PDA

View Full Version : old style acid techno ..or.. new style?

Esox Lucius
15-10-2002, 11:44 PM
which do you prefer?... the older style with lots of 303`s like old SUF stuff or the newer more funky vocal style like RAW or hydraulix.

16-10-2002, 12:10 AM
I'm really into anything by the Acid Techno crew. I find it really useful sometimes to lift your set at the end. Some people really hate the 303's and I have to say, when Acid Techno first came out I couldn't stand it cause it wasn't Woody McBride (ie Serious TECHNO acid) or 88 Acid House. But yes, I did get into it eventually and it is powerful - I think going to a London Squat party will help anyone see that! I know the Lib/DDrummer/Geez guys are just not feeling the 303 as much as they used to. So it is all going alot more driving and techno. I like it, but it's still nice to have that last 1 record in your set that's 303 acid techno.

DJPAUZE
28-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Chris liberator was the main influence of why im playing what im playing today. I heard him play at a WEMF festival in toronto about 5 years ago or 6 i cant remember. When i heard that 303 i knew that was the sound i wanted in my set. It gives me shivers to date up my spine when i hear that Santa Pod track or Warmdusher etc.

Now i live in Sao Paulo, its kind of funny because here you cant play the 303 sound too often. Only at big raves and outdoor events.

What do i prefer, hmm well because of the downfall of Infectious i havent been buying too much acid so i dont really know whats out there to be honest. Now that i have lived in Sao Paulo for 11 months i have really evolved my style to a more harder edge Glenn Wilson, The anxious style of techno.

For me the techno im playing now seems alot more intelligent then the infectious records i used to buy and until AMATO brings out some acid that can sway me the other way, im going to stick to my guns and continue to play Hard Techno.

Peace

Pauze

krakp0t
30-11-2002, 03:01 AM
as long as it has nice squelchy 303 noises and bangs.

who cares if its old or new?

saki nzyme
01-12-2002, 01:02 AM
i would have to say the new stuff, im a big lover of the raw and hydralix labels, for me dave the drummer is one of the best producers goin, i cant wait to get my hands on hydralix 16.

but sayin that you cant beat a good screamin acid tune!

278d7e64a374de26f==