PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "UPON THE BEAST"

BRADLEE
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
http://www.revelation13.net/WBabylon.jpg

Just some more dark evil Techno as per my usual. Hope you guys enjoy it. I need to adjust the ride sounds volume to make it more present, but I think everything else should be cool.

http://iluvtekno.com/BradLEE_UPON_THE_BEAST.mp3

Brad Lee
"messanger"

CORROSIVE
03-10-2005, 10:47 PM
duuuudeee, that is some ill techno m8.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
heavy shit, gooooood shhhiiittttttt!!!

wat do u use to make u tracks?????

BRADLEE
03-10-2005, 11:01 PM
duuuudeee, that is some ill techno m8.

heavy shit, gooooood shhhiiittttttt!!!

wat do u use to make u tracks?????

Just Flstudio Homie for the main chunk of it. I used Magix Musik for some of the drum edits, but 99% of that was done in FL. I used some vst stuff too, but not a whole lot....

Mainly waves and the psp warmer.....also love that tube vst from Antares.

Really glad you liked the tune though homie. Thank you very much, the comments are greatly appreciated.

The Overfiend
04-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Labels need to pay attention to Him,

audioinjection
04-10-2005, 04:43 AM
damn this is bangin brad

curly
04-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Going record shopping today, If this was in the shop I would leaving with a smile on my face

BRADLEE
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks homie, I think I still need to do a bit more EQ to it though.....I'm going to try and remedy something with it when I get a free chance, then I'll probably ship it off....

audioinjection
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
i also think theres a tad too much compression, you might wanna check on that

BRADLEE
04-10-2005, 07:34 PM
i also think theres a tad too much compression, you might wanna check on that

Thanks David, I think that is also part of what is happening to the sound. Thank you for confirming that homie.

sash
05-10-2005, 07:53 AM
this is on the next level! awesome :)

TechMouse
05-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Rockin'.

BloodStar
06-10-2005, 10:27 AM
this bangin as hell..,.. nice atmo sounds in it after whille,.,like it..but have to say,,the track is way too overcompressed,, i think.. production part of thing is almost ok,,just fix the compressions,,. it all plays too much in the front,.,. just my feel..... nice track anyway..

da hound
06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
man this is excellent :clap: :clap: :clap: what synths do u use in this track there fukin of the wall once again excellent stuff

BRADLEE
06-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I used the Z3ta+ synth for the synth patterns. Just that synth. Then I have a shit load of little FX sounds that I sampled from various movies, tv shows, and sci fi stuff. Ok, I am posting an updated version with less compression. I hope that now it is more clear and precise....atleast I hope so...LOL

Although I think I need to bring down the highs just a tad....

http://iluvtekno.com/BradLEE_UPON_THE_BEAST_lesscomp.mp3

xfive
06-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes sounds much clearer now with less compression ;)

fresh_an_funky_design
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
the updated link sounds really good, when i listened to the old one i though 'yeah this is a good tune' but the changes have taken it that step higher! good stuff brad, really liking your stuff recently!! :clap: :clap:

BRADLEE
07-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey Thanks Joe. Much appreciated man.

BloodStar
07-10-2005, 09:38 AM
much better now,.. like it :clap:

Elvio Neto
07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
i like it

nice track

the best i heard from you!

sash
07-10-2005, 02:50 PM
how long did it take u to make this track?

stjohn
07-10-2005, 09:32 PM
huge!!!!

bangin!!!!

BRADLEE
09-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Cool, thanks guys. REally glad that everyone seems to like the updated version of the track. All I really did was fix the compression issue and 1 bit of the volume really. :cool:

As for how long the track took, I guess not too long. I think maybe I have 35-40 hours total invested into it.
;)

dan the acid man
09-10-2005, 11:57 PM
good track, not sure about the hats though, they get a bit lost in the mix at times, but apart from that, good stuff

BRADLEE
17-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks Dan, here are a couple of remixes my homie Ingo did of this too. Hope you guys also enjoy his remixes and hopefulyl someone will want to pick it all up.

http://against-silence.couch-heads.de/Steve%20Pain%20-%20Promo/Brad%20Lee%20-%20upon%20the%20beast%20S.P.%20techno%20rmx.mp3 "TECHNO REMIX1"

http://against-silence.couch-heads.de/Steve%20Pain%20-%20Promo/Brad%20Lee%20-%20upon%20the%20beast_Steve%20Pain%20ht%20rmx.mp3 "HARD TECHNO REMIX1"

V..
17-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Cool hard track, loads of nice scapes and sounds. All the elements in hear have been chosen well, and the track has a nice full on take on the minimal ambient techno sound.

Starts off with a nice solid kick, but it quickly gets buried under the noise and ambient samples.
I think the main problem that holds this back from being a pro track is all the clutter.
I think take everything back to the kick and basic beat and then slowly build the parts up, around the kick.
Some of the big ambient sounds and pads could do with better use of subtractive. Pull out the bass frequencies and some areas of the low mid and maybe sculpt the mid range a bit, so they interweave rather than all sit in the same place.
The hats especially get lost in all the lush washes of sound.
The problem with this kind of wall of sound intense techno is that you (we, us) tend to get precious over every single element, when really you need a more objective view on them, as not everything can be full and in your face.

I`d say after a good break from this you might be able to go back in and get a bit more clinical with it, as you will have a little bit of personal detatchment from it.

Interesting stuff though, very sci-fi and different to most of the hard techno kicking about right now.

Mindful
17-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I think take everything back to the kick and basic beat and then slowly build the parts up, around the kick.

I`d say after a good break from this you might be able to go back in and get a bit more clinical with it, as you will have a little bit of personal detatchment from it.

Great track mate the two quotes above say it all for me production wise.

I think your realy defining your sound now Brad its realy good to see/hear
:clap: :clap:

No ass licking from me here but I realy think its about time your stuff should start getting some reconition from some hard labels.

BRADLEE
18-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks Steve and V ;)

Glad you guys both like it for the most part. I do agree though that I need to go back in and do a bit more Subtractive work to the Atmospheric stuff. Lately I've just not really been interested in doing much of anything, but when I get the bug again I'll try another whack at Eq'ing this one a bit more.

Thank you both for the honest comments.

Steve Pain
21-10-2005, 04:24 PM
thank you :)

j_s
31-10-2005, 01:59 PM
sick stuff. sounds cleaner than your previous stuff. like the changes in kick pattern. atmosphere are good as usual. shame you've not been up to much lately, the last few tracks you've posted on here have been getting better and better.

BRADLEE
01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
sick stuff. sounds cleaner than your previous stuff. like the changes in kick pattern. atmosphere are good as usual. shame you've not been up to much lately, the last few tracks you've posted on here have been getting better and better.

Thanks homie, I'll be posting some other stuff soon too. I did this odd Industrialish tech trance tune recently, but I really just did it to prove a point to someone.

Although I don't think it is right for the BOA TECHNO section.

BRADLEE
01-11-2005, 06:59 PM
I posted that trancey one in the trance section because it's more trance than techno in my opinion. But if you want to listen, there you go.

Apex Beat
05-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Not really a bad thing to say, sounds pretty ****ing epic. Good skills.

nova
24-11-2005, 12:14 PM
yeah man good stuff. dark as hell!! nice atmos brad good vocals. by the sounds of it ya need it out on the shelfs! on the z3ta now then homie. do you hav the virus mod onit man. thats the shit init?

nova
25-11-2005, 05:03 PM
this teckno remix is nice. sound realy well produced :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==