PDA

View Full Version : crappy mp3 samples on the net

davethedrummer
20-10-2005, 04:51 AM
they are crap , don't belive their lies kids !
invest in some decnt headphones for starters , or go to a record shop instead

i reckon.....

The Germ
20-10-2005, 10:03 AM
yah i never bought records offline i know it;s hard for some to get to the record shop but headphones would be better than just brushing off a really good choon...

fresh_an_funky_design
20-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah totally agree the amount of times i've bought a record thats sounded good on the net and then when i've receivd it the cut has been crap. In the age of broadband the could atleast up the sample rate. Or better still go to a record shop. On a sidetrack any1 know of any record shops in nottingham?

TechMouse
20-10-2005, 02:11 PM
On a sidetrack any1 know of any record shops in nottingham?
MushiMushi.

It's above CD-Republic, just round the corner from The Social.

Friendly, and good stock.

Not much acid though... :rambo:

Selectadisc is ok, if you can put up with them being incredibly aloof and rude.
(... and the "10 records at a time" listen limit...)

dan the acid man
20-10-2005, 02:28 PM
yeah, some online samples are terrible, tune inn's where ok though.
i do still buy from shops here in sheffield, but there's so much that they dont stock, that i have to buy about 80% of my records online.

acidpisar
20-10-2005, 03:31 PM
i don't know why on line shops can't invest some money and do better and longer samples?

it is obviously that they will have more customers then...i very often don't buy record because i think it's nothing special and after few weeks when i check it at my local shop i'm very supprised that record is very good.

kev
20-10-2005, 03:56 PM
i find www.chemicalrecords.co.uk good for samples as they have mp3 and real audio for all there tunes even if i am getting tunes of other websites i have chemicalrecors running in another window that way i can see if the have samples of the tunes because there quality is usually better

kev
20-10-2005, 04:12 PM
i find chemical records has decent samples as they use mp3 and real audio

nihilist
20-10-2005, 04:51 PM
yep the samples are crap but buying on line is the only way to obtain alot tunes if you live away from a decent record shop

jacques
20-10-2005, 05:31 PM
it is really annoying when online stores have crap samples, i've always found juno pretty bad on that front :nono:

robin m
20-10-2005, 06:36 PM
i find www.chemicalrecords.co.uk good for samples as they have mp3 and real audio for all there tunes even if i am getting tunes of other websites i have chemicalrecors running in another window that way i can see if the have samples of the tunes because there quality is usually better

:clap:

Yeah, I use chemical records a lot - the samples are better than most other places.

dan the acid man
20-10-2005, 08:17 PM
also, one of the shops around here is notorious forn having crap listening posts, the decks are shocking belt drive jobs, with old clapped out carts, amps distorted to hell, and dodgy headphones with only one side working :twisted: :doh:

acidpisar
20-10-2005, 10:40 PM
it is strange to me because i think the biggest shops sell alot of records so it shouldn't be a problem to have better samples??

or i'm wrong and it is very big problem for shops...

btw.i also think (and i'm using it very often) chemical has the best samples :clap:

davethedrummer
21-10-2005, 12:01 AM
obviously sample rate is a factor
the higher the rate the higher the bandwidth used
and the more money the shop has to pay out to its host company.
so that explains that one , but it's more the idea of listening through crappy computer speakers at home

and yes low sample rates really do affect the sound of the music.
essentially electronic muic is all about " the sound" as it's not song based stuff.

i wish i wish i wish

dan the acid man
21-10-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah, it helps that i have my pc plugged into a hifi, but it still wont polish a turd sounding mp3

acidpisar
21-10-2005, 12:25 PM
same here.
i have pc plugget to my hi fi, i have very good monitors (alesis) but it is not enough :neutral:
sample should be better and longer!!
i hope it will change some day

yeah, it helps that i have my pc plugged into a hifi, but it still wont polish a turd sounding mp3

TechMouse
21-10-2005, 01:25 PM
but it's more the idea of listening through crappy computer speakers at home
I'd imagine most DJ's etc. have their PC running through a half decent stereo.

278d7e64a374de26f==