PDA

View Full Version : net labels - any tips?

stjohn
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
its very much in the early stages, but its something ive been thinking about for a while. for the initial stages, any music will be charge free.

I really just want to promote new producers that are emerging from Dublin and throughout the world. I would also like to you lot to offer some of you work, if you are up for it!!!???

im just wondering if any of ye have any helping hints that can help me reach a wider audience?

are there any sites that provide/promote free mp3s?

any input would be hugely appreciated as its just myself doing this so far

thanks people

detfella
05-10-2005, 01:24 AM
i don't know about reachin a wide audience but i know the creative commons license is quite a good idea is you're going provide free music.

i use this one

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/deed-music

but you can customise your own

stjohn
05-10-2005, 02:22 AM
thanks for that det... thats exactly the input im looking for....
cheers!!!!!!!!

stjohn
05-10-2005, 02:41 AM
heres something i found out from someone else, just in case you're interested

Any case, the first thing to check into is archive.org... read up on the netlabel section and learn how to post things there. It'll make your life easier, and then you can have a website of your own and link to the actual releases on their servers.

As far as more generic advice, it's not easy.. everyone wants to start a netlabel and there really isn't a lot of talent out there interested in contributing to the scene as netlabels generally tend to not be taken seriously. With us, we were hoping to harvest a little more respect than the avg netlabel, but people tend to keep to their traditional view point no matter what kinda good stuff you've got going for you.

278d7e64a374de26f==