PDA

View Full Version : Should

Hakka
11-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Let me know your thoughts. I personally think he is a poor choice. He may be a creative player with great ability but I don't think he's a good Captain. Just listening to his voice is anoying enough!

macca
11-10-2005, 09:34 PM
nope defo not toss up between terry an gerrard 4 me both have leadership qualitys ;)

nick_anarchy
11-10-2005, 09:39 PM
john terry all the way , for me he is th eonly player in the england squad who has the leadership qualitys and who can play at a top level in any big game shear class .... apart from that i would say gart neville hes utd vice captain and is a bit person to motervate players , ppl mat slag him off from time to time but he is one player who will motervate and talk on the pitch unlike every one else ...

gerrard , lampard , beckham , owen and the rest aint realy big game players and dont perform to their best each game unlike terry

macca
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
john terry all the way , for me he is th eonly player in the england squad who has the leadership qualitys and who can play at a top level in any big game shear class .... apart from that i would say gart neville hes utd vice captain and is a bit person to motervate players , ppl mat slag him off from time to time but he is one player who will motervate and talk on the pitch unlike every one else ...

gerrard , lampard , beckham , owen and the rest aint realy big game players and dont perform to their best each game unlike terry

how u named neville be 4 lampard an gerrard an even owen i dont no neville is a big no no :nono:

macca
11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
hes just another bad option like beckham there both wimps

Traxx
11-10-2005, 09:53 PM
I wouldnt take it off him.

nick_anarchy
11-10-2005, 10:09 PM
why is it macca .. u tell me .. neville can offer more in leadership , motervation and he helps the young players , the experience he has at the top level is the best in the england team , he knows what it takes to win things and has fat more determanation than at lot of the england lot ..

gerrard dont allways show hes qualitys he hide's away in big games hes not as good as ppl make out and he aint done it for england let along done much for liverpool .. ppl say he carrys liverpool haha that makes me laugh he no way as godo as ppl make out , lampard on the other hand is a clas splayer but is no way good enuff and has no leadership qualitys for england

u need plsyers who are willing to speak , shout and when thngs are bad give the team a lift with speach i bet if u asked any england player gary neville is prob the one who speaks most i know for a fat he is the big speaker for utd and helps players out when in need

Traxx
11-10-2005, 10:29 PM
gerrard dont allways show hes qualitys he hide's away in big games hes not as good as ppl make out and he aint done it for england let along done much for liverpool .. ppl say he carrys liverpool haha that makes me laugh he no way as godo as ppl make out , lampard on the other hand is a clas splayer but is no way good enuff and has no leadership qualitys for england

Hahaha funny thing is your not even joking. :doh:

phantomdj
12-10-2005, 07:47 AM
why is it macca .. u tell me .. neville can offer more in leadership , motervation and he helps the young players , the experience he has at the top level is the best in the england team , he knows what it takes to win things and has fat more determanation than at lot of the england lot ..

u need plsyers who are willing to speak , shout and when thngs are bad give the team a lift with speach i bet if u asked any england player gary neville is prob the one who speaks most i know for a fat he is the big speaker for utd and helps players out when in need

what are you on about nick? if gerrard hides away, then its in the smaller games NOT the big games!!! what matches are you watching? and if we are talking about the england performances, then we already discussed why everyone is playing so badly... a defender? well how can they play badly? there is not much difference in the tactics of defending

lukekendall
12-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Terry all the way :clap:

and what the **** is owen doing as vice captain?!??!?!?

Its funny everyone says about player power but beckham and owen are the only people to ever really back sven and they are captain and vice??? beckham should never be captain

none of them would ever captain club teams so why international

french_og
12-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I always prefere a Central defender as Captain, think they are in the better position.

Terry, Campbell would make a good captains but think on the pitch they probably act that way anyway.

Beckham has done quite well as captain i think but out on the right cannot see the game as well. Also as one of our best players I wouldn't mind seeing him just being left to concentrate on his game. Think Beckham though likes the media attension which goes with being England Captain.

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 12:18 PM

what are you on about nick? if gerrard hides away, then its in the smaller games NOT the big games!!! what matches are you watching? and if we are talking about the england performances, then we already discussed why everyone is playing so badly... a defender? well how can they play badly? there is not much difference in the tactics of defending

so your telling me gerrard shows his worth in every game he plays get real he hardly do anythink ppl big him up before games hes not as good as ppl make out and he hides away yes he does FACT if he didnt he would be showing hiw worth in every blade of grass shows ppl hes around he dont do that all he does it give these long 40/50 years balls and thats all .. o he might go on a run once in a game but thats it for england hes a bag of shite !

Esox Lucius
12-10-2005, 01:18 PM
give it to crouch!! might make you even shitter than you already are!

basslinejunkie
12-10-2005, 01:21 PM

so your telling me gerrard shows his worth in every game he plays get real he hardly do anythink ppl big him up before games hes not as good as ppl make out and he hides away yes he does FACT if he didnt he would be showing hiw worth in every blade of grass shows ppl hes around he dont do that all he does it give these long 40/50 years balls and thats all .. o he might go on a run once in a game but thats it for england hes a bag of shite !

of course he doesnt do it in every game,its called being human you ****in plantpot :!: :doh:

Esox Lucius
12-10-2005, 01:28 PM
see nothing changes then, kopites & mancs still arguing even if it is an international thread hahaha

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 01:35 PM

of course he doesnt do it in every game,its called being human you ****in plantpot :!: :doh:

haha tbh ttho no point in me carrying on u all think the sun shines from his arse no mater how well he plays

jam
12-10-2005, 04:51 PM
To be fair i don't think Beckham is a bad captain,he is a player everyone looks up to and respects and he is passionate about it.However i believe John Terry is the perfect choice for England captain he is a true leader.Gerrard just doesn't do enough,he doesn't bring the game by the scruff of the neck like say Beckham can at times,so i don't think he is a very good choice at this moment in time but maybe in the future.

oh and Macca Gary Neville would make a great captain,he is by far Englands most consistent player who has got better with age.He is the one who seems to organise the defence,he is vocal,a 100% player with a class work rate and he also gets forward and plays in some great crosses.

