PDA

View Full Version : Should Sven be axed?

djfase
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
After the latest poor performance by England should he be sacked???

This didnt start with the denmark game. There were problems when spain beat us last year in a friendly. We look lacklustre

Surely the manager is to blame. He picks the players, the tactics, and in my opinion it lies with him. Fair enough the players play the actual game but sven picks those that do.

We have scraped the group in all honesty and i wouldnt have fancied are chances of beating the poles if the dutch didnt do us a favour last night.

phantomdj
09-10-2005, 10:00 PM
i am unsure.. would other managers drop lampard and give gerrard the midfield he needs to show his world class ability???

we need a hamann in that england midfield so that he can terrorise the opposition. one that will allow becks to do his role too.

Traxx
09-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah sack him & give it to Alan Shearer :roll:

dan the acid man
09-10-2005, 10:33 PM
no, people always blame the manager when we do crap, its plainly the players at fault here, if they cant play well in a qualification match, then they shouldn't be playing

Louk
09-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah definitely - he looked so calm when any other person in his field would be going nuts.

Louk

phantomdj
09-10-2005, 10:44 PM
what does it matter if he looks calm? im not defending him, but im very sure all the others lining up to take his slot would play the same shit....

we neeed a real team.. not one of hosana individuals... drop the chelsea folk
:neutral: and richardson? what a loser :doh:

dan the acid man
09-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah definitely - he looked so calm when any other person in his field would be going nuts.

Louk

like i've said millions of times, if a player can only get fired up for an important match by having the manager shouting at him, then that player needs to take a long hard look at himself

Numeric
10-10-2005, 12:02 AM
we neeed a real team.. not one of hosana individuals... drop the chelsea folk
:neutral: and richardson? what a loser :doh:

Richardson is coming along well but has suffered a little recently because Utd are playing him out of position and he's finding it difficult. I'd prefer him on the left wing to any other player England have to choose from right now...

phantomdj
10-10-2005, 07:44 AM
yeah fair dos about richardson, but this system is terrible... and the player selection is wrong. it is simply not a team, but a set of individuals... he needs to make a team around his best players, but would a new manager just do the same as sven?

french_og
10-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Fair play there is a funny smell of bull shit coming from this post - drop Lampard- thats the most stupid coment i have ever heard. Have you ever played football?

Drop the Chelsea Folk? Lampard and Terry were the 2 best players last season and showing it again this season. Joe Cole is one of the only natural skillfull players we have and one that likes to run at players.

Ok England haven´t played brilliant as a team yet but they have still made it to the World Cup, it isn´t always easy against lesser teams that are in our groùp especially when they are home nations who are out for a battle. We are there, even Spain are 2nd in there weak group and are yet to qualify.

Everyone knows nearly what the best side is when fit, only Richarsdson and J Cole on the left and the centre back position are really debatable - Robinson, A Cole, G Nevile, Terry, Campbell, J Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Rooney, Owen.

I´m not too worried about the poor performances now, its better to peak at the World Cup and the month before when they are all together training on a daily basis is a chance for them to really start playing as a team.

Will
10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Let's not forget that that Sven always has the option to drop players if they're not playing well, the way he panders to the stars their stand ins must be chomping at the bit to take their place and it's not like we have no strength outside Sven's first 11. The buck must stop with him even if you don't think he should be motivating his players (which his calm demeanour is hardly likely to do, probably brings them down if anything).

And if Sven can't be expected to motivate the players what exactly does he do for his money? His experiment with tactics only served to unsettle the players and pointed to his poor decision making... He only dared drop Rio because he himself said his form hadn't been good and we had Sol to come in who's at least the same level.

phantomdj
10-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Fair play there is a funny smell of bull shit coming from this post - drop Lampard- thats the most stupid coment i have ever heard. Have you ever played football?

Drop the Chelsea Folk? Lampard and Terry were the 2 best players last season and showing it again this season. Joe Cole is one of the only natural skillfull players we have and one that likes to run at players.

Ok England haven´t played brilliant as a team yet but they have still made it to the World Cup, it isn´t always easy against lesser teams that are in our groùp especially when they are home nations who are out for a battle. We are there, even Spain are 2nd in there weak group and are yet to qualify.

Everyone knows nearly what the best side is when fit, only Richarsdson and J Cole on the left and the centre back position are really debatable - Robinson, A Cole, G Nevile, Terry, Campbell, J Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Rooney, Owen.

I´m not too worried about the poor performances now, its better to peak at the World Cup and the month before when they are all together training on a daily basis is a chance for them to really start playing as a team.

it's you chatting shit... england have been terrible and are very lucky to be there. for starters and lampard is a waste. either give gerrard the midfield he needs, or play lampard (thus dropping gerrard) and give him what he needs. it's pretty obvious the one moulded around gerrard will be far more successful.

jam
10-10-2005, 07:03 PM
There is no point sacking him at this stage,it should have been done along time ago,i dunno if less then a year without any more competetive games would be great preperation for a new boss?

