aggressor
15-07-2003, 02:25 AM
here is the latest tune from protocol 41

please let me know ure coments, any help would be great

www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/june2003through160desk3.mp3

The Divide
15-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Halo from mexico...

I would take out that offbeat bass/synth at the start (perhaps replace with a sub bass), kinda reminded me of hard house. I liked how it sounded at 3.42. If it was me would try and start it off like that. when the kick and bass came out i noticed there was a lot of bass on your other sounds, maybe you should eq that out as it sounded a tad confusing on the lows. That flanged vocoding sounding thing sounded absolutley mental, I loved that, gave the track idenetity!. Sorted amigo, hope that helps.

I have to go now and catch the next donkey into Guanajuato. Keep it up man

Adverse
15-07-2003, 02:09 PM
ha ha ha :) i heard catching donkey's isn't particularly easy :P

The Divide
15-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Yeah its easy, I just stick my thumb out and it pulls in. Just like getting the bus you lil gringo!

aggressor
15-07-2003, 10:15 PM
come on !!!

53 views and only one constructive coment :shock:

Vin-iLL
15-07-2003, 11:52 PM
I think Fernando gave a pretty constructive comment there !

I've listened to your track and I pretty much feel the same way about it as Fernando.
You should start with 03:40 and build it up really gentle....Not with a very loud and too clean bassline at 0:37. I also think it would sound way better if you EQ the sample you've used for the "melody". It's also too loud....Maybe a little more cut off should do the trick.

Please forgive me, sometimes it's hard to discribe how you feel about something in a language which is not your native one.

The Divide
16-07-2003, 02:36 AM
53 views and only one constructive coment

Yeah, not enougth people take the time out to feedback in the files section imo. I am on 56k connection but still like to listen to other peoples tracks on here, its a good way of seeing how differant people work and often gives me ideas.

aggressor
16-07-2003, 03:08 AM
well thanks m8 for your time and effort it is much appretiated

bryan sleiter
16-07-2003, 03:01 PM
I like the feel of this.

The bassline/low synth is nice, I like it best at the begining of the track, where the elements have room to breathe. before the higher synth comes in.
Once this next synth comes in, it changes the feel of the track.....maybe it's too loud. Perhaps if that synth sound was present from the start, but slowly filtered up into the mix?

anyway, nice dark percussive techno.

aggressor
16-07-2003, 09:42 PM
I would take out that offbeat bass/synth at the start (perhaps replace with a sub bass), That flanged vocoding sounding thing sounded absolutley mental, I loved that, gave the track idenetity!.

Not with a very loud and too clean bassline at 0:37.

The bassline/low synth is nice, I like it best at the begining of the track, where the elements have room to breathe. before the higher synth comes in.

so, thanks for the comments but i am now confused about what to do with the track, it obviously needs more work, but where do i start, lots of different opinions. and would appear that i should start the track at 03:40 and work backwards. I suppose what i really would like to know now is, should i just scrap it completely and start again or should i really try and sort this thing out . I don't want to use the same sounds again, but it would be a shame to waste them. so any further views would be appreciated. I would also just like to point out that this track has not been eq,d or mastered in any way, it is just the rough mix that i have uploaded to get reactions and views on the general feel.

:)

The Divide
16-07-2003, 10:28 PM
I would say follow your own instinct, every ones differant. Why not try some new drums in there, swop things around and see what works for you. Take it all the way to the end, I dont see any reason to scrap it.

professor
16-07-2003, 10:46 PM
I agree, follow your own thang. New sounds, especially break through techno is gonna be found by someone willing to take chances. Follow your ears...if your still not satisfied, leave it for another day, maybe another month or year.

I think you should never scrap projects. Instead save the file to disk and store it for later.

Innovate. Experiment. You may turn out to be the next Jeff Mills or Juan Atkins (just to name the bare few. But I'm from the midwest so I gotta give the love to DETROIT!).

YA BIZULNITCH DETRIZOIT...ok i'm done.

278d7e64a374de26f==