PDA

View Full Version : "GREAT NEWS" FOR UK FREE PARTIES

jon connor
05-10-2005, 01:55 PM
well well well has anyone seen the news or read the paper today :shock: wot the hell :love: apparently the goverment are to leaglize free parties why i dont know yet i need some more information.but i was having my tea and toast this morning before i came to work and it was on the news :shock: this is great news for uk free parties and my local area north wales........... my local area has a wealth of history of imense free parties at least 5 to 10,000 people raves back in the earl ninties and late eighties......... but due to north wales police devasting the parties by converscating systems and even building huge road blocks and bariers with tones of stone and rubble to party sites, these massive gatherings were lost in history. mabey now if this all goes through we may see a new rise in our uk free party gatherings and dance festivals :love: cool.. i see somtimes free parties as the back bone of the underground well for me anyway its where it all started , .

ok anyone else seen this on the news today .do you have more info ? let me no.

also another question i want to ask is do you think this is a good thing or bad .....because noing our goverment there must be somthing they not telling us ,or most of them are secret acid taking hippies in suits hehehehehehehehehehehe :lol:

let us guys. :cool:

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 01:58 PM
foookin ell, and theres me thinkin there clamping down on them!!!

schlongfingers
05-10-2005, 02:02 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/05/nlicen05.xml

jon connor
05-10-2005, 02:02 PM
i no wot the hells going down ere :shock: i nearly choked on me toast when it came out total random in the the morning like :shock:

jon connor
05-10-2005, 02:04 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/05/nlicen05.xml

cheers shlonfingers nice work :clap: :clap: :clap: pretty rapid to i only just posted heheheheheh.. im on me lunch break back soon to read it ;)

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 02:06 PM
so basically there allowing them because they have found a way to tax them in licences, and if u dont have the sadi licences in future will will come down harder on the party and shut it down quicker

xfive
Whoop time to move to the UK. :lol:

dan the acid man
not as good as what i first thought. it says a maximum of 499 people can attend, and sounds like they will only give out licences to premises

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
not as good as what i first thought. it says a maximum of 499 people can attend, and sounds like they will only give out licences to premises

just apply for multiple licences 20 metres away from each other and call them seperate parties. ie multi rigged parties

jon connor
05-10-2005, 02:10 PM
its a start fella....right who is with me lets crack open a can of stella or mabey a special brew coz this is great ..and a start in the right direction for our beloved sound of techno ........ yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :love: :love: :love:

cheers ears :cool:

A licence for raves with no chance to object
By Philip Johnston, Home Affairs Editor
(Filed: 05/10/2005)

Rave parties or festivals lasting up to four days and involving as many as 500 people able to drink round the clock will be allowed without the public having any right to object under the new Licensing Act, it emerged yesterday.

Council leaders called on ministers to rethink proposals that would allow temporary licences to be issued without taking into account the concerns of residents about noise or nuisance.

Only the police would be able to lodge formal objections - and then only on crime and disorder grounds.

At the same time, ministers are still resisting pressure from village halls and other small venues to remove restrictions on running occasional events without having to apply for full alcohol licences.

The Act, which comes into force on Nov 24, replaces legislation under which magistrates issue alcohol licences and councils give permission for public entertainment.

From next month, local authorities take full licensing responsibility, including issuing temporary event notices ('tens') to people who do not want or need a full licence.

The Government says it wants this to be a "ight touch" regime to minimise bureaucracy - but council chiefs fear it is too loose and open to abuse.

Under the new rules, each event may have up to 499 people, including staff and organisers, attending at any time and may last for a maximum of 96 hours. Any one venue is limited to 12 'tens' a year.

A Department for Culture, Media and Sport consultation paper says the new system is "intended to strike a balance between the rights of residents living close to premises where permitted temporary activities may take place and the desire to put in place a liberal and light touch regime".

It adds: "Only the police may object to the giving of a temporary event notice and then only on grounds relating to the prevention of crime and disorder.

"It is then for the licensing authority to decide whether or not the objection given by the police should be upheld.

"No objection may be given on grounds relating to the other three licensing objectives - the prevention of public nuisance [for example, noise], public safety and the protection of children."

The paper notes that "where a temporary event notice is given for the purpose of authorising sales of alcohol, the authorisation can cover such sales for 24 hours a day and a possible duration of four days".

The consultation over the new rules ends today but few are happy with what the Government is proposing.

Local government leaders say the laws will exclude the public from any say in whether temporary events should be allowed.

