PDA

View Full Version : Holotropik LIVE - Welcome to the End

holotropik
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
FYI,

Just thought i would send you a sneak preview of my latest LivePA set that I will be playing out Live here in OZ this summer.

Genre: Jackin mongrel-Tech

http://www.holotropik.com/WelcomeToTheEnd_Holotropik_Live.mp3

Tracklist:
1. Step back
2. We've Learnt Nothing
3. Greedy ****
4. Pig
5. Welcome to the end
6. You will be Judged
7. Yeah i know Baby.

I have tried to look outside the circle and incorporate a few different elements. Its a bit darker than i have done before as I have drawn on influence from all the s hite I am seeing in the world lately. I find that I am trying to express my angst and anger at the powers that be for not paying attention to the real problems and how they are all so greedy and egotistical.

Its played live from a Korg ESX & Korg ES through a Mackie Onyx 1220 mixer using the KPad1 as effects (mainly for reverb). I still have to polish it a bit in places and that will happen as I practice the set more and adjust any issues as they come up. i will also be doing single releases from this set as well as a studio production mix-set later in the year. I will also replace the ES for the EMX in a month.

This is a straight play and capture with no editing, just a bit of post-comp/eq.

Cheers,
Glen
Aust.

V..
12-10-2005, 03:43 AM
This is very interesting, and most of all, different.
I`d say some of the levels are a little inconsistent, and some of your beats could do with more punch as the kicks get a little weak in places, but overall this is pretty cool
Nice one.

holotropik
12-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks V :)

I tend to go fo sum low end kicks at times that dont show up on smaller systems. Try to take the load of the headz and put it all on the sub.

levels are a bit skew but its still in its early stages, first take and all.

Cheers.

278d7e64a374de26f==