PDA

View Full Version : hardware sequencer

sleepy
11-10-2005, 06:20 PM
can anyone recommend a good hardware sequencer that can send MTC

cheers

machina
12-10-2005, 01:24 AM
i use a mpc4000 - is brilliant. the other mpc's (1000, 2000, 2500) all do mtc. and are much cheaper.

machina

grain
12-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I have a Yamaha RM1X... I'm not at home at the mo so I'm not sure if it does MTC, I assume it does. I use Midi Clock, not sure about MTC (midi time code)...

What do you want it for? The RM1x is a brilliant 16 track midi sequencer and drum machine/pcm synth module, I use it to sequence a synth (mmmm, love my Virus!!) and it sends a midi clock signal (thru the virus) to my laptop to sync ableton Live..

I saw an RM1x on ebay recently for e400 (you'll have to go e-bay if you want one as they don't make em any more)

It's a beast of a sequencer for that money and I have to say, I've have mates who have the MPC1000, 2000, and 4000 (which all have the same style sequencer) and I know my way around those machines but none of them can get a groove going like the RM1x. The way it handles percussion is amazing (it's the baby brother of the RS7000 btw)

Anyway, if cost is an issue, I can't recommend the little fecker enough, absolute class.

sleepy
12-10-2005, 06:18 PM
cheers guys

is there anyothers apart from the mpc that send MTC i need it to send MTC so i can slave sx and my hardware to it as sx wont slave to midi clock. at the mo i use sx as master and sometimes my hardware just stops? an its driving me mad.

machina
13-10-2005, 12:59 AM
i *think* the roland mc-80 does mtc... the only other one that might be worth checking out is the yamaha rs-7000. Again, i'm not sure that it does MTC but is worth a look.

machina

stjohn
13-10-2005, 02:52 AM
im dyin to kno what a hardware sequencer does!!! :shock:

TechMouse
13-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Errr... well, you know what a sequencer does, right?

Now, imagine one that's hardware, rather than software.

acidsaturation
13-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I have a Yamaha RM1X... I'm not at home at the mo so I'm not sure if it does MTC, I assume it does. I use Midi Clock, not sure about MTC (midi time code)...

What do you want it for? The RM1x is a brilliant 16 track midi sequencer and drum machine/pcm synth module, I use it to sequence a synth (mmmm, love my Virus!!) and it sends a midi clock signal (thru the virus) to my laptop to sync ableton Live..

I saw an RM1x on ebay recently for e400 (you'll have to go e-bay if you want one as they don't make em any more)

It's a beast of a sequencer for that money and I have to say, I've have mates who have the MPC1000, 2000, and 4000 (which all have the same style sequencer) and I know my way around those machines but none of them can get a groove going like the RM1x. The way it handles percussion is amazing (it's the baby brother of the RS7000 btw)

Anyway, if cost is an issue, I can't recommend the little fecker enough, absolute class.

I agree with you totally on this, though it's a pig to use unless you know it very well - which has taken me a good year - it has a slightly esoteric way of programming.

BUT

It doesn't send MTC, just midi clock. It receives MTC but the manual explicitliy states it doesn't send it.

Gonna write more about it in the review rthread later anyway.

stjohn
13-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Errr... well, you know what a sequencer does, right?

Now, imagine one that's hardware, rather than software.

kinda guessed that... ive never really seen one so i guess im trying to fgure out how it would work n all!

TechMouse
14-10-2005, 10:39 AM
kinda guessed that... ive never really seen one so i guess im trying to fgure out how it would work n all!

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/images/BEAT-MAKING-MPC2000XL.gif

http://www.sonicftp.com/synth/lcasesynth/yamaha_rs7000.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==