Small venues, such as village halls, complain that the annual limit of 12 'tens' is too restrictive and will stop many activities, such as regular quiz evenings and charity nights, taking place.

Tessa Jowell, the Culture Secretary, has said she intends to keep the limits set out in the Act but may be prepared to vary the number "if experience showed the existing limits were either unnecessary or not sufficiently restrictive".

Sir Sandy Bruce-Lockhart, the chairman of the Local Government Association, said councils were concerned that the Act would allow potentially disruptive events to go ahead with no input from residents or from councils.

"There would be no discretion to act in the best interests of the community.

"This new regime was meant to be about giving more power to the people yet local residents would not be able to lodge any objections.

"There is clearly something very wrong that needs to be addressed speedily."

At present magistrates can issue "occasional permissions" for the sale of alcohol at events and may attach any condition they consider fit.

The Government says the new regime will be "more streamlined", less bureaucratic and cheaper.

18 September 2005: Government bows to pressure for late-night drinking review
9 September 2005: Licensing laws and cheap drinks 'will boost binge culture'
23 June 2005: Village halls may get help to lift threat from new drinks law

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 02:12 PM
like u said john it is a start

jon connor
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
:shock: I NO FELLA ........... my god this is wonderfull for the movment of techno great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jay Pace
05-10-2005, 02:29 PM
:shock: I NO FELLA ........... my god this is wonderfull for the movment of techno great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hmmm

So providing you get permission from the owners property, you can have a party.

Deeply unsure of this. Cant see it over riding the CJB.

This is just a relaxation of venue licencing laws.

Don't want to be a damp squib but I don't think this will make any difference.

Partys are usually held on private property without the owners permission.

Time to make some farmer friends, I guess...

RDR
05-10-2005, 02:34 PM
All that glitters is not gold.

I want to read the actual act, not a newspaper report.

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 02:38 PM
agreed dodgy

fresh_an_funky_design
05-10-2005, 02:49 PM
its in the telegraph, there pretty accurate with the news.

RDR
05-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Not wanting to rain on your parade chief, but it is a NEWS paper we are talking about here, they dont exactly cover themselves in glory when it comes to the FULL facts or unbiased reporting.

Technobitch
05-10-2005, 03:05 PM
we are still guna party either way! but its always nice to see an improvement in the law, although its bound to be dodgy........ all laws are!

RDR
05-10-2005, 03:09 PM
:twisted: You can be sure of that - it didnt affect us in a bad way before and it aint gonna now.

slacker
05-10-2005, 03:27 PM

hehe, just wait until the EU removes subsidies-then the farming industry (what's left of it) will collapse, and farmer's will be queing up to allow anyone who gives em a few bob to use their land. I say again: hehe.

this licensing doodah does not mention anything about the CJA it's true, but presumably these temporary licenses mean that you could make an event and get a temporary license-which would mean it WOULD be licensed and thus not subject to the CJA. Now I need to check my facts on my printout at home, but we'll see. Also I'm not sure how easy it will be to get one of these licenses and how much they will cost, etc. They sound a bit like Public Entertainment Licenses but just a little less strict-still strict though and thus not the Godsend they might initially appear to be.

don't celebrate just yet...

sorry for the morose attitude but I more than a little involved with the movement and something seemingly as promising as this would be totally incongruous with the goverment's current attitude to raves.

BTW if anyone really wants to get involved then there is a EU wide protest against brutality towards raves in Strasbourg outside the EU parliament on nov 12th I think. there are some details on www.squatjuice.com.

looks cool. :rambo:

jon connor
05-10-2005, 03:56 PM

Hmmm

So providing you get permission from the owners property, you can have a party.

Deeply unsure of this. Cant see it over riding the CJB.

This is just a relaxation of venue licencing laws.

Don't want to be a damp squib but I don't think this will make any difference.

yea cool i here you ,, just the area which we live in is awsome for free parties ,you should see some of the venues which havent been used for years im telling ya . so if this does go through then mabey we can go back to our old awsome venues in the snowdonia national park. and also we have a lot of freinds with private land farmers etc .this is good news for us north wales guys.

Partys are usually held on private property without the owners permission.

jon connor
05-10-2005, 03:58 PM
All that glitters is not gold.

