PDA

View Full Version : England VS Poland

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 08:33 PM
well 1st half and what do you say we aint played to bad 1st 10 mins or so we were passing better , running at poland makin the effort ..

goal comes owen good stuff he needs them goals so be it a tap in but who cares ..

right 1-1 wtf are the defence doin .. carrager where the fuk is he goin he is ment to be left back with him out of postion is makes rio get draged in to it and leaves a gap which terry cant cover onhis own young wasnt back quick enuff to help

i hope the 2nd half we make more chances and put them away we do not deserve to be at 1-1 at half time !

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 08:34 PM
sorry i got a little mixed up their luke young wa their it wasnt terry ..

Esox Lucius
12-10-2005, 08:40 PM
:lol:

come on the poles :clap:

Hakka
12-10-2005, 09:00 PM
England looked much better. They should be doing better in front of goal though. Was a silly lapse at the back which let there wide man have space, fair play to the Poles they crossed and scored a good goal.

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
well full time and a lot better joe cole , lampard , sood out in midfield king had a alright game .. owen very well not like me to praise him but he had one of his best games for a while good to see him back workin ... the rest played very well did their job

good stuff

roll on germany

xes
12-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Well,much,much better performance all round. I wonder why we can't do that all the time. it's frustrating watching england at the best of times,but tonite was ok. We passed well,kept posession and even piled on some pressure throughout the match.

I still think Owen is a talentless cunt,even if he did get a goal and set the other one up :lol:

Highlight of the match for me was when the commentator said "you don't want to let Rooney come in your box"

Call me immature,but it raised a chuckle.

Hakka
12-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah it was good result over all. We pushed the Poles all the time and kept the tempo high. Lampard was very dominant and I thought Ledly King did great. Rooney worked ever so hard too. Joe Cole was showing the touches of class we've been hoping he would do for England for a while.

Good stuff, we finish top!

Crouch is defo better to bring on towards the end of the game, his height just messes things up and when defenders are tired I feel they are even less likely to win headers against him.

Great goal by Lampard!

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Well,much,much better performance all round. I wonder why we can't do that all the time. it's frustrating watching england at the best of times,but tonite was ok. We passed well,kept posession and even piled on some pressure throughout the match.

I still think Owen is a talentless cunt,even if he did get a goal and set the other one up :lol:

Highlight of the match for me was when the commentator said "you don't want to let Rooney come in your box"

Call me immature,but it raised a chuckle.

very true owen is realy a bag of shite but he did well

Traxx
12-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Now owens shit as well????????????? haha you get worse :lol:

nick_anarchy
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM

iv always said he was shit another overrated ex liverpool player built up from the world cup many years ago .. a mad with only pace and fuk all else

did u notice tho in the game tonite the pointless long balls wernt their ?
without beckham and gerrard rooney , lampard and cole had more of the ball

phantomdj
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM

iv always said he was shit another overrated ex liverpool player built up from the world cup many years ago .. a mad with only pace and fuk all else

lol... and if gerrard and beckham were given a team moulded to how they play, then they to would put in killer performances. everyone here can see that you cant play all of them at the same time...

Hakka
13-10-2005, 06:34 AM
I think the team last night was excellent. Perhaps this is where we should look to use players like Beckham & Gerrard as squad players to rotate in the world cup, being that there are so many games. It's obvious we played better having a proper holding player in front of the defence to give Lampard the rights to push forward any time. SWP was always looking to shoot down the right and Joe Cole over-lapped down the left or was ready to cut inside and pass or shoot. Great stuff.

Still think Scott Parker should of been in the squad ahead of Jenas. Parker has been amazing for Toon this year. Jenas has been rubbish for a while now, he once was very classy but he's just not been on top of it.

orac
13-10-2005, 08:31 AM
good game, when we shot this one goal at the end of the first half there was just one big scream in the pub hehe love those moments ;)

thx for the game and c'ya in germany :)

Esox Lucius
13-10-2005, 09:07 AM
good game, when we shot this one goal at the end of the first half there was just one big scream in the pub hehe love those moments ;)

thx for the game and c'ya in germany :)

great goal from frankowski, he has been playing brilliantly.

lukekendall
13-10-2005, 09:45 AM
my thoughts.......

thought we palyed well as a balanced team. SWP played right on the wing line that gave us width and he was not scared to take people on.
King played better than i thought in that possition and it allowed lampard to get forward and in the end it got us the goal! ive always thought that gerrard and lampard were 2 of the same and i think it works better with a holding player, maybe when he is fit carrick would play that role tho i think king done it well. but who do you drop, gerrard or lampard, in svens case he will not drop any of them, i can not see it.

rooney was the man again, and owen played well...... for once

good performance

do you think we would of won the game with beckham and gerrard playing tho?? i dunno 2 brilliant players no doubt but king and SWP made the side so much more balanced............... hard one :neutral:

french_og
13-10-2005, 11:15 AM
How can you say owen played well for once, that was his 33rd International goal. It was a nice little cross for Lampard volley also.

