PDA

View Full Version : Alec Empire

MARKEG
23-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I just heard his new track on a heavy metal radio station and it blew my mind. and seeing as though he's one of the original german techno masters I think we need to get deep on this guy...

Has anyone got any links to his new stuff?

I so badly want to hear his new release again!!!

I've got practically all his techno things and then I got loads of his drum and bass trax but then he seemed to disappear - obviously into the heavy thrash metal scene by the sounds of it. that thing i heard on the radio of his was something else.

can anyone shed any light on this guy? and the direction he's gone?

links etc?

thanks guys.

koma
23-10-2005, 05:22 PM
he's coming in croatia (zagreb) this week...he's touring europe with a band..
yes, he's more into punk now, well, he's been pretty diverse all the time..

http://www.digitalhardcore.com/news.asp

love some of his older stuff, didnt have a chance to listen to his last album...

MARKEG
23-10-2005, 11:54 PM
thanks mate, anything else anyone knows would be massively appreciated!

koma
24-10-2005, 12:35 AM
oh I forgot...
http://www.schnittecht.de/daten/051030_alec_empire.jpg
this is advertisment for his concert in dresden... he really has status of a star..
have to admit I miss ATR days... and I wonder what does he play in his dj sets now??

TechMouse
24-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Check out "The Geist of Alec Empire"...

It's a 3 CD compilation of all kinds of stuff from noisy DHR Atari Teenage Riot style distortion assaults through to much more chilled Electronica.

One of the best things I've ever bought.

All the ATR albums are worth the money too.

dan the acid man
24-10-2005, 11:48 AM
yeah, i always remember hearing loads of atari teenage riot on john peel, absolute madness :clap:

TechMouse
24-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Saw them live at Reading 5 years ago.

First thing on Sunday morning, around 11am.

Was nuts.

robin m
24-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I haven't heard anything of him recently, used to be quite a fan of ATR and had a bit of his solo stuff ('generation star wars' I remember was particularly good) but haven't kept up.

I'd be interested to hear his new stuff for sure...

massplanck
24-10-2005, 04:09 PM
I just heard his new track on a heavy metal radio station and it blew my mind. and seeing as though he's one of the original german techno masters I think we need to get deep on this guy...

Has anyone got any links to his new stuff?

I so badly want to hear his new release again!!!

I've got practically all his techno things and then I got loads of his drum and bass trax but then he seemed to disappear - obviously into the heavy thrash metal scene by the sounds of it. that thing i heard on the radio of his was something else.

can anyone shed any light on this guy? and the direction he's gone?

links etc?

thanks guys.

heres last years alec empire thread. I dont know if this is a 'new' direction for him. He alway just adapts his music to get his 'message' across to the kids. I have his new album The Futurist but its not a patch on Intelligence & Sacrifice.

Angry young (old now isnt he) man. He's ****ing great though.. :clap:

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30521&hig hlight=alec+empire

278d7e64a374de26f==