal kinda tech through to some pretty hard shit. All played live from Ableton, they were a pretty good live act I must say - worked together really well and got the crowd into it and shit. Plus for some reason there were SO many babes at the club like brutally hot haha - mad

Craig McW
04-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Just to clarify, they had 4 laptops on stage, 3 mixers, a drum machine, a chaos pad and 2 decks.

So not just ableton. Rather, Ableton, Final scratch, Decks, EFX and a drum machine.

They went into this triplet pattern hard shit at one stage that blew my head off... sooooooo sick.

Craig McW
04-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Just to clarify, they had 4 laptops on stage, 3 mixers, a drum machine, a chaos pad and 2 decks.

So not just ableton. Rather, Ableton, Final scratch, Decks, EFX and a drum machine.

They went into this triplet pattern hard shit at one stage that blew my head off... sooooooo sick.

Komplex
04-10-2005, 09:32 AM
was great and they obviously had a good time. nice blokes too :)

Traxx
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Friend of mine who lives in adelaide went & said it was shite. Id have to see for myself before id judge but i gotta say ive found it funny the way everyone has been making a mess in there pants about this.

basslinejunkie
05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
same here.i didnt think the collabs records where owt special imo,id like to hear this though.

machina
05-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Friend of mine who lives in adelaide went & said it was shite. Id have to see for myself before id judge but i gotta say ive found it funny the way everyone has been making a mess in there pants about this.

i honestly cannot see how someone that likes techno could not have at least thought it was okay. If your mate thought they were shite, imo he doesn't like techno.

machina

tekboi
05-10-2005, 02:23 AM

i honestly cannot see how someone that likes techno could not have at least thought it was okay. If your mate thought they were shite, imo he doesn't like techno.machina

Spot on machina, even more I would say not only did he not like techno but if he did he had no idea about techno.

Again I will say, they were outstanding!

grain
05-10-2005, 03:54 AM
I thought Collabs was just short for Collaboration... on those Novamute releases one Collabs is Speedy J and Adam Beyer, another is Speedy and Chris Liebing. And I didn't get them all but i think there may be other collaborators?

Anyway.. Speedy J is a genius... and so is Beyer, but he needs to pull the finger out lately - maybe he wore himself out making too many tunes! Liebing isn't really in the same league, production wise, but he's well able as a DJ.

I agree with whoever said the Collabs releases weren't up to much (any of said artists on thier own have come up with better) - it's dissapointing to see Speedy J hook up with either of those lads and not come up with something absolutely mindblowing!
But then again it's straight up, simple, Bangin' techno... the kind of sh it that rocks a party and probably worked a treat in OZ, and I hear OZ needs a bit of an education in techno, so fair play - Ya can't knock it!!

(btw, Speedy J's 'A Shocking Hobby' is one of the best albums EVER. imho)

sash
05-10-2005, 04:19 AM
and I hear OZ needs a bit of an education in techno

u heard wrong. trust me, don't embarrass yourself!

machina
05-10-2005, 05:58 AM
I thought Collabs was just short for Collaboration... on those Novamute releases one Collabs is Speedy J and Adam Beyer, another is Speedy and Chris Liebing. And I didn't get them all but i think there may be other collaborators?

Collabs live is Speedy j and liebing. as for oz needing a techno education? whatever.

machina

holotropik
05-10-2005, 10:19 AM
I originally posted this thread coz i was excited by the way my cohorts were speaking about the collabs gig. This gig was very timely for OZ, esp Melbourne and it hit the mark and turned a few heads. It meant that the Techno sound made some ground that it had lost over the years.

After hearing what Mark EG had to say about their release I was expecting the same reaction from peeps here who know Techno as well as anyone else. They liked what they heard and it made some waves.

Good all round I reckon ;)

As for the comment on education....i concur with machina....whatever :P

Traxx
05-10-2005, 10:56 AM

i honestly cannot see how someone that likes techno could not have at least thought it was okay. If your mate thought they were shite, imo he doesn't like techno.

machina

Errr...ok :eh:

Traxx
05-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Spot on machina, even more I would say not only did he not like techno but if he did he had no idea about techno.

Hahah, yeah...ok (again)

grain
05-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Sorry, Aussies...

No offence meant whatsoever... I have a few mates who were over in Australia at different times over the last few years and that's just what I heard...

But then again if you came to Ireland on holiday and spent your time in the more picturesque parts of the country you'd be likely to find some terribly shite music playing at the local disco....
I'd be the first to say that most of THIS country needs an education in Techno... we're working on it anyway!

No disrespect to your fine country at all, in fact,
LONG LIVE THE AUSSIES !!!

:lol:

Craig McW
06-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh dear.

The set sounded nothing like the Collabs releases.

Melbourne at least has a very good clue about techno.

that is all.

Craig McW
06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Oh dear.

The set sounded nothing like the Collabs releases.

Melbourne at least has a very good clue about techno.

that is all.

Frank Dogshit
06-10-2005, 12:55 AM
loads of good techno around the the perth side and east coast.....techno club in perth called 'ambar' is sposed to be mint.

although the majority of shit out there is drum n bass n breaks,the scene seems to be really growing there and more respected techno djs seem to be reaching there shores pretty often.

holotropik
06-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Sweet :)

AUYA
09-10-2005, 05:30 AM
I have to agree with grain.

I'm a brazilian living in Melbourne and do you know what i miss living here? Techno
There isn't good techno parties here at all. Not as often as i'm used to see in my city Sao Paulo.
I might be wrong, but until now that's the impression i have.

I went to Metro to see Speedy J and Chrid Liebing. Yes they played for 5 hours what i wished it was only 3. The first three hours was wicked, but after the third hour i started to get bored because it was the same banging techno.

MARKEG
09-10-2005, 08:05 AM
The first three hours was wicked, but after the third hour i started to get bored because it was the same banging techno.

this is a whole new topic in itself!

i totally agree. i love banging hard techno soo much but i do sometimes think that if clubs would vary it a little, they might get a more interesting, crowd. things would be more challenging. perhaps i'm getting old ;)

:clap:

Craig McW
10-10-2005, 02:23 AM

I'm a brazilian living in Melbourne and do you know what i miss living here? Techno
There isn't good techno parties here at all. Not as often as i'm used to see in my city Sao Paulo.

I went to Metro to see Speedy J and Chrid Liebing. Yes they played for 5 hours what i wished it was only 3. The first three hours was wicked, but after the third hour i started to get bored because it was the same banging techno.

I'm guessing you've never been to an MTC party.

Next one is Saturday 29th of October, Mercat Lower Ground, 456 Queen street, City. Entry is free.

machina
10-10-2005, 02:56 AM
and there's an awesome warehouse party happenin in preston this weekend... pm me if you care.

machina

AUYA
10-10-2005, 03:47 AM

I'm guessing you've never been to an MTC party.

Next one is Saturday 29th of October, Mercat Lower Ground, 456 Queen street, City. Entry is free.

As i said, i might be wrong!!!
I'll go to this party....and if you have some more info about it, i'd like to..pm me!!!

conflict
12-10-2005, 07:30 PM
set now up in the filez section

278d7e64a374de26f==