PDA

View Full Version : Burning to CD...

choppers
17-10-2005, 09:50 PM
I am having a problem burning files to audio cd. This only started ,well stopped, recently. When i put a blank disc in the drive, whichever program i am trying to burn through doesn't recognse it.

I have tried using various programs, wmplayer, realplayer, clean & nero but the same thing happens.

I have tried reinstalling the cd drive driver & it still happens.

Can anyone help me out with this?? :scratch:

FIK
18-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Maybe it's the drive itself, have you checked the cabling inside your computer ?

b
18-10-2005, 03:22 PM
hmm sounds weird tho, does windows see the cd drive ? and does it recognise full cd's ? :shock:

dan the acid man
18-10-2005, 03:34 PM
put in a cd with info on it, maybe an audio cd or data cd, see if it reads them ok.

if it does, then your drive is fine.
try a different blank cd, is it a new make of cd you haven't used before, if it is, it may not like that particular brand.
make sure in nero, the read and write options are set to read and write from the correct drive

choppers
18-10-2005, 07:04 PM
cheers for the replies.

I've not checked the cabling....that'll be next on the task list now!

Windows does see the drive & full cd's, so im sure they are recognised & ive tried a few different blanks - infinity & erm, tesco's! :oops:

gonna have a go at dismantling & reassembley n see how that goes!

I recently put hitman pro on too, does anyone think that may have summat to do with it?

cheers

dan the acid man
18-10-2005, 08:40 PM
depends what burning software you're using, it shouldnt have a problem with nero though.

plus, usually if a game has a problem with burning software, it wont install in the first place,

and it wont be your cabling if its reading from full cds ok, if it was your cabling, it wouldn't read any cd

MangaFish
23-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Your CD drive might just be getting old. The lazers in CD / DVD drives are classed as a consumable and after a few years they loose their effectiveness.

278d7e64a374de26f==