PDA

View Full Version : Layout suggestion

Mirsha
20-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Two points.

1. Change the location of the "jump to first unread post" icon to the left of the topic title in the "view new posts" page. This makes a lot more sense and makes the page much easier to navigate.

2. Add the "jump to page" buttons in a thread to the bottom of the thread. This removes the incredably stupid "hurg, I have to scroll to the top to find it when it's obvious I've had to read to the bottom of the thread so they should be down there" thingy ma bob.

MARKEG
20-10-2005, 03:16 PM
thanks mate! looking at the sheer amount of work right now, we will look at point 1 next week. can you explain point 2 better for me hehehehe.

:)

Mirsha
20-10-2005, 03:56 PM
In a thread with multiple pages there is a collection of links (usually 1, 2, 3, Next) to jump between individual pages in the thread.

Currently this group of buttons is located at the top of the page which means you have to scroll back to the top of the page once you read to the bottom to find the next button when it makes much more sense to have them at the bottom, where you can just immediately click on the next button once you've finished with a page.

Of course there is nothing to stop you having them in both places, which applies to both points, to appease people who might like it the new way rather than the old.

It should only take five minutes to fix each of these points I've raised as it's just a straight copy and paste job of existing code.

TechMouse
20-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I think they're at the top and bottom... (bottom left)

278d7e64a374de26f==