PDA

View Full Version : RADIO 1 27th October - TECHNO !

JamieBall
15-10-2005, 09:57 AM
27th October - ROB DA BANK SHOW
(UK BBC RADIO ONE)
Broadcasting live from Maida Vale

SURGEON AND REGIS
ADE FENTON
MARTYN HARE
JAMIE BALL

>ROCKING YOUR DIAL<

Afterparty @ THE BOX, medicine bar, shoreditch

TERRY MITCHELL
MARTYN HARE
JAMIE BALL
Other artists tbc...

Hope to see some of you there - the rest of ya..... LISTEN :twisted:

alsynthe
15-10-2005, 10:13 AM
nice one!!!

dan the acid man
15-10-2005, 12:20 PM
cool, will have a listen :cool:

Traxx
15-10-2005, 02:46 PM
No sugababes?

mattboyslim
15-10-2005, 05:43 PM
sweet. ade is playing for us the night before in nottm. represent :cool:

eyeswithoutaface
15-10-2005, 09:51 PM
looks good, bit of proper techno on radio 1 for a change

The Divide
16-10-2005, 04:18 AM
I think liebing was on this morning 1am from what my mate told me

V..
16-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Damn, in the good old days of the Repro society I would have got free tickets to maida vale studio`s :cry:
no idea how I`d get em now.

Subuteo
21-10-2005, 09:06 PM
I managed to win a couple of tickets for this last night on the Rob da Bank show. It was a tough old question...what name does Surgeon & Regis perform under ? Hmmm.......

Roll on next Thursday!!

MARKEG
23-10-2005, 09:29 AM
really great that he is supporting techno and really like his style of the radio.makes me chuckle ;)

djfurness
23-10-2005, 08:02 PM
radio 1 has been superb these past couple of weeks...
u had the john peel night,then liebing on the essential mix...
last week u had kid 606,drop the lime + dj rupture on monday on the breezeblock,venetian snares on the tuesday on huw stephens and then the wrong music crew on thursday on rob da bank...
this week theres a history of dnb show on wednesday and then this techno mash up on thursday...
good shit for a national station!

Technobitch
23-10-2005, 08:47 PM
techno for the masses! bout time the public got to hear some good music on the radio!
i usually avoid the radio but think ill tune in for this one, what time is rob da bank on?

dan the acid man
24-10-2005, 12:43 AM
10pm i think

Jay Pace
24-10-2005, 10:19 AM
:clap: Good stuff

:?: Whats that night like at the medecine bar? Anyone been?

Been curious after that one for a while. Its not too far from where I live.

And there isn't nearly enough techno in london...

oldbugger
24-10-2005, 12:48 PM
its just another sign that what we all thought was an underground scene isnt quite so much anymore. more mainstreem by the day,

Conan
24-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, but it cant be a bad thing if decent techno is being brought to a wider audiance. We'll just end up like the over protecting detroit heads if we have that oppinion.

dan the acid man
24-10-2005, 01:42 PM
its just another sign that what we all thought was an underground scene isnt quite so much anymore. more mainstreem by the day,

come on man, of course its still underground, i dont see the problem in saying yes if someone asks you to play on national radio, its hardly selling out, and he does play some good stuff on his show

Technobitch
24-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but it cant be a bad thing if decent techno is being brought to a wider audiance. We'll just end up like the over protecting detroit heads if we have that oppinion.

i agree. theres no need to worry we will always have an underground scene that ppl that listen to radio1 wudnt dare to enter! :twisted:

music is like a fashion to most ppl out there in the commercial world so i think we will have to worry too much!

oldbugger
24-10-2005, 03:19 PM

come on man, of course its still underground, i dont see the problem in saying yes if someone asks you to play on national radio, its hardly selling out, and he does play some good stuff on his show

the techno scene is about as underground as 2unlimited these days IMO. (the big techno scene i mean) and i am aware there are underground nights about. not as many as the shite though :dontevengothere:

far too much of it about and far too much of the same wishy washy shite too. all the (most) clubs have the same old sound. call me old fashioned. but its far too popular these days. its the norm in most clubs playing any sort of dance music at the moment coz its popular.

im a moaning old twat :lol:

Technobitch
24-10-2005, 03:34 PM
yes you are! :protest:

oldbugger
24-10-2005, 04:12 PM
yes you are! :protest:

:oops:

the next thing will be atomic jam in somewhere lke destiny and elite. :dontevengothere: oh shit.i forgot its in the custard factory and thats worse.

just cheese clubs playing techno IMO.

Subuteo
24-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I think it can only be a good thing having the likes of Surgeon & Regis playing on Radio 1. It is a 'UK Techno Special' on Thursday's Rob Da Bank so who else better to have? At least we can be confident they're going to represent the British techno scene in a positive way. I mean imagine - they could have easily got Fergie to do it!

