PDA

View Full Version : New artists styles....

anx
13-10-2005, 06:29 PM
i love when great producers develope new styles.

For instance, Adam Beyer and Henrik B have this excellent new glitchy sound (see mad eye, some of henrik's new illgorhythms)

Cave -- see the new primate, his new titanium remix...he has really gone for dirty synths and big basslines, as compared to his old congo tribal stuff that sounded the same.

Preach -- really stepped up in the last year with his production, and changed quite a bit. very happy with his new stuff.

Glenn Wilson -- where its still got a Glenn Wilson sound to it, but a somewhat different approach, his new lable, and the new hero's are dope.

Im really happy to see that producers that have developed a safe "formula" or way of producing , have tried to change the way their sound is, making them more diverse. Its really refreshing too see that some of these producers who are known for a certain sound, can proove that they arent out of ideas.

rock on.

MARKEG
13-10-2005, 11:51 PM
mate this is the key!!!

imagine you're an artist and you're like, 'wow, i've sold shit loads and i've got this much recognition' - so what do you do now?

an artist doing his thing to make a living would do the same thing again....

an artist wanting to take music further would do something totally different.

there's room in techno for both these ppl, but it's the extent to which you do this that matters. you do the complete same track over and you might as well be a pop artist.

arrghhh this is such a good thread. i need to shut up to get other ppl's opinions.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JamieBall
14-10-2005, 12:38 AM
The way I look at it is if you write a track that you in all honesty think is the best thing you'll EVER write (not just the best thing up until that point) then you should STOP PRODUCING :-)

It's uncertainty in my own talent and a desire to be better that drives me, and this doesn't show much signs of letting up as I'm forever giving myself shit :lol:

I reckon a lot of people who 'do' forms of art are like this naturally, otherwise they'd have dabbled and got bored. It sometimes takes an artistic mind to appreciate and draw the artistry OUT of something. Techno I reckon is kind of like a collage, which is usually one of the more 'difficult' styles of art to get conventionally minded peoples to enjoy so it's always going to attract the experimental folks...

It's also one of my favourite forms of music to produce as it's very emotive, and it's where I always turn when I fear putting the same vibe to words/actions would get me locked up :oops:

:evil: or :twisted: depending how you look at it. Keeps you on your toes.

I'm all about the :rambo: anyways...

SlavikSvensk
14-10-2005, 12:44 AM
music evolves. people evolve. if your influences never change, you need to get out more.

in my perfect world, more techno would be made based on the influence of sounds and ideas outside techno. more tracks inspired by books or films, more sounds by a wider range of musical and sonic influences.

occassionally you can tell something is. and it doesn't always work, but when it does...

:clap:

dan the acid man
14-10-2005, 12:45 AM
The way I look at it is if you write a track that you in all honesty think is the best thing you'll EVER write (not just the best thing up until that point) then you should STOP PRODUCING :-)

It's uncertainty in my own talent and a desire to be better that drives me, and this doesn't show much signs of letting up as I'm forever giving myself shit :lol:

I reckon a lot of people who 'do' forms of art are like this naturally, otherwise they'd have dabbled and got bored. It sometimes takes an artistic mind to appreciate and draw the artistry OUT of something. Techno I reckon is kind of like a collage, which is usually one of the more 'difficult' styles of art to get conventionally minded peoples to enjoy so it's always going to attract the experimental folks...

It's also one of my favourite forms of music to produce as it's very emotive, and it's where I always turn when I fear putting the same vibe to words/actions would get me locked up :oops:

:evil: or :twisted: depending how you look at it. Keeps you on your toes.

I'm all about the :rambo: anyways...

post of the day already :clap:

V..
14-10-2005, 08:11 AM

I love you, will you marry me.
:love: :love: :love: :love:
That`s it right there, I can`t really add to that.

The Overfiend
14-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Jamie is quite the hero sandwhich.

278d7e64a374de26f==