PDA

View Full Version : Recording problem, please help !

11-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Im simply recording into my laptop using an M-audio firewire 410 and wavelab . It records for 10-20 minutes then just drops out into this horrible noise and stays like that !
I think i have eliminated the sound card being faulty as its relatively new and even when then recording drops out, the soundcard is still outputting the same as its inputting.
Also, as i thought the problem was with the software , i tried recording with Sound Forge , and the same thing happened !

Has anyone any ideas ? It could be something simple that i have over looked as im not the best with computers!

Thanks in advance

Jay

alsynthe
11-10-2005, 11:45 AM
sound like ur cache is full. u can only store so much data at a time without saving it hard disk, i think theres an option to change it but i wouldnt know where, i had the same problem when recording sets onto my laptop at cranked

grain
12-10-2005, 05:11 PM
I think alsynthe is right there... Unfortunately I don't know where you go to do that either...

So what am I doing here then , being no help at all?!

Well I have a FW410 also, just wanted to say, I've had it for near 2 years and it's a solid audio card. Did have a few problems tho.. The midi wouldn't work when I got it first so I ended up buying an Unosport USB lead for me midi... Then recently I loaned it to a mate and he downloaded the latest drivers for it and he said the midi works fine, so i put in the new drivers and yes, it does... So now I have 2 midi in/out, not so bad!

I did use the card to record 4 hours of a gig once tho so, IT CAN BE DONE!

hope you get it sorted,

Blessings on your components ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==