PDA

View Full Version : subwoofers

nihilist
23-10-2005, 12:47 PM
ive got a pair of hhb circle3 monitors and need a subwoofer,isit ok to connect any make of sub or is it not that simple?

fresh_an_funky_design
23-10-2005, 01:20 PM
you using it to dj or to produce?

nihilist
23-10-2005, 04:34 PM
producing

Metadog
24-10-2005, 02:20 AM
you'd have to match them right for the best sound - used the subwoofer with genelec 1029s for a few years - difficult to get the balance of bass right, we never seemed to get basslines right using a subwoofer - i use hhb circle 5s now - totally wicked speakers - nuff bass there and nicely balanced

nihilist
24-10-2005, 07:26 PM
the circle 3,s are tops for middle and high end but lack bottom so my tunes are allways bass heavy

maybe better off geting new moniters i suppose

davethedrummer
25-10-2005, 12:49 AM
naah man just get used to them that's what i say
tracks sounding bass heavy is pretty normal anyway , in fact it's too much top end thats a real problem , you can always add top , but taking it off makes things just sound dull.
as long as the balance of the mix is ok , you'll be ok with a spot of eq.
if you don't have enough bass you can try repositioning them in the room
or back them closer to a wall which will reflect a little more bass for you from behind them
try sitting back a little that'll help ,
in fact move your computer / studio back away from them if you have space .

basically, you should be roughly twice the distance away from them as they are far apart
so if they are 1.5 m apart , try sitting 2/3 m back and see how that sounds.
should be in the production forum really ,
]but what am i?? the police or something???

dan the acid man
25-10-2005, 01:09 AM
also, if you have a cd you love and know how it sounds, then run that through and compare

nihilist
25-10-2005, 06:25 PM
yea i usally post in there but i thought id get a better result if posted hear and i was right!

cheers for the sugestions youve saved me lots of dosh :love: [/quote]

Metadog
25-10-2005, 06:49 PM
henry, i remember ron mentioning to you that we'd got a subwoofer when we got it years ago - you said something like "goodbye to your basslines, then"

how right you were![/img]

278d7e64a374de26f==