PDA

View Full Version : Slam

MARKEG
12-10-2005, 03:21 AM
This new album on Resist was just something else for me. I'd love to know what ppl think of these two. I remember being in the back of a truck with them for a Mid-West Drop Bass party in the 90's and they were totally sound guys.

Scotland's best exports bar none imo.

Repsect to Slam. Positive Education indeed ;)

DJ Becka
12-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Hmmmm..havent heard the new album yet, but I do have some of their stuff in my collection and have always liked their work. The Alien Radio album is one that I still listen to on occassion. I also remember going crazy looking for Positive Education....such a quality tune :clap:

oldbugger
12-10-2005, 06:45 AM
used to love their productions a few years ago but hated their dj sets.

saw them a couple of weeks ago though and they were fantastic :clap:
everyone with me (who doesnt normally like them) really enjoyed them too

eyeswithoutaface
12-10-2005, 09:59 AM
seriously lost it for me the Slam boys, they played up here not long ago and it was the worst Dj set ive seen this year, too much of that wishy washy throwaway electro/house stuff, the really poor stuff too. Production wise they know what they are doing obviously but content wise doesnt grab me anymore, too many of those big basslines and they rode the wave of Postive Education a little too much imo

best export from Scotland? what!? Mark, come on!

Glencross, Landstrumm, Stephen Brown plus others stand way above Slam imo! ;)

Sunil
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Their productions aren't even worth checking anymore for me.
Good DJs.
Soma is an awful label these days.

V..
12-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I used to love em, but some of their recent pop music, ibiza stuff is just weak.

Sunil
12-10-2005, 11:06 AM
For a track that had a lot to thank "Altered States" for, they sure did well from "Positive Education" alright. It's still a cool tune though ;)

Louk
12-10-2005, 11:13 AM
This new album on Resist was just something else for me. I'd love to know what ppl think of these two. I remember being in the back of a truck with them for a Mid-West Drop Bass party in the 90's and they were totally sound guys.

Scotland's best exports bar none imo.

Repsect to Slam. Positive Education indeed ;)

mate I quite like this too, the second cd especially

Louk

RDR
12-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a lot of love for the early slam stuff...

They did an essential mix for two hours once that started really dubby and dark, had icube disco cubsim etc in it... i canned that tape till it wasnt listneable to anymore... :cry:

Been looking for another copy for years!

Anyone? Around 1997??? PLEASE!!!

MARKEG
12-10-2005, 11:49 AM
yeah you're right. landstrumm, glencross :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Posted: 12 Oct 2005 02:21

i was a little drunk hehehe

basslinejunkie
12-10-2005, 01:16 PM

They did an essential mix for two hours once that started really dubby and dark, had icube disco cubsim etc in it... i canned that tape till it wasnt listneable to anymore... :cry:

i could probs get you that,and also do you remember the set from the bugged out weekender?? that was excellent too.

as for nowadays,i dont really pay that much attention to what they do/release,isnt my cuppa.

DrewDavid
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
That's a great mix (if it's the one I'm thinking of...). A lot of well-mixed techno and house - I may have it, but not sure how I could get it to you.

Tiddlypeep
12-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Loved their old stuff.

Was it Eterna?. That was my fav.

not been to a pressure up here yet Mark??.

Get your arse up!!.

Will :)

Traxx
12-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Sets are poo. Some ok tunes made them back yonder.

paulcortex
12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
get back is wicked

Frank Dogshit
13-10-2005, 12:47 AM
jurys deffo out on these chaps.....

love PE,eterna and loads of there old stuff but i think a lot of the stuff they put out thesedays is really gash.

dj sets wise they never really impressed me until i saw them do a 4 hour set at 'intergalactic funk' in manchester about 3 years ago and they were awesome. one of the sickest sets i saw that year,really raw hard techno. they were mint.

fulll respect for what theyve done for dance music though. :cool:

nervous systems
13-10-2005, 09:49 AM
i go to pressure a lot and i must say slam blow hot and cold, but mostly cold.

gumpy green
13-10-2005, 12:32 PM
seriously lost it for me the Slam boys, they played up here not long ago and it was the worst Dj set ive seen this year, too much of that wishy washy throwaway electro/house stuff, the really poor stuff too. Production wise they know what they are doing obviously but content wise doesnt grab me anymore, too many of those big basslines and they rode the wave of Postive Education a little too much imo

best export from Scotland? what!? Mark, come on!

Glencross, Landstrumm, Stephen Brown plus others stand way above Slam imo! ;)

yup theyr the commercial side of scottish techno.......awful scene IMO.....slam are defo talented in production no doubt about it.....but i still woudlnt go see em.

scotland has so much good shit going down that dont meet the media eyes much so yall not know about it.

imo these are the folks doing it right now imo..

bass invaders
morph/sola perplexus
jamie ball
morphos
cymbol
acid69
pnr
stick 430

all of whome will play out live sets and fukin rock a party way more than slam (as kool kieth said- u do your shit in the studio, we bring our shit to ya face ;) ...)

sorry for the slight derail, just wanted to point out thers alot in bonnie scotland getting slept on.

JamieBall
13-10-2005, 12:35 PM
sekon(z)ded

G-BO
13-10-2005, 12:49 PM
only seen them dj a few times, not really my bag at all and their recent productions are on the verge of being proggy electro house piss

theyve made some memorable techno and spread the word pretty well with their established nights and on their travels, so i have respect for them defs

Frank Dogshit
13-10-2005, 01:12 PM
only seen them dj a few times, not really my bag at all and their recent productions are on the verge of being proggy electro house piss

theyve made some memorable techno and spread the word pretty well with their established nights and on their travels, so i have respect for them defs

alright geriatric!

you still out for locked tomorrow you turd? :cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==