We have made our bed so we must lie in it and just pray,that something sparks and we deliver.

dan the acid man
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
lampard shit, you having a laugh :doh:

its gerrard whos been playing crap for england, but they're still both quality players

macca
10-10-2005, 08:03 PM
lampard shit, you having a laugh :doh:

its gerrard whos been playing crap for england, but they're still both quality players

who hasnt been shite 4 england????????????? id say the whole team were shite end of ;) an 2 the gerrard comment he was the only player 4 me who had a decent game last sat well if ye can call it that, an he plays how erickson tells him 2 play which is sit back an break things up this really winds me up he should be gettin forward when ever he can 2 create things ;)

djfase
10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
At the end of the day england need a keane or viera. Some one who is gonna sit in front of the back four and mop up.

Gerrard and lampard are too similar and i agree they cant play in the same side but who would u drop? Both are superb players.

We need to play as a team and that is for sven to sort out. Hes the manager, he needs to make the decisions. Thats what hes paid for.

Who would be our holding midfielder tho? Ive not got a clue

french_og
10-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Surely Gerrard is a good enough ballwinner to do that job and should be more disiplined to do it. What England lack is more quality in the midfield, a skillfull flare player, a Gazza who will run at and scare players.

Gerrard can be the ballwinner and also give more to the side if needed going forward. Conceding goals haven´t really been our problem, its scoring them. Poland have scored 25 goals in this group compared to England 15.

phantomdj
10-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Surely Gerrard is a good enough ballwinner to do that job and should be more disiplined to do it. What England lack is more quality in the midfield, a skillfull flare player, a Gazza who will run at and scare players.

Gerrard can be the ballwinner and also give more to the side if needed going forward. Conceding goals haven´t really been our problem, its scoring them. Poland have scored 25 goals in this group compared to England 15.

all you have to do is watch gerrard at liverpool... when does he excel? when hamann sits back, then gerrard has all the energy to roam forward and create things.... making him change his game for england defies the point of having chosen him, no? and he is better than lampard, so why accomodate lampard by losing so much of what gerrard offers by giving him that 'ball winning' role. we do need a keane, thats for sure.

Hakka
11-10-2005, 06:13 AM
There is no point sacking him at this stage,it should have been done along time ago,i dunno if less then a year without any more competetive games would be great preperation for a new boss?

We have made our bed so we must lie in it and just pray,that something sparks and we deliver.

I agree...

french_og
11-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Lampard scores a lot more goals and has a lot more assists than Gerrard so I know who I would prefere as the attacking option.

jam
11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
If i was to choose out of the two on performances for England i would choose Lampard,if we had a great holding player,this decision about these two would be a good problem to have but as we dont its a nightmare.

Coz who can you leave out? even tho its bad for the team we have to keep them in.

Hakka
11-10-2005, 05:35 PM
If i was to choose out of the two on performances for England i would choose Lampard,if we had a great holding player,this decision about these two would be a good problem to have but as we dont its a nightmare.

Coz who can you leave out? even tho its bad for the team we have to keep them in.

Yeah I agree too. Lampard did much more on the pitch. Does Gerrard ever shoot for England? He did provide a few tackles against Austria which were nice but you don't notice much more, which is wierd. You expect Lampard or Gerrard to piss all over oponents, proper boss the game. But they don't... they pass around and they don't commit and take control of things, just play as cogs in a wheel, never pushing things on themselves or showing the sort of game they play in the Premiership. Is Sven to blame? hmm... still not sure. He is the manager so its up to him to sort it out. Thought Euro 2004 we should some promise and if Rooney stayed injury free and we had Defoe instead of Vassell in the squad, perhaps we would of done better. Since Euro 2004 we've gone backwards performance wise. Just not looking like a team, sometimes we are all over the place.

Thought Joe Cole had some sweet passes, but were only talking about a couple.

jam
12-10-2005, 04:46 PM
I think Joe Cole is totally under rated,i think he should start for England every time,i'd like to see him on the right,i even prefer him to Shaun Wright-Phillips as he is more consistent,scores more and is alot better in the tackle.

phantomdj
12-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I think Joe Cole is totally under rated,i think he should start for England every time,i'd like to see him on the right,i even prefer him to Shaun Wright-Phillips as he is more consistent,scores more and is alot better in the tackle.

SWP is a waste of time, he is definately one of the over-rated folk.

jam
13-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Nah he was alright,he won alot of corners which,in tough games could be vital.I'd choose Becks over him though for sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==