Me and me mate are goign down to Maida Vale Thursday afternoon for the recording of it - it will be played out between 11pm & 1am Thursday night.

JamieBall
25-10-2005, 12:09 PM
the techno scene is about as underground as 2unlimited these days IMO.

>>> Yeah, I for one am SICK of all the quality techno in the pop charts. And ALL these kids buying tens of thousands of copies of every techno record. It's sick. You can't go anywhere in the UK these days without hearing grindingly hard techno pumping from somewhere.

(the big techno scene i mean) and i am aware there are underground nights about. not as many as the shite though :dontevengothere:

>>> There's no accounting for taste... There's ALWAYS going to be 5hit nights. Get over it. It keeps the gimps away from the good ones, no ?

far too much of it about and far too much of the same wishy washy shite too. all the (most) clubs have the same old sound. call me old fashioned. but its far too popular these days. its the norm in most clubs playing any sort of dance music at the moment coz its popular.

>>> Er... Where are you FROM ? The North Pole ? Where are all these 'dance music' clubs ? I was under the impression many of them in the UK etc were closing down...

im a moaning old twat :lol:[/quote]

>>> And a misinformed one too. Typically derisive attitude really, the usual elitism from the off. And what do you suggest as an alternative, sir ?? Also - Can you travel into the future ? Do you KNOW what stuff we're going to be playing on the radio ? NO. So why just start dissing it and the whole scene from the off ?

POINTLESS

oldbugger
25-10-2005, 12:21 PM
you sure your not from the noth pole :eh:

in the north west there are techno nights all over the place. liverpool alone has loads. far too many to even get to them all.. you could do a techno night with big names on most nights of the week.

maybe its different down south but there no shortage of techno up here. i know london doesnt have that much techno on.

i'm not miss informed at all. its my opinion on how i see the scene up here at the moment. some might say its the healthiest it has ever been, i dont agree. its too diluted at the moment.

bit like what happened to trance in about 1998/99.

techno quite clearly is the norm for dance music at the moment (up here anyway) :dontevengothere:

davethedrummer
25-10-2005, 12:42 PM

in the north west there are techno nights all over the place. liverpool alone has loads. far too many to even get to them all.. you could do a techno night with big names on most nights of the week.

maybe its different down south but there no shortage of techno up here. i know london doesnt have that much techno on.

i'm not miss informed at all. its my opinion on how i see the scene up here at the moment. some might say its the healthiest it has ever been, i dont agree. its too diluted at the moment.

techno quite clearly is the norm for dance music at the moment (up here anyway) :dontevengothere:

oh come on man !
i'm sure there's a few techno nights going on up there
but that alone does not make it mainstream !
and i bet you can only really count them on one hand anyway.
what about the usual disco clubs , you know , the wine bars , the "dukes's" or
" flamingoes" type nightclubs.
i'll wager there are many more of them pumping out radio one daytime trance and house
than there are clubs knocking out bmb or the latest skoog release.
there's plenty of good (underground) techno clubs down here at the moment and i'm not complaining
to be honest we need it , and i need the work , we all want the music
and we all want somewhere other than our mates front room to go to on a saturdy night.
free parties are really tough to get to for me these days
so clubs is where its at !
don't knock it , one day it'll be gone and then what ? you'll be happy ?
i think not.

oldbugger
25-10-2005, 12:44 PM
i'll still listen to it though :lol:

the news of the world will be giving away free jamie ball cd's next week :lol:

davethedrummer
25-10-2005, 12:50 PM
i'll still listen to it though :lol:

the news of the world will be giving away free jamie ball cd's next week :lol:

i heard it was a british murder boys flexi disc on the front cover of smash hits
oh how misinformed i am! ;)

oldbugger
25-10-2005, 12:54 PM

oh come on man !
i'm sure there's a few techno nights going on up there
but that alone does not make it mainstream !
and i bet you can only really count them on one hand anyway.
what about the usual disco clubs , you know , the wine bars , the "dukes's" or
" flamingoes" type nightclubs.
i'll wager there are many more of them pumping out radio one daytime trance and house
than there are clubs knocking out bmb or the latest skoog release.
there's plenty of good (underground) techno clubs down here at the moment and i'm not complaining
to be honest we need it , and i need the work , we all want the music
and we all want somewhere other than our mates front room to go to on a saturdy night.
free parties are really tough to get to for me these days
so clubs is where its at !
don't knock it , one day it'll be gone and then what ? you'll be happy ?
i think not.

yeah you are right. and i am over reacting and slightely exagerating.
i dunno if its a good or bad thing really having so much choice. i go out every weekend somewhere, maybe i'm just hearing too much of it. you really had to go out of your way for find good nights not so long ago and they were few and far between now were overrun, i'm not complaining as such but its deffinatly a sign of the times and how massivly popular techno is at the moment.

as for counting on one hand.. your kidding right? i even had to take my shoes and socks off then and i still lost count.

i think i must go out too much :doh:

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 02:39 PM
apart from free parties, there's hardly anything happening here in sheffield these days, thats how mainstream techno is now :lol: :doh:

i cant wait to see british muder boys collect their awards at the smash hits poll winners party :lol:

Si the Sigh
25-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry for being a spaz, but does anyone know what time this show is being broadcast?

