PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some vinyl manufacturers please

Oxen Blank
08-10-2005, 02:50 PM
Hi!
I'm looking for some good working people manufacturing vinyls and and maybe new distributions for my next work... Could you help me?

morphamish
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Liquid are quite good and cheap too. Their website ain't up to much to look at but their plant is decent and they're friendly too. When I went there they were pressing a Roni Size record so if its good enough for him...

www.liquidmastering.co.uk

Ritzi Lee
09-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Master Music / Belgium, Germany

MPO / France, Germany, UK

Record Industry / Netherlands

Curvedpressings / UK

Oxen Blank
09-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks! i will check them.

fresh_an_funky_design
09-10-2005, 06:01 PM
in my experience records coming out of the liquid plant have been badly mastered.. but thats not to say there a bad plant.
i recommend curve pressings, lawrie does a good job on the mastering, oh and dont use redemption they're a scam and they'll rip you off

Ritzi Lee
09-10-2005, 07:18 PM
in my experience records coming out of the liquid plant have been badly mastered.. but thats not to say there a bad plant.
i recommend curve pressings, lawrie does a good job on the mastering, oh and dont use redemption they're a scam and they'll rip you off

Don't confuse curvedpressings with curvepusher.
2 different companies, all with different purposes.

curvepusher = master studio
curved pressings = pressing plant

morphamish
09-10-2005, 07:27 PM
@Fresh an funky sorry its 'total vinyl' thats the pressing plant for liquid, but they are contactable through liquid mastering. The plant is across the road from the mastering house. I agree with you about the mastering side of things there.

@Ritzi just waiting on a quote back from mpo, cheers for that!

What do folk think of alchemy for mastering?

fresh_an_funky_design
09-10-2005, 08:28 PM

Don't confuse curvedpressings with curvepusher.
2 different companies, all with different purposes.

curvepusher = master studio
curved pressings = pressing plant

yeah i know, but i go to curve pusher get my records mastered, give them some money and a few weeks later we have a shed load of vinyl. I see it as one company even though its two!

fresh_an_funky_design
09-10-2005, 08:30 PM
@Fresh an funky sorry its 'total vinyl' thats the pressing plant for liquid, but they are contactable through liquid mastering. The plant is across the road from the mastering house. I agree with you about the mastering side of things there.

@Ritzi just waiting on a quote back from mpo, cheers for that!

What do folk think of alchemy for mastering?

if you've got the money go to 'The Exhange' there awesome for mastering. But a much more viable option is getting them mastered at curve pusher as there a lot cheaper, and its a fixed price not by the hour, which can be very expensive.

Louk
09-10-2005, 10:21 PM
redemption BITE

do not use them

Louk

JohnnySideways
12-10-2005, 06:06 PM
well we used curvepusher in the past...but theyre a bit expensive these days...so now use liquid

278d7e64a374de26f==