My choices are Terry,Beckham,Neville,Gerrard.

phantomdj
12-10-2005, 05:09 PM
see nothing changes then, kopites & mancs still arguing even if it is an international thread hahaha

mancs are just far too jealous, but if we talk about keane... then they even think of him as the creator of the world

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 05:46 PM

mancs are just far too jealous, but if we talk about keane... then they even think of him as the creator of the world

haha take it u cant see what hes dont for manchester united then dan ??
he made utd what thay have been sicne he joined , he is th eonly player with his temperment no other player has it and tbh i dont think any other player can have it " creater of the world " u only wsh liverpool had such a player

Esox Lucius
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

jealous of what, being mid table? :lol:

5 european cups etc etc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dont mention everton's position :oops:

Esox Lucius
12-10-2005, 05:55 PM
keane is the greatest footballer to have ever played in the prem (imo) although i am a bit biased being a ROI fan ;)

dan the acid man
12-10-2005, 06:45 PM
keane is the greatest footballer to have ever played in the prem (imo) although i am a bit biased being a ROI fan ;)

i'd go along with that, you cant slag keane off

macca
12-10-2005, 06:58 PM
4 me a captain is best from the spine of any team being a defender or a midfielder ;) so what if gary neville is vocal big ****in wow u need some body whos gonna give u that drive an determination an push players that extra 10% further ;) terry, lampard an gerrard 4 me r the only players that would be fit 4 the job of captain. an 2 people who keep going on about gerrard not playin well need 2 get a reality check hes plays how sven tells him 2 which is sit back an break things up give him the licence 2 create things an we all no what he can do the end!

DJsmallpaul
12-10-2005, 06:59 PM

He's a wanker !....their Dan i just slagged him off so it is possible :lol:

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 07:42 PM
4 me a captain is best from the spine of any team being a defender or a midfielder ;) so what if gary neville is vocal big **** wow u need some body whos gonna give u that drive an determination an push players that extra 10% further ;) terry, lampard an gerrard 4 me r the only players that would be fit 4 the job of captain. an 2 people who keep going on about gerrard not playin well need 2 get a reality check hes plays how sven tells him 2 which is sit back an break things up give him the licence 2 create things an we all no what he can do the end!

wel he dont do his ****in job right then , he dont create anythnik o shit i forgot long balls thats all another beckham bah ...

macca
12-10-2005, 07:49 PM
4 me a captain is best from the spine of any team being a defender or a midfielder ;) so what if gary neville is vocal big **** wow u need some body whos gonna give u that drive an determination an push players that extra 10% further ;) terry, lampard an gerrard 4 me r the only players that would be fit 4 the job of captain. an 2 people who keep going on about gerrard not playin well need 2 get a reality check hes plays how sven tells him 2 which is sit back an break things up give him the licence 2 create things an we all no what he can do the end!

wel he dont do his **** job right then , he dont create anythnik o shit i forgot long balls thats all another beckham bah ...

this aint even worth replyin 2 :doh:

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 07:58 PM

wel he dont do his **** job right then , he dont create anythnik o shit i forgot long balls thats all another beckham bah ...

this aint even worth replyin 2 :doh:

very true

Traxx
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM

Yeah you can. He's a prick.

phantomdj
12-10-2005, 11:20 PM
the truth is nick loves gerrard but just cant stand the fact he is a liverpool player. and its the one player alex ferguson really wants in his team, but has no chance.keane had plenty of good players around him in uniteds day, so was made to look better. fair dos he was a good player, but saying he is the best that the prem offered is absolutely laughable. and as for keanes temperament? haha, the sick twat tried to snap another players leg and is a known cheat.

jam
13-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Neville could give England that extra 10% people respect him and he's very consistent.

Gerrard just doesn't do it for England and after last night i'd deffo drop Gerrard and leave king where he was.The only other option i can think of is to move Becks in the middle and put Gerrard on the right and tell Becks to keep it simple i.e. limite the long passing.

jam
13-10-2005, 03:51 PM
ps

Cantona is the best player to ever play in the premiership.

french_og
13-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Best players is all about opinions, but a best player for me is a skillful gifted player like a Cantona, Zola Berkamp. PLayers like Keane althuogh great players in there own right are not the type of players you look at and think wow how did he do that.

nick_anarchy
13-10-2005, 07:48 PM
the truth is nick loves gerrard but just cant stand the fact he is a liverpool player. and its the one player alex ferguson really wants in his team, but has no chance.keane had plenty of good players around him in uniteds day, so was made to look better. fair dos he was a good player, but saying he is the best that the prem offered is absolutely laughable. and as for keanes temperament? haha, the sick twat tried to snap another players leg and is a known cheat.

haha yeh ok .. i dont rate him nuff said ......

Traxx
13-10-2005, 07:57 PM
That says more about you then him nick ;)

jam
13-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Gerrard is an awesome player but he just doesn't perform for England,even when he did have a holding player (Nicky Butt) he still didn't perform.

278d7e64a374de26f==