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 03:23 PM
11pm-1am this thursday

Si the Sigh
25-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Nice one Dan.

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 03:33 PM
no problem, and i bet you get your bucket of kfc in and then fall asleep before it starts :lol:

Subuteo
25-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Sorry for being a spaz, but does anyone know what time this show is being broadcast?

Between 11pm & 1am.

I am taking my camera with me on Thursday so will get some pictures of this too.

dan the acid man
27-10-2005, 01:28 PM
tonight folks

Traxx
27-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Ill have a listen.

Si the Sigh
27-10-2005, 01:52 PM
no problem, and i bet you get your bucket of kfc in and then fall asleep before it starts :lol:

ha ha! :lol: No chance man. Me and the missus will be getting some beers in, rolling a few phat ones and parking up infront of the wireless with a Thai green curry for this one. Can't wait! :dance:

Techno, beer, smoke, curry and quality company. :cool:

Subuteo
27-10-2005, 10:39 PM
christ on a bike! That was intense. Murder Boys started off in true style on ableton ripping up- the wromg crowd and tempting in the right /****ed/havent the fog on the tyne all mine all mine' lads n lasses.

Anyone who was at the celebration tonight then 'theeres away!!'

Traxx
27-10-2005, 10:44 PM
???

Thought it started at 11? not live then i take it.

basslinejunkie
27-10-2005, 11:13 PM
cant you listen to it on the net?? or am i being dumb for a change......

Traxx
27-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Will ive just been listening for that last 15 mins & there's no sign of it so it must just be a small segment of it. Ahh well ill get back to listening to the new marky set ive got.

Boboagogo
28-10-2005, 12:11 AM
nice classic set on now, surgeon n regis werent bad expected bit more maybe, cant wait for jamie ball..

basslinejunkie
28-10-2005, 12:52 AM
ah sorted it.some of it sounds pretty savage,shame the combo of my p.c speakers an the turd r1 player isnt doing it much justice.

Boboagogo
28-10-2005, 01:03 AM
haha young j ball ripped it, ade was better than expected.. good show all round

Si the Sigh
28-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Quality 90 minutes! Enjoyed all the sets. Jamie Ball was wicked! :clap:

Radio On 1 :dance:

RDR
28-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Did anyone record it? im not very well and fell asleep... :doh:

alsynthe
28-10-2005, 09:11 AM
u can listen to the show again on the website

Jay Pace
28-10-2005, 09:54 AM
****!

Missed it. Anyone record this?

alsynthe
28-10-2005, 09:58 AM
see my post above urs!!! all u have to do is go on www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 and use the listen again section to listen to it

Jay Pace
28-10-2005, 09:59 AM
True, but the quality is piss poor.

dan the acid man
28-10-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah was good

Subuteo
28-10-2005, 01:44 PM
christ on a bike! That was intense. Murder Boys started off in true style on ableton ripping up- the wromg crowd and tempting in the right /****/havent the fog on the tyne all mine all mine' lads n lasses.

Anyone who was at the celebration tonight then 'theeres away!!'

Oh dear, will remember not to drink and type in future!! The recording for the show was at 4pm so we started early on the pop yesterday afternoon, hence the confused post last night!!

Well, yesterday was fantastic. Was great being down at Maida Vale seeing where so many great artists have performed. I haven't had a chance to listen to the recording of the show but I hope they played it all out as there was some great music. I really enjoyed BMB, didn't realise how much stuff they used in their set up, very impressive the way they work together so well. Martyn Hare played well too, dropping one of my favourite Mills tunes - Human Nature. Ade Fenton wasn't too bad either, Aphex Twin's 'Come to Daddy' & BMB's 'Learn your Lesson' being the highlights for me.

Pic below of me, me mate & the lads.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/6044ab8c/bc/docs/SV300011.jpg?bfpDiYDB7PbtHpbK

RDR
28-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Listen again doesnt work on my PC (i dont allow real player on it.. full stop)

So i'll ask again - did anyone record it? i can host it for a a while if so requested..

The Divide
28-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Yea **** real player, You know you cant get real player media to play on windows media playerclassic with this...

