View Full Version : [Manchester]- Locked vs Kindergarten with BMB - 11/10/05

20-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Locked Records present…

Locked vs Kindergarten

11th November 2005
10:00pm till 04:00am
£9 OTD/ E-mail for reduced £7 entry

Room 1: Locked: Quality underground techno

Dj/live: Surgeon vs Regis (British Murder Boys)
Dj: Paul Cottam (Action records)

Residents: Jay Knight & Adam Rayner

Room 2: Kindergarten: Deep/ Minimal/ Tech - House

Dj: Matt Tolfrey (Crosstown Rebels, Leftroom)
Dj: Jim Beattie and Martin McNulty (Kindergarten)

The Phoenix, Oxford Road, Manchester

For more information on this monthly event go to / contact us at: -
www.lockedrecords.co.uk / lockedrecords@hotmail.com / phone 07790 060562

FURTHER PRESS INFORMATION

Surgeon (Counter Balance, Dynamic tension)

Since exploding onto the Techno scene in 1995 with the now classic "Surgeon EP", DJ and producer Anthony Child has been remoulding his area of contemporary techno. His early releases on Downwards caused a ripple of excitement through the techno cognoscenti of the time, leading to more widespread exposure. Further output on Downwards, such as the "Pet 2000 EP", along with releases by label mates Regis, Female and Portion Reform, helped to place Birmingham boldly on the techno map. Surgeon soon launched the label Dynamic Tension and later Counterbalance, where he has carved out his unique sound and experiments with his diverse influences of industrial music.

His debut LP "Basic Tonal Vocabulary" was released on Tresor Records in 1997 and followed by "Balance" (1998) and "Force and Form" in 1999. More recent solo productions have included "Midnight Club Trax" and "La Real" released on his own imprint Counterbalance.

Regis (Downwards)

Karl O'Connor better known under the guise of Regis, has without doubt played a major role in the development of the industrial techno genre. His own imprint Downwards has portrayed the birth and development of the Birmingham Sound with releases from co-conspirators Surgeon and Female. Downwards has carved out its unique and typical character, which has strongly influenced many artists today.

Collaborations with Peter Sutton (Female) led to a series of co-releases that include the album "Speak to me" ("Montreal EP") or "Penetration" - Regis' productions have continually broken through new musical barriers since the early 90's. Over the years he has remixed artists as diverse as DJ Hell, Damon Wild, Surgeon, Robert Görl (D.A.F) and Chrislo Haas (Liason Dangereuse).

As a solo artist Regis plays a digitally edited set, cut ups of his own and other peoples material, has travelled extensively worldwide for many years and is a proven performer.

The hottest piece of news is that Regis is now available for full two-hour-DJ-Sets, as well. With most artists gradually weaning themselves off vinyl Regis makes a welcome exception in now incorporating vinyl into his sets. Experience this dark Birmingham legend putting back old school into British Techno!

Britsh Murder Boys (Surgeon and Regis)

Under the title of British Murder Boys Surgeon and Regis have adventured deeper into their industrial influences with 12 inches both on Counterbalance and Downwards including "Don't Give Way to Fear", "Learn your Lesson", "Fist/Splinter", "Father Loves Us", "All The Saints Have Been Hung" and remixes for Alexander Kowalski's "Emtec" and A Guy Called Gerald's classic "Blow Your House Down".

The performance as British Murder Boys is not a live act in the conventional sense. British Murder Boys are not DJs in the conventional sense, they occupy the grey area between live act and DJ using and abusing modern technologies for their performance. A British Murder Boys performance is unique, improvised, stylish and brutal - let the two Birmingham-Techno-Pioneers take you on a journey!