I want to read the actual act, not a newspaper report.

ya me to as i said up the first post i dont have all the info :roll: we need more i think.

jon connor
05-10-2005, 04:01 PM

hehe, just wait until the EU removes subsidies-then the farming industry (what's left of it) will collapse, and farmer's will be queing up to allow anyone who gives em a few bob to use their land. I say again: hehe.

this licensing doodah does not mention anything about the CJA it's true, but presumably these temporary licenses mean that you could make an event and get a temporary license-which would mean it WOULD be licensed and thus not subject to the CJA. Now I need to check my facts on my printout at home, but we'll see. Also I'm not sure how easy it will be to get one of these licenses and how much they will cost, etc. They sound a bit like Public Entertainment Licenses but just a little less strict-still strict though and thus not the Godsend they might initially appear to be.

sorry for the morose attitude but I more than a little involved with the movement and something seemingly as promising as this would be totally incongruous with the goverment's current attitude to raves.

BTW if anyone really wants to get involved then there is a EU wide protest against brutality towards raves in Strasbourg outside the EU parliament on nov 12th I think. there are some details on www.squatjuice.com.

looks cool. :rambo:

cheers mate nice knowlage you have there ,as i said before im not up on all this info so we need more cheers for input dude im listening to ya ;)

RDR
05-10-2005, 04:04 PM

looks cool. :rambo: :clap:

if i could be there i would be, but i cant due to work... respect. and i agree with your post.. all that glitters...

new
05-10-2005, 04:11 PM
raises some interesting questions. for one why did they all of a sudden decide to do this? for two, how are they going to make you stop just doing them illigally?

in my experiance in Halifax, liscensing systems are actually just ways for them to control you. For example, the fire code here was used to shut down some perfactly safe parties, just because the ****ers are anti. I wouldn't trust it off the bat either.

dan the acid man
05-10-2005, 04:26 PM
as long as we dont get people taking the piss, i.e, anybody just setting up systems and parties, too close to houses etc and giving it all a bad name

Jay Pace
05-10-2005, 04:48 PM
as long as we dont get people taking the piss, i.e, anybody just setting up systems and parties, too close to houses etc and giving it all a bad name

Your average daily mail reader struggles enough as it is to tell the difference between:

a) Dreadlocked crusty swigging special brew and hoovering up ketamine with a private school education and currently in their second year of media studies

And...

b) Dreadlocked crusty swigging special brew and hoovering ket and lives on a site nearby.

Free parties are in need of serious PR - middle england are unhappy and frightened enough as it is.

I hate it when elderly people walking their dogs stumble across a party. They always look so terrified, and for no good reason.

fresh_an_funky_design
05-10-2005, 05:03 PM

Not wanting to rain on your parade chief, but it is a NEWS paper we are talking about here, they dont exactly cover themselves in glory when it comes to the FULL facts or unbiased reporting.

yeah but the telegraph is a broadhseet there not allowed to lie, where as a tabloid are allowed to 'embelish' the truth

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 05:05 PM
since when did them being a broadsheet not allow them to lie????? every newspaper over emphasises the truth.

oldbugger
05-10-2005, 05:26 PM
hmmmmmmmm.. i really don't see how it changes much at all to be honest. gonna have a good search about for more info, but its not really going to change anything,

massplanck
05-10-2005, 05:27 PM
just apply for multiple licences 20 metres away from each other and call them seperate parties. ie multi rigged parties

:lol:

fresh_an_funky_design
05-10-2005, 05:38 PM
since when did them being a broadsheet not allow them to lie????? every newspaper over emphasises the truth.

i might be wrong but i think broadsheet papers arn't allowed to lie by law,

JamieBall
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't recall that having stopped them numerous times in the past...

RDR
05-10-2005, 05:58 PM
hmmmmmmmm.. i really don't see how it changes much at all to be honest. gonna have a good search about for more info, but its not really going to change anything,

OB is right. this changes nothing in my book.

oldbugger
05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
well it does if you want to bother yourself trying to put on a legalish party. and apply for licenses and all that shit. but thats not really what its about in my opinion.

i cant see how this will change anything at all in the free party scene. maybe better for people in cities etc but we pretty much dont have a problem finding places out of the way like they do anyway.

alsynthe
05-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't recall that having stopped them numerous times in the past...

exactly my point. every newspaper has been sued for slander etc at somepoint, and wot is slander if it isnt lies????

schlongfingers
05-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I'd love some links regarding the 'tabloid allowed to lie / broadsheets not allowed to lie' assertion.. maybe this explains why the broadsheets are moving to tabloid format :D

schlongfingers
05-10-2005, 09:51 PM
In terms of free parties I don't think this really makes a difference, it'll be impossible to guarantee 500 so organisers may as well carry on as usual, hire documents for the equipment, sensible locations etc etc

What this does mean is that the idea of setting up legal parties in previously unused locations is very appealing, do it by the book, find a great building, negotiate with the owner, get the permit, hire or provide your own rig and have a laugh without risk of losing everything. This could be quite a healthy development, and a great alternative to facing the stark choise of either using an established venue with their security, their opening hours and their issues, or diy and running the risk of losing the rig and getting criminal records.