Good team performance, the players coming in will give Sven some head aches but can´t see him dropping Gerrard and SWP is not as good as Beckham, although like the fact we had SWP and Joe Cole running at players, makes us a more exciting side to watch and not so predictable.

Also Paul Robinson, he hasn´t put a foot wrong since being England number one, think the whole England defence look more comfortable as a result.

lukekendall
13-10-2005, 11:28 AM
How can you say owen played well for once, that was his 33rd International goal. It was a nice little cross for Lampard volley also.

Good team performance, the players coming in will give Sven some head aches but can´t see him dropping Gerrard and SWP is not as good as Beckham, although like the fact we had SWP and Joe Cole running at players, makes us a more exciting side to watch and not so predictable.

Also Paul Robinson, he hasn´t put a foot wrong since being England number one, think the whole England defence look more comfortable as a result.

when was the last time you seen him play well then befor then..................?

i know he will not drop gerrard or beckham but surely if the team is better with out them then he should............ :neutral:

french_og
13-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Owens job is to put the ball in the net and thats what he has done more consistantly then anyone. He thrives on service and when he gets that he scores goals. He is a big match players.

I think it good that England have got options now in the midfield. Beckham has been class this season andd any side with him in is only better but think Sven should be big enough to bring him off in games like Portugal did with Figo in Euro 2004 if he is not playing well.

With regards to Gerrard I like to think on the biggest stage at the World Cup he can be England big match player and work well with Lampard, they are both class players and playing more games together will hopefuuly see them play well together.

jam
13-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Owen has been poor for England for ages and i don't even think he played all that well last night,however he did score and set up the goals.I just don't rate him for England any more,i think there is fitter,faster and more clinical strikers than him about these days,i'd much prefer Defoe to have his chance.

We played well and should really have scored alot more,Joe Cole was the stand out player for me he gets better for England with every game.Rooney was on top form again and there was only really Cole on his wave length.

King was class in that role and Lampard thrived off it.Gerrard will come back into the side once he is fit but he really shouldnt.

french_og
13-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I think it also helped England last night that Poland came to play and attack where most of the other sides in this group stuck 11 players behind the ball against us which makes things difficult.

lukekendall
13-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Owen has been poor for England for ages and i don't even think he played all that well last night,however he did score and set up the goals.I just don't rate him for England any more,i think there is fitter,faster and more clinical strikers than him about these days,i'd much prefer Defoe to have his chance.

We played well and should really have scored alot more,Joe Cole was the stand out player for me he gets better for England with every game.Rooney was on top form again and there was only really Cole on his wave length.

King was class in that role and Lampard thrived off it.Gerrard will come back into the side once he is fit but he really shouldnt.

yeah i think defoe should get more of a chance he has only had one full game and he scored in that, he also can make something out of nothing and the days of owen doing that are gone he is just a tap in master, sven lets defoe come on for the last 5 mins usually which is shit!! really bent should have a chance as he is playing outsanding but has not got international experience so you cant really put him in the deep end

there is talk of having an holding midfield player now in the team and having beckham, gerrard and lampard infront but i think that would not work as really none of them have real pace like cole, SWP,

i honestly think the team is better of without beckham...............

jam
13-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Better with out Gerrard i reckon but not Beckham,although Wright-Phillips did have a good game i felt he lost the ball to much and against a decent left back that could be costly.

DJsmallpaul
13-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Gerrard's a major player for us

lukekendall
14-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Better with out Gerrard i reckon but not Beckham,although Wright-Phillips did have a good game i felt he lost the ball to much and against a decent left back that could be costly.

beckham is the best passer in the world apart from that he is as slow as a sloth, do we need a great passer when we have gerrard and lamps in the center who offer a bit of everything?

jam
14-10-2005, 03:43 PM

beckham is the best passer in the world apart from that he is as slow as a sloth, do we need a great passer when we have gerrard and lamps in the center who offer a bit of everything?

Yes because Gerrard doesn't perform for us,we can't keep him in the time just on his club form,yes i know he is one of the best players in the world but he just doesn't do it for us at international level.

Name 3 good games he has had for England? I can name one-Germany.

Becks has a great work rate,passing ability,his set pieces are great and he urges the team on.Wright-Phillips is good but doesn't hold the ball like Beckham can.The one to go in my opinion is deffinatly Gerrard,as good as a player he is,its just better for the team.

french_og
14-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Anybody manager in the world would start Beckham in the England side, at one point this season Real Madrids last 5 goals was from Beckham assists.

He should definatelty start, I can´t see why people think he should, he is a class act but its also good that we have SWP to come off the bench to replace Beckham if he isn´t playing that well.

nick_anarchy
14-10-2005, 04:16 PM

lol... and if gerrard and beckham were given a team moulded to how they play, then they to would put in killer performances. everyone here can see that you cant play all of them at the same time...

like thay have shown in the past few games yeh :lol:

Will
14-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Owen's a big game player, he's the only player we have that's scored in the knock out stages of a major international tournament.

Will
14-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Apart from against Denmark of course, haha, but that was a cakewalk, even Heskey scored. But against the likes of Argentina, Portugal and Brazil, in the quarter finals, only he's scored...

278d7e64a374de26f==