PDA

View Full Version : ZOID - FATCOLLECTIVE - SYSTEMATIC

fatcollective
16-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Had a pretty good day in the studio today and came up with this funky little number. im really trying to create the style that i love here and im trying to be myself as much as possible. its my sort of tune and i hope you all like it. still bit to do here and there so any recommendations are greatly welcome.

cheers
zoid

www.fatcollective.com/audio/zoid/SYSTEMATIC.mp3

V..
17-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Good production on this, maybe a touch too top heavy, and for some reason this seems to lack overall warmth.
The breakdown at 3:15 seemed to serve no purpose other than to be a breakdown. It didn`t really build any tension and went back into the same as before it. I`d eliminate it all together, breakdowns are very predictable and really should only be used if they actually do something. An uneeded cliche I would say.

This is ok, not very memorable though. And I can`t help feeling you walk in the shadow of Henry Cullen, as this has no character that pins it down, it could be by anybody.
Some kind of lead or some kind of hook would make this a better tune (well, a more memorable one anyway).

fatcollective
17-10-2005, 11:11 AM
you sort of lost me there, but yeah cheers anyway ;)

dan the acid man
17-10-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah, nice track and production.

i'd personally make more out of that phat distorted synth, and maybe add something else in there to grab your attention

fatcollective
18-10-2005, 04:42 PM
cheers dan, yeah deffo gonna get on that synth, beef it up a bit! i was gonna get on this track tonight, but the football is on so i'll get it working on wednesday!

cheers ;)

fatcollective
06-11-2005, 12:25 AM
proper twisted this track up, put lot more effort into it. its lots warmer now and i have added a wikid stynth ...thanks for your comments especially V.. (you blunt but very honest motha bucka!!)

for once im pretty happy with this tuneage!

cheers people!

i will post clips of the new version very soooooooooooooooon!

dan the acid man
06-11-2005, 12:29 AM
cool, cant wait to hear it :cool:

BloodStar
07-11-2005, 03:53 PM
nice track. agree on the comments above,,it still missing some hook,or something to keep interest as the track go.maybe some lmore synth stabs,,or something,. if you could work out the synth,,double it,,and do some more with it would be nice.. like it.

278d7e64a374de26f==