PDA

View Full Version : The man they call LennyDee

digitalboy
06-10-2005, 09:14 PM
just had a look in bangin Tunes, he seems to be doing a lot of collaborations, especialy on a few of the acid labels.
Has he got his own label? :roll:

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
industrial strength trance (ist), bastard loud, think hes got a few more techno labels not sure tbh

conflict
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
done some max min aswell

digitalboy
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
powertools 29 is pretty cool, the A sides got a kind of old school feel to it.

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 09:25 PM
hes on about lennys own labels

digitalboy
06-10-2005, 09:30 PM
yeh i know. Does he still have that long hair?

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 09:36 PM
nope, hes got short back and sides now,

conflict
06-10-2005, 09:41 PM
nope, hes got short back and sides now,

:lol:

thought he went for the crew cut £3.99 special

alsynthe
06-10-2005, 09:55 PM
haha he had short bak and sides at antithesis in liverpool a few months ago

conflict
06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
quality

RDR
07-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Lenny D..

now there's a name.

serox
07-10-2005, 08:55 AM
just had a look in bangin Tunes, he seems to be doing a lot of collaborations, especialy on a few of the acid labels.
Has he got his own label? :roll:

poor fella. he use to make such good music:( all this stuff on UK labels is the worse music i have heard.

should have stuck to the hardcore side of things, london techno trance is doing him no favors.

tocsin
07-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Industrial Movement is a collab label between him and Promo. He's been doing some different stuff as of late. Some of the techno stuff he's doing now is kinda cool. Bastard Loud is still putting stuff out. Plus, I think there's a new IST coming out soon.

FuK-NuT
07-10-2005, 02:22 PM
u cant pigeon hole lenny....he's doing it all.

canni mix worth a hoot tho but all the same, Respect to the wee man!

;)

07-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Lenny started with Industrial Strength and then split it into ISR and IST and also has industrial movement which is half of I.S. and Third Movement in Holland, as well as bastardloud.

He's always played and represented techno. in fact he started out in disco, then house (just play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and turn on the SFUR acid house station to find one of his classics featured).

Being one of the main pioneers of Hardcore did have a -ve side. People forgot very quickly he was also a techno pioneer and was instantly pigeon-holed (unjustly) and has even been slagged for playing techno (probably by narrow-minded kids too young to remember his early days).

He's been pushing the techno side of things again recently to try and shake off some of that -ve pigeon-holeing by working with loads of people like K.Katz, Promo as well as collaborating on the London labels (Maximum Minimum, Powertools etc..) Ok, so he dosen't play or make the full on 303 madness of labels like Stay Up Forever but will hammer out some of the more techno-based imprints they have to offer.

Ok Serox, you may not like the recent collaborations and that's fine. Personal taste and all that..., but Lenny's never just stuck to Hardcore. He's always made and played music right across the board from disco to electro to the hardest, sickest s**t on the planet.

fatcollective
07-10-2005, 02:54 PM
poor fella. he use to make such good music:( all this stuff on UK labels is the worse music i have heard.

should have stuck to the hardcore side of things, london techno trance is doing him no favors.

:nono:

JamieBall
07-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Me and Lenny are working on some KILLERS.

Mark my words.

And it's got nothing to do with London, I live in the BARRENS.

More news as it comes, but rest assured - IT IS BATTLE GEAR.

serox
07-10-2005, 03:47 PM

Me and Lenny are working on some KILLERS.

Mark my words.

And it's got nothing to do with London, I live in the BARRENS.

More news as it comes, but rest assured - IT IS BATTLE GEAR.

yeh looking forward to it, bones said there was some ok new stuff. bits i have heard is the kinda stuff i throw away tho :(

serox
07-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Lenny started with Industrial Strength and then split it into ISR and IST and also has industrial movement which is half of I.S. and Third Movement in Holland, as well as bastardloud.

He's always played and represented techno. in fact he started out in disco, then house (just play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and turn on the SFUR acid house station to find one of his classics featured).

Being one of the main pioneers of Hardcore did have a -ve side. People forgot very quickly he was also a techno pioneer and was instantly pigeon-holed (unjustly) and has even been slagged for playing techno (probably by narrow-minded kids too young to remember his early days).

He's been pushing the techno side of things again recently to try and shake off some of that -ve pigeon-holeing by working with loads of people like K.Katz, Promo as well as collaborating on the London labels (Maximum Minimum, Powertools etc..) Ok, so he dosen't play or make the full on 303 madness of labels like Stay Up Forever but will hammer out some of the more techno-based imprints they have to offer.

Ok Serox, you may not like the recent collaborations and that's fine. Personal taste and all that..., but Lenny's never just stuck to Hardcore. He's always made and played music right across the board from disco to electro to the hardest, sickest s**t on the planet.

to be honest, i think he startd making more boring club techno around the same time Marc Acardipane stopped making hardcore.

i really think he would have been better off sticking to the hardcore stuff and leave this trance alone. :dontevengothere:

tocsin
07-10-2005, 04:11 PM
i really think he would have been better off sticking to the hardcore stuff and leave this trance alone.

