PDA

View Full Version : ATTN GIANT AND DWARF REMIX WINNERS

BRADLEE
10-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if any of the other remix winners have heard anything lately. I talked with Crazy a while ago and they were having distro issues. Now when I try to email him to find out when the record is actually coming out, I get no response.

IS GAD dead or what????

Is the track I spent 40+ hours on going to actually get pressed as I was told? Has anyone else heard anything about this????

Please fill me in :rambo:

eyeswithoutaface
10-10-2005, 07:02 PM
there's another guy waiting 17 months so far, you'd probably best of joining the que behind him hehe

ring their offices?

BRADLEE
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
there's another guy waiting 17 months so far, you'd probably best of joining the que behind him hehe

ring their offices?

17 months is a really long time to wait for a release...wow. I think that is a bit obserd if you ask me.

No I cannot get in contact with the phones, I've tried calling but I just get a message.

xfive
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
17 months is a really long time to wait for a release...wow. I think that is a bit obserd if you ask me.

No I cannot get in contact with the phones, I've tried calling but I just get a message.

That's ricockulous.

massplanck
10-10-2005, 07:37 PM
[quote=messanger]17 months is a really long time to wait for a release...wow. I think that is a bit obserd if you ask me.

That's ricockulous.

Not really if you are a 'comp' winner. Its hardly a full fledged release though is it? I dont know GAD but if they are having problems they are having problems.

eyeswithoutaface
10-10-2005, 07:39 PM
why should it make a difference how the label have taken your tracks? end of the day it boils down to a release "yes" or "no"... the guy who posted it said his tracks got signed in June last year, way before the competition started yes?

seem's a lack of communication is the problem really

dan the acid man
10-10-2005, 07:43 PM
i dont think anybody would have any problems if they where honest and got in touch with people saying what the situation was

BRADLEE
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Well Crazy has bene honest to me telling me that they did have distro issues, but it's been a couple of months now since my last contact with him.

I'm just wondering because he used to respond to my emails and that has stopped.

eyeswithoutaface
10-10-2005, 07:51 PM
and its not like he's not been on here lately either, maybe like teaching grandma to suck lemons but maybe pm him again?

djshiva
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM
i am frustrated as well, but considering that the first track i did that got slated for release is STILL not out, i am not all that surprised.

lot of labels dealing with distro issues, and seeing as the GAD site has been down several times in the time since the contest, i would say that crazy is probably having some troubles.

communication would be lovely, yes. perhaps we can ask him what he needs to get things running smoothly again. i am always fairly "hands-on" when it comes to making sure my stuff gets out, or when it comes to making dj gigs run smoothly or whatever.

crazy??? you reading this? what's happening and what can we do?

eyeswithoutaface
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
he's online now if you guys wanna pm him, cant exactly say he never saw them :lol: ;)

Smekbar
11-10-2005, 12:43 PM
As far as I know Crazy had an HDD-crash not long ago which set things back for a while. That's also the reason to why the GAD site was down earlier this month. Also, the contract with the distributor for FastFood (where I think the remixes will be released) was cancelled this august and they now need a new one (the previous distributor apparantly wasn't very good). These are things Crazy told me some while ago, and I can't see any reason not to trust him...

xfive
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
he's online now if you guys wanna pm him, cant exactly say he never saw them :lol: ;)
:lol:

eyeswithoutaface
12-10-2005, 09:34 AM
well he was online yesterday, and he did post, but obviously didnt think this post was important enough or something? or did he just pm everyone individually?

odd

The Germ
13-10-2005, 06:27 AM
sheesh!

Im happy i won the Mp3 mix that came out and did well..

the last tune i put out on vinyl took over a year to come out do to distribution problems or maybe cause im from america and they can toss me around! ooo

toss it! :nono:

The Overfiend
13-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I dont know how mine did
but i know thw vinyl winners deserve an answer at least .

BRADLEE
13-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Well I got an email from Crazy today saying that things are still on. He said that he now has the final remixes for the project and the EP should be coming out soon.

In the defense of Crazy though, I personally don't blame him for not posting on this thread because he would have been ganged up on a bit I'm sure.

I really only posted the thread because I am curious as to what was happening with the release.

THe word now is that it's on.

crazyxray
14-10-2005, 02:25 PM
if there are any questions it would be nice to send an e-mail, give me a call or PM me. all these possibilities are better than opening a thread for public. i can explain everything to everybody involved in the whole thing.
but i donĀ“t like to answer things in public.

like brad lee posted above, i have had several problems with the server and pc system. it is also true we broke the contract with straight distribution cause of too bad sales in the past (with fast food records).
GAD x-cell is fine @ intergroove. but intergroove likes us to release one more x-cell EP before releasing the remixes of 001.

all this takes a lot of time. i also wish everything would go a bit faster.
BE SURE, every signed track will be released - soon.

if there are anymore questions feel free to get in touch with me via e-mail.

thanks.

@ Brad: PM is better than such a thread mate. stop pushing me when i
explain things to you. i know it is your 1st release and you can not wait to get the plastic in your hands. i understand it, but i will not start pressing records just to send some copies around to the acts and do not know when we will have the distribution for Fast Food. That would be stupid.

BRADLEE
14-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Crazy, I understand your point of view, but I was not pushing nor was I trying to be a dickhead. I had not heard from you from the emails I had sent over almost 2 months, but at that time I did not know you were having PC issues. So the only reason that I made the thread was to see if anyone else had heard anything.

278d7e64a374de26f==