Jack
05-10-2005, 11:37 PM
It says the police can still object on crime and disorder.

I can imagine the answer.

No licence, unless public liability, health and safety assesment, no techno etc etc

crime
06-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Bottom line is, this was an article in the Telegraph (Of all places) to scare their readers about a new bit of legeslation that MIGHT make "ILLIGAL RAVES SHOCK HORROR" slightly legal.. fact is, doesn't work like that, so I wouldn't start popping the champagne corks yet... for christ sake use your brains, you really think the first place you're going to find out about that is the Daily Telegraph... do you have IQ's over 50???

Maybe if you would have read it in schnews ( http://www.schnews.org.uk/ ) it would be something to get excited about....

acidsaturation
06-10-2005, 12:17 PM
This is blatantly just a way to try and make money by charging liscensing fees, and tighten the noose on people who don't get a liscence.

Yeah, maybe it creates an easier way to put on legal parties in buildings etc, but then that's just gonna become an extension of clubland and more of a money spinner for the big boyz.

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 12:19 PM
sound sliek the only people who will benefit form this will be tribal gathering

TechMouse
06-10-2005, 12:23 PM
"All the fun of illegal raves, without the illegality... (or fun)"

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 12:24 PM
we mite aswell just go a club then

Louk
06-10-2005, 12:39 PM
mate this is wicked news

who's gonna raid saltram and dartmoor and up here with me :)

ahhahaha

Louk

jon connor
06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
well it does if you want to bother yourself trying to put on a legalish party. and apply for licenses and all that shit. but thats not really what its about in my opinion.

i cant see how this will change anything at all in the free party scene. maybe better for people in cities etc but we pretty much dont have a problem finding places out of the way like they do anyway.

agreed fella.

jon connor
06-10-2005, 01:45 PM
In terms of free parties I don't think this really makes a difference, it'll be impossible to guarantee 500 so organisers may as well carry on as usual, hire documents for the equipment, sensible locations etc etc

What this does mean is that the idea of setting up legal parties in previously unused locations is very appealing, do it by the book, find a great building, negotiate with the owner, get the permit, hire or provide your own rig and have a laugh without risk of losing everything. This could be quite a healthy development, and a great alternative to facing the stark choise of either using an established venue with their security, their opening hours and their issues, or diy and running the risk of losing the rig and getting criminal records.

:clap: im with you here fella its exactly wot i was thinking when i first heard the news.it is in a small way a small step forward. ;)

jon connor
06-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Bottom line is, this was an article in the Telegraph (Of all places) to scare their readers about a new bit of legeslation that MIGHT make "ILLIGAL RAVES SHOCK HORROR" slightly legal.. fact is, doesn't work like that, so I wouldn't start popping the champagne corks yet... for christ sake use your brains, you really think the first place you're going to find out about that is the Daily Telegraph... do you have IQ's over 50???

Maybe if you would have read it in schnews ( http://www.schnews.org.uk/ ) it would be something to get excited about....

um sorry mate but the first place i heard it as i said in my first post was on my brekfast news before work yesterday morning.. and leave out the iq bullshit we having a good discussion here... i see your point mate dont get me wrong chill on the insults and get with the programme dude, easy now man lets find out some more info on this, thats why i posted this thread ;)

jon connor
06-10-2005, 01:55 PM
This is blatantly just a way to try and make money by charging liscensing fees, and tighten the noose on people who don't get a liscence.

Yeah, maybe it creates an easier way to put on legal parties in buildings etc, but then that's just gonna become an extension of clubland and more of a money spinner for the big boyz.

:eh: great point there man i was thinking these things to its all a bit sketchy at the mo. i must admit when i first heard on the news i was excited ,but the more i think about it , it keeps puttin me on a downer wot real benifits will free parties get out of this :?: :roll:

jon connor
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM

yea is why i was chuffed when i heard this because we have many sites in north wales to on such an event like we did in the past.and this my friend is why if this stuff goes through then we gunna be avinit big time with new festivals in north wales and i deffo no some friends in cornwal will be to ;)

kai
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
This sounds on the face of it to be some really great news, but I think it will only really apply to indoor venues such as village halls etc, where fire regulations etc can be met in order to get the licence. Also, it won't necessarily be that cheap to get the licence, which will be another cost the promoter of the party will have to think about.