Matt Tolfrey (Crosstown Rebels/ Leftroom)

For the last few years, everything has been falling into place for Matt Tolfrey. He quickly stepped up from playing at local bars to holding down residencies at Stealth and The Bomb, two of the country’s most respected underground clubs. He’s been billed alongside the likes of Derrick Carter, Damian Lazarus, Craig Richards, Lee Burridge and Andy Weatherall to name just a (very) few. He’s played at some of the best clubs in the UK, and worldwide he’s guested everywhere from Ibiza , to Berlin, to Australia. As well as all this, he’s running his own label named Leftroom, he has tunes signed to labels with co-producer Craig Sylvester, and (at the tender age of 23) he was also the youngest DJ ever to be invited to play the main room at Fabric. Recently Matt also has teamed up with Crosstown Rebels, by joining the new Rebel Dj Agency.
So how did he come so far so quickly? The answer is simple. Matt is a workaholic with a seemingly tireless dedication to forging his own unique style. Drawing on everything from deep house and electro jack, through to stripped down bleeps and Germanic mayhem, he’s spawned his own hybrid strain of electronic funk. Anyone lucky enough to have already witnessed Matt in action will know that his particular brand of mutant-house has the power to win hearts and destroy minds on the dance floor.
You can hear Matt’s internet radio show ‘Junk Funk’ every first Monday of the month at www.protonradio.com.

Jim Beattie and Martin Mcnulty

Way back in the nineties, two Manchester students were at a nightclub. "We could do this..." said one of them, Jim Beattie, to his colleague Andy "... and we should get that DJ - What's your name, mate?" "Martin McNulty."

That's how it began. Five years on, Kindergarten continues to maintain
integrity by staying true to values; delivering an unrivalled atmosphere with a
musical policy that promises to promote a certain breed of tunes; good ones.

The backbone of this, from day one, has been the musical foundations laid down by DJs Jim Beattie and Martin McNulty. A pairing of quite different personalities that have grown individually yet remain intertwined, the two make easy work of conjuring a distinct style that is neither here nor there, effortlessly bouncing through deep house, weird clicky dubs to acid bass lines to Detroit techno, all the while keeping hips grooving and bodies moving.

It's this that has garnered acclaim from a diverse group including DJ Rolando, Funk D'Void, Craig Richards, Terry Francis, Deep Dish, Andrew Weatherall, David Duriez, James Zabiela, Danny Howells and Pete Tong.

Kindergarten is about letting the music speak; nothing else matters - not the guest list, not being seen, not hoodwinking fans to 'gather respect'. It's about getting down; shaking your thing; a feeling; smiling; having fun. Welcome to our world.

http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-nov-front.jpg
http://www.humanshield.co.uk/locked/locked-nov-back.jpg

Traxx
20-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Nice flyer...so, are they palyin together bmb stylie or seperate?

Technobitch
20-10-2005, 04:48 PM
i can see the british murder kids (jonny, sam and dan) being very happy with this line up!
there wont be any room for anyone else at the front wen the bmb get on!

20-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, full on BMB show :evil:

eyeswithoutaface
20-10-2005, 07:31 PM
looking forward to this although i think ive got work on that saturday so an early train home perhaps

fitipaldi
21-10-2005, 11:17 AM
two in a row scott?

:shock:

21-10-2005, 02:09 PM
two in a row scott?

:shock:

I know yeah, im not havin it either :lol:

eyeswithoutaface
21-10-2005, 09:33 PM
you better believe it girls, just booked the saturday off work . appy days, another trip to scumville beckons

fitipaldi
23-10-2005, 01:24 PM
another trip to scumville beckons

Locked is in manchester tho mate ;)

Katie
27-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Can't be missing bmb either! should be a fun one again!

Frank Dogshit
27-10-2005, 01:58 PM
cant wait for this!!

always carnage when surgeon and regis are in town!

well done scott,nice to know youve got over your manchester agraphobia mate!

retox
29-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Alreet kids!
Looks like this locked is also gonna be an absolute stormer, bastards!! ;)
Hope it all goes well, have a pound for me!!!

Eddie
29-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Im goin to have to bow out of this one, unless i find a job today. This is highly unlikely as its nearly 3 and i am yet to leave the house

Katie
02-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Alreet kids!

Ahh no way typing from australia Baz! you and Sarah having a good time?

Frank Dogshit
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Alreet kids!

save it baz!

bet you clowns are havin a wicked time out there and not in the slightest bit jealous! :lol:

Technobitch
03-11-2005, 04:41 PM
init!

lucky lucky ppl!