May not be the case for him, but I know it is for me. Simply, hardcore is dead in NYC. It's dead as a doornail and the crowd that would love to hear Lenny doing old IS style hardcore again most likely are kids who weren't their the first time around and are so dusted up that all they do is bring trouble. I kinda like the route he's taken. Certainly, I enjoyed his old hardcore tracks more, but I like the fact that he hasn't stuck to doing just that simply because a small minority expect him to. I heard some techno/electro stuff he's working on the other week which is pretty cool. Not so much my cup of tea but, for people into that sound, they will like it. Meanwhile, the whole time he's been doing this, he's been putting out new hardcore artists on the ISR, IST and Bastard Loud labels. He most likely could have just as easilly solicited tracks from all the old established IS acts to sell on a name and, instead, he took a bunch of unknowns and is continuing to do such releases at this moment just
because he likes the sound. I really don't know too many artists, who also run labels, that operate in such a manner. The love of popularity usually results in sticking to a formula and sticking with names. And, hell, when you live in a city where the sound you may be known for is practically non-existant and unappreciated by most, why bother continuing to write that shit? You just might not be feeling it in such a situation.

koma
07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
lenny dee deserves maximum respect, i dont care what someone says... :clap:

the idea of not wanting to be labeled is a big + for him...

Mindful
07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Ive got some pretty good techno(ish) stuff on Industrial strenth by him.
Costic visions on Industrial strenth is wicked

audioinjection
07-10-2005, 11:31 PM
hes got some phat industrial hardcore he's worked on with tieum and promo

conflict
07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
was he part of DOA?

unleash the brutality is the most hardcore tune i've ever heard

:rambo:

koma
08-10-2005, 10:50 AM
was he part of DOA?

unleash the brutality is the most hardcore tune i've ever heard

:rambo:

no, but they were important act on his label...
until one of them died :cry: dont know how..

I also heard Sal Mineo is a director or owner of a bank (in NY I believe).. tocsin, can u confirm that? :eh: I'm just curious ;)

DOA f**kin ruled...
Heroes of Hardcore 3xCD.. mix by Rob Gee ending with three DOA traxx.. pure anger :rambo:

DJ Becka
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
no, but they were important act on his label...
until one of them died :cry: dont know how..

I also heard Sal Mineo is a director or owner of a bank (in NY I believe).. tocsin, can u confirm that? :eh: I'm just curious ;)

DOA f**kin ruled...
Heroes of Hardcore 3xCD.. mix by Rob Gee ending with three DOA traxx.. pure anger :rambo:

Nicky Fingers died of a herion overdose......such a shame too....he was a very talented dj/producer :(

jon connor
09-10-2005, 11:19 AM

yea man i was over in the nerve camp recently with kay and alex and they were showing me some of the stuff with lenny he sounds a crazy guy, there is a track they did kay lenny and danno from holland it has a recording of lenny voice in summit like "ok dudes we have a take" i cant remember the label but its a cool track. i think you may see more of lenny on the dutch labels especially dj promos stuff , havent heard him on men in motion yet but i think in time we may see outings on there by him also with another hardcore fav doing techno luke mcmillan , i hope soon canny wait like really digging wot promo is doing on the third movement projects with guys like these its good stuff :clap:

jon connor
09-10-2005, 11:22 AM
also has anyone hears lenny`s track on the playstation game san andrea ( grand theft auto ) fairplay cool if you can get your work sighend to sony fairplay to him man top geeza. ;)

Mindful
09-10-2005, 05:26 PM
also has anyone hears lenny`s track on the playstation game san andrea ( grand theft auto ) fairplay cool if you can get your work sighend to sony fairplay to him man top geeza. ;)

Realy?
wich track is that?

Must mention one of the third movement tracks ive got aswell.Cant remember its name but its got a sample in it "I called you"
I know the track on the other sides called"trash talkin"

09-10-2005, 06:30 PM
San Andreas SFUR house station. Written under the name Fallout (L.Dee & Thomas Musto) Tracks called The Morning After.
Classic!!!!

wrong
09-10-2005, 07:31 PM
The man was jointly responsible for Looney Tunes and O-zone breakdown.... and seems a nice guy - respecct, although i have to echo that i'm not feeling much of his recent techhno stuff

Mindful
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
He seems like a nice chap too saw him play at Speices in Manc.
When he walked in he was buzzin off the local boys who were on playing techno.
Then he stuck around after his set to check out the rest of the lads playing.

Hes about 2 feet tall tho :lol: (like me :cry: )

nekro
10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
I thought Lenny's set was quite good at Drop The Bomb II, sometimes he pings cos he's too buzzing though. He still produces loads of hardcore tracks and has never sold out - the man deserves loads of respect for evrything he has given to the scene.

jon connor
11-10-2005, 10:32 AM
yea man i wasent sure on the track name but i new he did somthing on it cool cheers for that mate. ;)

jon connor
11-10-2005, 10:34 AM
San Andreas SFUR house station. Written under the name Fallout (L.Dee & Thomas Musto) Tracks called The Morning After.
Classic!!!!

:clap: cheers man.

JamieBall
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Must mention one of the third movement tracks ive got aswell.Cant remember its name but its got a sample in it "I called you"
I know the track on the other sides called"trash talkin"[/quote]

It's sampled from Lil Louis - I CALLED YOU.

****ing monstrous hardcore tune. Also always been feelin' "CONSTANT FILTH" by Promo/Dee. Quite dutch sounding but I like 'em.

"WHY CAN'T WE START AGAIN"

11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
no worries jon.

278d7e64a374de26f==