PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Risk's No Risk At All

morphamish
10-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Here's a new track from me for folks to check. Its on the wonkier side of things. Opinions welcome... especially regards dynamics and mastering.

www.audiodacity.co.uk/Morph-Biggest_Risk's_No_Risk_At_All.mp3

Cheers

xfive
12-10-2005, 05:21 AM
I enjoyed listening to this quite a bit :clap:
The only thing really missing is much deeper bass.
Everything else sounds nice

V..
12-10-2005, 05:28 AM
This is pretty damn cool for the darker edge of wonk.
I`d say the production could use some work, although this kind of distorted stuff has a raw edge, you can still tweak it up a bit and "clean" it in a way.

I would agree with X5, in that the bass could do with more depth. And I`d also say that due to the distortion and the like, some of the edge has been taken off the top end, so maybe just add a little bit of sparkle in there.

But other than that, cool beans dude, interesting gear ;)

morphamish
12-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback.:) Yep that bassline could do with a bit of fattening and more prominance, just trying to make it operate in conjunction with the big assed kick without anything getting swamped(guess the kick won this time!) is a tad tricky, but worth getting right of course. Any suggestions?
I reckon the claps could do with more crisp definition too, I need to preserve bite in the percussive elements.
The high end has a lot going on in it, which does keep it interesting, but may be muddying it up a bit dynamically. Perhaps a bit of air up high in there with quadcomp on the mastering.

I'll get on it and post up what I come up with...

xfive
12-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Well the bass needs more body before you can really give it a proper umph otherwise it will be louder but not really thicker.
Try a saturator on the bass, followed by some compression... or if you can try layering multiple bass synths, but eq them so they mesh together nicely otherwise you will just end up with a bloody mess.
And then go ahead and compress them together.
And yes, using a multiband comp on the high end will definetly give it more sparkle.

Evil G
16-10-2005, 01:02 AM
nothing to add re the production (i agree with what's been said).

but i gotta say i freaking love the arrangement. really interesting and engaging. :clap:

morphamish
22-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks folks! Wicked to get such positive opinions. That saturator tip was ace btw, I gave it a go, some quadcomp tweakage, and also sharpened the kick a tad cos of the fatter bass. Here's the result. See what you reckon to it...
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1R343F6F5UTQE0TQOAV0MHVA67

278d7e64a374de26f==