PDA

View Full Version : Black Narcissus - Pain Threshold -- Hard Noise Techno

V..
12-10-2005, 08:41 AM
A real hard noise techno tune I`m working on.
This is proving to be a nightmare to work on so please let me know what you think in terms of dynamics etc.

Pain Threshold (http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Black%20Narcissus%20-%20Pain%20Threshold.mp3)

fatcollective
12-10-2005, 12:21 PM
bloody hell steve, thats a bit mad for you mate, post this in The Core section, will probaly go down a treat :cool:

xfive
12-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Crikey.. I'm gonna have to go murder a couple of cats and possibly a squirrel or beaver after hearing this one. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

These headphones are shit tho so I can't rightfully make any proper comments on dynamics, altho I reckon the top end could be a little less compressed. Will have to listen properly at home.

BRADLEE
12-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Personally man I like this quite well. The darker, harder and more evil it is, the happier I am. :twisted:

It's kind of like a cross between the tech, core, and industrial sounds all on crack homie. Good stuff.

audioinjection
14-10-2005, 09:08 PM
holy......

this is phatness! :clap:

Mindful
14-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Somthing nice and fluffy to listen too as I romance my missus ey mate.

dl now Ill check it tonight

alsynthe
14-10-2005, 10:14 PM
nice!!!

Aratron
15-10-2005, 10:23 AM
this is more like it !!!!!!!!!
yep dark and hard
like the industrial noises, quality. :clap: :clap:

Aratron
15-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Lol , listened to it again, its fantastic, right to the last bar

V..
15-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Gonna clean it up a bit, I think I went overbaord with the noise ambience.

Mindful
16-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Booyah this is great quite brutal and fierce.
It does maybe get a bit noisy as it progresses but not in a way that made the track less enjoyable for me.
Im sure you will get it to a stage your happy with.
Cool artist name too.

dan the acid man
17-10-2005, 11:58 PM
i cant say im into music like this, bit too dark and mental for me.

the mix does sound a bit muffled and cluttered, the only sounds that stand out are the sweeps in the background

V..
18-10-2005, 03:10 PM
well, you can`t really clean this kind of stuff up too much, but the problem here was mainly that I had all the noise ambience way too high in the mix, now it`s stripped back it all sounds a bit better.
hehe
If you are into that kind of thing.
Again, I`m just playing around here, trying new things.

Evil G
19-10-2005, 12:25 AM
this might sound odd, but listening to this the feeling of the swelling atmospheres reminds me of the beatles "a day in the life", even though the sounds are actually much different.

pretty mental at any rate.

Mindful
26-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Just thoughtI would drag this one back up.
Im sat in dog and house sitting on my own drugged up :lol: :doh: so im having a bit of a bop to some of the stuff thats on here.

Anyway just had a couple of listens to this at stupid volumes and its supurbly sick.
Realy quite fresh(to my ears it is any how)The style is realy to me what Techno oriantaided music is about....Erm Different but very usable in a set.
The production for such a piece of ruthless noise that this is is remarkable(on my sisters system it is any how)

I would deffo buy this its the sort of track that could realy make a strong impact on an Industrial type set.

Bravo V mate its great to see how varied your tracks are and your production and use of vibes is adaramable. :clap: :clap: :clap: clap smileys all round

BloodStar
03-12-2005, 12:07 PM
nice track. very much mental and strong part of el.music. nice background ambients and noises in it, tha§ts for sure,. but i'm still missing something in there, maybe some vocal snips or something. preoduction is cool,,but also sounds little cluttered,to me.. not my favourite but still good!

TripleB
10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
This track really sounds like you've strapped a mic to your washing machine, put all ur pots & pans in & stuck a house brick in for added clang & turned the dial to rapid wash... :twisted:
but thats not necessarily a bad thing, kind of reminds me of hell/devils!?!

V..
10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
almost correct, what in fact happened was that we built a large collection of scrap in the garage over some time.
We then got some oxyacetalyne torches, consumed about a pint of a 50/50 absynth/kerosene mix, and preceded into a debauched session of wielding together makeshift suits of armour, then takeing some air tools, just as the main violent aircraft fuel hit came on, we charged at each other spitting and screaming.
The resulting melodious product of this ballet of scrap and flammable drunks is recorded here for prosperity and possible evidence.

fresh_an_funky_design
10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
must of been quite an effort!

278d7e64a374de26f==