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

The Divide
28-10-2005, 02:52 PM
*Can* even

Can I have an edit button...

mang?

dan the acid man
28-10-2005, 02:53 PM
no didnt record it, i was still reinstallig my pc whilst listening to it as it wouldnt boot into windows, so i had to install windows on a spare hard drive, back up everything i needed off this one, then reinstall :rambo:

Subuteo
28-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I meant 'Changes of life' By Mills not 'Human Nature' !!

Think I'm still drunk, LOL !!

RDR
29-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks Divide

but still there must be a recording of this in a decent bit rate in a decent sample rate...

plz? (PS - i know im being lazy btw, but egg me on!)

not EGG on ME dan... before you start.

dan the acid man
29-10-2005, 03:15 AM
scrambled, poached or fried :eh:

The Divide
29-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Yea, it will turn up as mp3 sooner or later...

(this could be a job for conflict :lol:)

Subuteo
29-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Really would like a decent recording of this show if anyone has one ?

Oh and managed to sneak a few pics whilst down at Maida Vale:

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/debz303/lst?.dir=/docs&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/

[/img]

rotten
29-10-2005, 03:23 PM
does somebody recorded the bmb session??? or is it already listed somewhere to download?? :eh:

JamieBall
31-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Bit embarrasing, but I wouldn't mind a recording of this myself !

Have only checked for it online and all my 'friends' up here forgot to even listen, let alone record the thing. PAH !

A bit pissed at the radio one crew for cutting all the ragga out my set. It's ****ing techno as far as I'm concerned, and all my mc'z was waiting to listen to it :-(

Anyways, at least those of you who went down for the recording got to hear it.

DE-DE-DEFY CENSORSHIP !

JB

The Overfiend
31-10-2005, 10:00 AM
CHAMPION SOUND A COME AGIN!
BOH BOH BOH!

JamieBall
31-10-2005, 02:10 PM
You hear it, SOS ?

RDR
01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
This is silly, someone must have recorded it!

JamieBall
01-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Mr Hare has sorted a copy of the master so I'll let you know as and when I get it. Will stick it on 'yousendit' or something like that....

Watch dis space ;-)

RDR
01-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Top Geezer!

Subuteo
01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Aye, would absolutely lurve a recording of this, have listened to it 5 times already & can't bear the thought of it not being there after Thursday night.

By the way, does anyone know what the tune is that BMB played around about 49mins into the show ? Heard it at Sonar a few times somewhere but can't quite put my finger on it..

emetic
02-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I should be getting the cd master of the show by the weekend, I'll put it up for download (probably HQ Real player) from my site www.tremorsrecordings.com asap, no worries.
Tracklistings are on the OneMusic site.

Hope you all enjoy.

I'm in talks with the producer of the show to get another session orgainsed, so watch (listen) out.

RDR
04-11-2005, 12:34 PM
:clap:

Louk
06-11-2005, 05:59 PM
wicked mate look fwd to it!

FuK-NuT
07-11-2005, 04:31 PM

Have only checked for it online and all my 'friends' up here forgot to even listen, let alone record the thing. PAH !

A bit pissed at the radio one crew for cutting all the ragga out my set. It's **** techno as far as I'm concerned, and all my mc'z was waiting to listen to it :-(

DE-DE-DEFY CENSORSHIP !

JB

i didnt forget i was just oot giging....some "others" dont have this excuse ;)

davethedrummer
07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
27th October - ROB DA BANK SHOW
(UK BBC RADIO ONE)
Broadcasting live from Maida Vale

SURGEON AND REGIS
ADE FENTON
MARTYN HARE
JAMIE BALL

>ROCKING YOUR DIAL<

Afterparty @ THE BOX, medicine bar, shoreditch

TERRY MITCHELL
MARTYN HARE
JAMIE BALL
Other artists tbc...

Hope to see some of you there - the rest of ya..... LISTEN :twisted:

call that techno??
looks a bit housey to me...

Subuteo
07-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Didn't hear any house at Maida Vale.

Wish they'd hurry up with the Murder Boys track listing - still haven't worked out that track they played (50 mins into the show) whch I really NEED!

JamieBall
07-11-2005, 11:40 PM

A bit pissed at the radio one crew for cutting all the ragga out my set. It's **** techno as far as I'm concerned, and all my mc'z was waiting to listen to it :-(

DE-DE-DEFY CENSORSHIP !

JB

i didnt forget i was just oot giging....some "others" dont have this excuse ;)

Thought after I'd posted that 'I bet Fuk-Nut has a dig'.

And you'd be ENTITLED.

I am getting very vague in my old age ;-)

No disrespect, dufus, ah ken you were out and about (with just about everyone else :-(

278d7e64a374de26f==