However, it is still good news, as it will make it easier for underground parties to take place and to find venues, as at the moment there is a shortage of clubs willing to put underground events on, and so being more able to put parties on in alternative venues is definately a good thing, although with the cost of the licence to take into accout these parties may not necessarily be free.

jon connor
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM
This sounds on the face of it to be some really great news, but I think it will only really apply to indoor venues such as village halls etc, where fire regulations etc can be met in order to get the licence. Also, it won't necessarily be that cheap to get the licence, which will be another cost the promoter of the party will have to think about.

However, it is still good news, as it will make it easier for underground parties to take place and to find venues, as at the moment there is a shortage of clubs willing to put underground events on, and so being more able to put parties on in alternative venues is definately a good thing, although with the cost of the licence to take into accout these parties may not necessarily be free.

nice kai , yea its a bit weird how this is gunna work , and also licence cost will be a big thing , but however it will make things more easy to put a decent underground event on. ;) thanks for that its put a diffrent shed of light on things dude. :clap:

analog tactic
06-10-2005, 02:26 PM
We found the prices on i think guildford councils website.

The prices vairy on location, from about 70-400, sounds like you can get them for outdoor events, but i am sure your gonna need some way of making sure there are adiquete toliets and things, it wont be easy to get and i think you would need a way of proving only 500 are going to attend.

jon connor
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM
yea man a problem :eh:

analog tactic
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Oxford say:-

Temporary Event Notices
Temporary Event Notices are for temporary events involving licensable activities.

Such activities can include the sale of alcohol, but the organiser does not need a Personal Licence. Unlike a Premises Licence, you do not have to advertise the application.

Only the police can object to a Temporary Event Notice, on the grounds of crime and disorder. If they do object, the event cannot go ahead unless it is possible to find a solution by negotiation.

A Temporary Event Notice will cost £21.00.

How to apply
Temporary Event Notices are not yet available. The Government will release the necessary forms soon.

Temporary Event Notices cannot be used for events that take place before 24 Nov 2005, but the Regulations and the notices themselves are expected to be available for completion later this year.

Using a Temporary Event Notice
The organiser sends a Temporary Event Notice to the licensing authority, with a copy to the police, at least two weeks before the event will start. We recommend sending notice much earlier than this.

Using Temporary Event Notices for a series of events
It will be possible to send a series of Temporary Event Notices together (for the academic year, for example) provided that the first of the events is at least two weeks from the sending date.

Large-scale events
For larger events it is advisable to send the Temporary Event Notice in earlier and to discuss the arrangements with the police beforehand.

Notes and Regulations
While the Regulations are not yet finalised, many of the provisional details already known are likely to remain the same. For further details, please see the Government's Question and Answer page on the subject.

analog tactic
06-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Southhampton Says

Temporary Event Notices
Temporary event notices (TENs) can be given to permit any of the licensable activities subject to limits on the number of such notices which can be given by an individual or for specific premises. No TEN can be given for an event taking place before the 24th November 2005.

A summary of the law, issued by DCMS, appears below.

Notice will need to be given in writing in the prescribed form (see the link below to the DCMS proposals) to the Council (two copies, with the fee of £21.00) and the Police, and this will need to be at least 10 working days before the event starts. Longer notice will be advantageous, especially where there is a defect in the notice or if objection by the Police is likely, but notices too far in advance (more than six months) may be difficult for the Police to assess and might lead to objections which could otherwise be avoided.

Because of the legal provisions, neither the Police nor the Council will be able to accept such notices by e-mail or fax. TENs will be acknowledged by the Council to the premises user.

It will be possible to give a TEN for any premises, including those which already have premises licences or club premises certificates.

The main restrictions on TENs are as follows:

The event may not have more than 499 people (including staff and organisers) attending at any one time.
An individual is limited to giving 5 TENs in one calendar year, unless they hold a personal licence for the sale of alcohol, in which case they can give no more than 50 TENs.
A limit of 12 TENs may be given in respect of any particular premises in a calendar year.
An event authorised by a TEN may last for no more than 96 hours.
The maximum aggregate duration of the periods covered by TENs at any individual premises is 15 days.
On receipt of a TEN, if the proposed event is not within these restrictions, a counter notice will be issued by the Council and the event will not be authorised.

