PDA

View Full Version : DISTEK - F.A.T COLLECTIVE - URBAN CRUST

distek
15-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Hello folks!! Hard Techno Track here

www.fatcollective.com/audio/distek/URBAN_CRUST.mp3

Let us know what you fink of it good or bad ;)

Cheerz

W

BRADLEE
15-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Damn Wayne!!!! :twisted:

I'd have to say that shit is damn good if you ask me. Even though my opinion doesn't mean shit, I think this is hot as ****. My favorite Dis-tek tune to date. I love the bass, the synths, all of the ill little edits, and those little vocal snips tossed in for good measure as well. :clap:

Just in the phones as per my usual cause I'm at work. Although I know that if I heard it on Wax I would buy this in a second. :cool:

curly
15-10-2005, 09:40 AM
would buy this if it is released, I like the way the energy from the track rasies and falls several times throughout rather than just building once or twice like somany tracks do. I also like the edits, they polish the track off nicley

alsynthe
15-10-2005, 09:41 AM
nice tune wayne!, is this a sneak a peek of ktd5?????

rejasond
15-10-2005, 09:53 AM
liking this.

distek
15-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Cheers Guys, glad you all liking it!! its just another track that was sat on my harddrive really.

Elvio Neto
15-10-2005, 10:24 AM
NICE TRACK man!!

thats the way to go... speedy gonzalez
:clap: :lol:

distek
15-10-2005, 12:47 PM
cheers dude ;)

CORROSIVE
15-10-2005, 02:50 PM
this is f.u.c.kin bangin m8.

phattess track ive heard on BoA for a while.

good job, r u gunna release it??? id blatently buy it.

V..
15-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Production wise this is ok.
Top end is a little thin, dry and dull.
Could do with more sparkle.

The bottom end sounds like every hard techno tune ever. Oompah Oompah hard house groove all the way. Would have been nice to hear something a little more modern going on here.

Overall production is reasonably sound, but this tune does nothing to stand apart from anything else in this genre.

distek
15-10-2005, 07:07 PM
cheers steve, as allways a good bit of crit from you!! good to0 have you bak ;)

dan the acid man
16-10-2005, 02:09 AM
yeah, sounding good, just add some more hats here and there, break it up a little and this would be good

distek
16-10-2005, 06:17 AM
yeah, sounding good, just add some more hats here and there, break it up a little and this would be good

hey cheerz!! i shall keep workin on this, didnt think there was much hope for this really!! i will defo take into accout whats bin said n try n re-work the track!! cheers for all the comments folks!!

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Production wise this is ok.
Top end is a little thin, dry and dull.
Could do with more sparkle.

The bottom end sounds like every hard techno tune ever. Oompah Oompah hard house groove all the way. Would have been nice to hear something a little more modern going on here.

Overall production is reasonably sound, but this tune does nothing to stand apart from anything else in this genre.

get a grip and cheer up

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 01:54 AM
this would rock the dance floor

V..
17-10-2005, 09:49 AM
this would rock the dance floor

I give credit where I think it is due.
My opinion is as it is, and I feel like this.......
I have stacks of generic stuff like this in my collection.
I must have played all of them about once.
You can`t take crit, don`t post in a production forum.
If you expect to jut get patted on the back, then tough.
IF I thought this was truly original then I would say so.

Toys

Pram

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 04:10 PM
i can take criticism, i just think your criticism is over the top. Its like you have an idea of how techno should sound and if it dosent conform to your ideas then its rubbish. I personally dont think this sounds like many tracks i've heard. Its like you say the productiuon is okish... thats just a kick in the teeth as thats just a nice way of saying thats its crap. Thats how it comes across to me anyway

V..
17-10-2005, 04:25 PM
i can take criticism, i just think your criticism is over the top. Its like you have an idea of how techno should sound and if it dosent conform to your ideas then its rubbish. I personally dont think this sounds like many tracks i've heard. Its like you say the productiuon is okish... thats just a kick in the teeth as thats just a nice way of saying thats its crap. Thats how it comes across to me anyway

I have no real opinion how techno SHOULD sound, unless it`s in terms of professional production. I do however think that in this day of almost 1 label per artist, that everyone should be trying to stand out and do something different or not bother, as their is plenty of filler already.
If I was gonna say it was rubbish, then I would.
If you can honestly say this stands out against the other stuff in this genre then I am amazed.
The production is ok, but I tend to rate things by the production standards of the best rather than what has become the standard in most techno today, which compared to any other genre has actually become pretty low.

Obviously the producer here has capability, but seems to be just making tracks that fit within very tight boundaries that this kind of stuff could do with breaking out of.

I admit I am hard to impress, but having been listening to techno for a long time now, I have heard it all before.

I`ll just say this, if you are to tender to take the fact that not everyone is gonna pat you on the back and kiss your ass when you make a track, then don`t post it up where people can comment on it.

If this blew me away, I would probably be the first person to say how great it is, and I would be playing it to various people with excitement.

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 05:17 PM
each to their own! its blatently obvious that you look at things in a completely different way to what i do!

V..
17-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes, completely different.
If we all agreed the world would be very dull.
Don`t take offence to something that isn`t meant to be malicous.

fresh_an_funky_design
17-10-2005, 05:23 PM
i dont take offence,i just like arguing on here, makes it more interesting

dan the acid man
17-10-2005, 11:28 PM
its easy to make similar stuff to what you listen to, i know when i play about and attempt to write anything, it always ends up sounding clubby and unoriginal.

i do love dancefloor tracks, but i realise there's loads more people making it better than me.

its bloody hard to make something that's truly different, and stands out from the rest.

anyway, i suppose this is going way off topic, so i'll shut up now

distek
27-10-2005, 04:31 PM
cheers all

rhythmlogistics
27-10-2005, 07:38 PM
loves it boyo!!

audioinjection
28-10-2005, 03:36 AM
just listenend to this, not bad, not really my style, but im sure it would sound nice in a club

BloodStar
29-10-2005, 10:51 AM
nice one.deffinÃ*itely some serious bangin stuff. production sounds ok,, maybe you should go little wider in stereo field on some sounds,.and also on my monitors m,the hiighs are quite sharp,at the moments,. nice one

278d7e64a374de26f==