Technobitch
03-11-2005, 04:42 PM
not long till this one, time has flown by since the last one!

neko
05-11-2005, 10:01 PM
think i'm going to poke my nose in at this one.
not been to locked since the inigo kennedy night what with work and saving up for ibiza. not seen surgeon either since the analogue night, that was a belter that night.
has anyone tried to get nick and rachel and that up?
will be up for some proper messiness and gurn-off activities afterwards :twisted:

Frank Dogshit
07-11-2005, 02:00 PM
lookin forward to this one!

gonna be needin this come friday!

Technobitch
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
lookin forward to this one!

gonna be needin this come friday!

its guna be a quality night! ill be round your gaff b4 locked so we can get the weekend started early!

TechnoLaydee
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
whats gonna be happenin after danny, your place is abit swanky now!

Frank Dogshit
08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
be right....wont be an albert rd. but it can accomodate a good few jaws,just no slavvering on the carpets!

Boboagogo
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
few of us headin down for defs, gonna be mighty!! meant to be workin on saturday aswell, no chance tbh :)

nick_anarchy
08-11-2005, 04:36 PM
nearly their .. not long now

neko
09-11-2005, 04:48 PM
few of us headin down for defs, gonna be mighty!! meant to be workin on saturday aswell, no chance tbh :)

same here, meant to be in work at 8 on saturday morn.
will have to ring in sick wen i get back from locked

ds2
09-11-2005, 04:59 PM
is anyone driving over to this from leeds with room for a fat one ?

Frank Dogshit
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM

same here, meant to be in work at 8 on saturday morn.
will have to ring in sick wen i get back from locked

that should be funny,you gurnin pretendin to be ill.... :lol:

Technobitch
10-11-2005, 02:10 PM
roll on tomorrow!

Frank Dogshit
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
roll on tomorrow!

aye.certainly up for some british pounders this weekend!

Stella Boy
10-11-2005, 02:26 PM
:cry:

10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Aye, gonna be a full english breakfast tomorrow, non of that foreign muck ! :lol:

Technobitch
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
start as you mean to go on, british all the way tomorrow :)

Frank Dogshit
11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
gonna be a winner this!

lookin forward to tonights proceedings!

stella boy-get yourself over bud.

Technobitch
11-11-2005, 02:12 PM
thank fuk its friday!

nick_anarchy
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
few hours .. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Stella Boy
13-11-2005, 08:10 PM
how did it go then or is it still going on :lol:

Boboagogo
13-11-2005, 08:25 PM
blindin night, great techno all night long. jay played the best set ive heard from him and bmb absolutly ripped it :clap:

Technobitch
13-11-2005, 11:53 PM
once again another quality night at locked! great crowd, great atmosphere and banging techno all night!

all the dj's were on top form!

nick_anarchy
14-11-2005, 10:53 AM
who was the dj on before jay ?? he was very good , very good nite well done guys

Mindful
14-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Shit cant belive I missed this

Technobitch
14-11-2005, 03:14 PM
who was the dj on before jay ?? he was very good , very good nite well done guys

yeah he was banging, i really liked his style!

think he owns a record shop in preston?! jay should have all the info

nick_anarchy
14-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Shit cant belive I missed this

like normal dude ;)

make sure u r in liverpool on sat man ..

TechnoLaydee
15-11-2005, 09:47 AM

yeah he was banging, i really liked his style!

think he owns a record shop in preston?! jay should have all the info

Paul Cottam, from Action records

Murder boys were ace as well every time i see them their set gets better!

Frank Dogshit
15-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Great night! Plenty of good music on offer all over!

Lookin forward to the next one immensely! Mark Broom cant be missed really...

Traxx
15-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Broomster eh, on his own or?

Frank Dogshit
15-11-2005, 02:53 PM

65d's and Ryan Blackman.....

Right good un!

Traxx
15-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Corker.

Technobitch
15-11-2005, 09:38 PM
cant wait for that one, it will be the day i break up for christmas so im guna party hard!

Stella Boy
15-11-2005, 10:12 PM

65d's and Ryan Blackman.....

Right good un!

ahh, the london boys are in town :clap: Ryan is a f ucking excellent dj and a top bloke aswell, definately 100% down for this one :cool:

Katie
16-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Aye had a wikid time on friday as always at locked! heard i missed the shenanigans at yours after we left adamson! has your flat still survived the onslaught!

278d7e64a374de26f==