The Police may only object on crime and disorder grounds, and if they do, notice of a hearing by the Council's Licensing Committee will be given. The Committee can decide to ignore or uphold the Police objection.

Please note that it is not yet possible for TENs to be given, because the necessary regulations have not yet been made by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.

On 9th August 2005 the DCMS issued a consultation on permitted temporary activities and temporary event notices, including draft regulations and forms - please follow the link below.

looks like i was wrong about the sum of money, looks to be £21 standard price.

kai
06-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Hmm, now that is a good deal - £21 is nothing really!

RDR
06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Longer notice will be advantageous, especially where there is a defect in the notice or if objection by the Police is likely

thats the bit that gets my attention...

jon connor
06-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Oxford say:-

Temporary Event Notices
Temporary Event Notices are for temporary events involving licensable activities.

Such activities can include the sale of alcohol, but the organiser does not need a Personal Licence. Unlike a Premises Licence, you do not have to advertise the application.

Only the police can object to a Temporary Event Notice, on the grounds of crime and disorder. If they do object, the event cannot go ahead unless it is possible to find a solution by negotiation.

A Temporary Event Notice will cost £21.00.

How to apply
Temporary Event Notices are not yet available. The Government will release the necessary forms soon.

Temporary Event Notices cannot be used for events that take place before 24 Nov 2005, but the Regulations and the notices themselves are expected to be available for completion later this year.

Using a Temporary Event Notice
The organiser sends a Temporary Event Notice to the licensing authority, with a copy to the police, at least two weeks before the event will start. We recommend sending notice much earlier than this.

Using Temporary Event Notices for a series of events
It will be possible to send a series of Temporary Event Notices together (for the academic year, for example) provided that the first of the events is at least two weeks from the sending date.

Large-scale events
For larger events it is advisable to send the Temporary Event Notice in earlier and to discuss the arrangements with the police beforehand.

Notes and Regulations
While the Regulations are not yet finalised, many of the provisional details already known are likely to remain the same. For further details, please see the Government's Question and Answer page on the subject.

thankyou very much for that info analogue tactic great input thanks a lot dude :clap:

jon connor
06-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Longer notice will be advantageous, especially where there is a defect in the notice or if objection by the Police is likely

thats the bit that gets my attention...

hmmmmmmmmmmm me to :roll:

analog tactic
06-10-2005, 03:34 PM
well, you can get one for up to 96 hours :lol: 3 DAY LEGAL RAVE PARTY FROM HELL

w0w, didnt think i would hear myself say that anytime soon.

one thing, you can get a licence up to 12 times a year for a particular venue, meaning you could cain a squat or field once a month, wonder how the locals would like that :nono:

jon connor
06-10-2005, 03:43 PM
:lol: i smell a rise in uk techno parties :lol: well i hope so and this news has got to motivate a few people aye ;)

jon connor
06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
location.....location....location....... :?:

analog tactic
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
i hope so, there hasnt been too much in the way of techno this year, its been mainly hard trance and hardstyle

RDR
06-10-2005, 05:33 PM
i hope so, there hasnt been too much in the way of techno this year, its been mainly hard trance and hardstyle

not in scotland mate...or York.

oldbugger
06-10-2005, 05:39 PM

not in scotland mate...or York.

the whole of the north west is just techno at the moment. you would be hard pushed to find anything else

acidsaturation
07-10-2005, 09:49 AM

That's fair.

Do think it gives more ammo against illegal parties though...

Jay Pace
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM

i might be wrong but i think broadsheet papers arn't allowed to lie by law,

Broadsheet papers can print anything they want. As can (and as do) tabloids. They just run the risk of being sued for libel.

But they can be hideously factually incorrect, distort details as much as they please etc...

The government can in exceptional circumstances issue orders preventing the press from reporting certain issues, and people can apply for injunctions preventing papers from publishing details of their private lives.

The press are in the business of selling papers at the end of the day. Sensationalising issues such as these sells papers.

fresh_an_funky_design
07-10-2005, 12:10 PM
ah right.. **** knows where i got that information from then!

iffi
08-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Not with us it isn't...

eyeswithoutaface
08-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Not with us it isn't...

certainly not with us, its been a veritable techno haven up north for most of the year, and its not looking like slowing down either

jon connor
08-10-2005, 03:15 PM
:lol: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baby! :lol: hahahahahah! and will get more techno busy up here to if this law comes through. ;)

Louk
09-10-2005, 06:28 PM
this really is good news :)

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==