PDA

View Full Version : pc virus

etnarama
24-10-2005, 10:17 AM
hello everyone one of my pc just went balistic.......... i presume is a virus because it has made my computer not able to run any application or recognise any type of file and i cant access the control panel or if i put my windows cd it just starts and when i press install the pc doesnt start,, i try to install a new windows and it doenst let me do it i have tried many ways of instaling it but my win isn't the original....... is there anyway i can format and then install this wind but from other way maybe through msdos or while i restart the pc..... any suggestion?????

dan the acid man
24-10-2005, 03:28 PM
what version of windows are you using?
does your pc beep when it starts up, and if so, how many beeps? it should beep once when all your hardware is ok, more than once means there's a fault with your hardware, i'd need to know the exact number of beeps, and the lengths of the beeps, you get short and long ones.

MangaFish
24-10-2005, 09:40 PM
hello everyone one of my pc just went balistic.......... i presume is a virus because it has made my computer not able to run any application or recognise any type of file and i cant access the control panel or if i put my windows cd it just starts and when i press install the pc doesnt start,, i try to install a new windows and it doenst let me do it i have tried many ways of instaling it but my win isn't the original....... is there anyway i can format and then install this wind but from other way maybe through msdos or while i restart the pc..... any suggestion?????

the easiest way would be to boot off cd. was your copied version of windows a clone of someone elses CD, or downloaded off the net?

if its a clone then you should beable to boot off the cd and do a re-install that way. Be prepared to loose all your data though (unless you know someone whos a dab hand at computers)

if its a downloaded copy of windows, then let that be a less to you that pirating never wins :dontevengothere:

etnarama
26-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Its a copy of xp and theres only one beep, i cant boot off i've been trying ....... i dont mind deleting everything....
So the thing is... can i format and then install a new version of win?? does it have to be a orig? or a bootable is ok

alsynthe
26-10-2005, 03:22 PM
use a fixboot then u dont lose any data

TechMouse
26-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Its a copy of xp and theres only one beep, i cant boot off i've been trying .......
You might need to enable booting from CD in the BIOS.

When your PC first switches on, it should say something like "Press F1 to enter setup"... it's not always F1, it's sometimes another F-key or DEL or something... but you have to press it pretty sharpish.

Have a poke around for anything relating to boot options. Make sure that when it's looking for volumes to boot from, it tries (in this order): Floppy --> CD --> Hard Disk.

Sounds fairly terminal dude... never heard of anthing quite like this.

Assume it's a shonky Windows?

alsynthe
26-10-2005, 03:28 PM
my copy of xp did this and every time it botted it rebooted itself and mine was a legit copy. all it needed was a fixboot and job was a good en, not had a problem since

etnarama
27-10-2005, 12:35 PM
well my xp is running (boot from the cd) but i found something like 12 virus and worms and trojans.... the thing now is that i cant run very well my antivirus... and spyware, i think there's still something there....... i fell the pc slow and i tryed to put another antivirus and it gives error.... very weird but at least i can use the net now..... dont know if its very safe but still i use mcafee, adware pro and sygate firewall all updated but dont know theres something not right.........
thanks for the help guys.......

alsynthe
27-10-2005, 12:48 PM
id get all ur data burned onto cd's and format the thing

MangaFish
27-10-2005, 02:01 PM
id get all ur data burned onto cd's and format the thing

but DONT copy program files like .EXE / .DLL / .VBS / .JS / .OCX etc

make sure you only copy files like MP3s / JPEGs / MPEGs et al

Also, if you copy compressed archives (.ZIP / .TAR / .CAB etc) then check that there isnt program files in there as well

alsynthe
27-10-2005, 02:16 PM
sorry should have said that i was assuming he'd know

etnarama
04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
everything is working fine... just got to delete some invisible files and instal boot.....
now is very smooth....]
thank GOD

278d7e64a374de26f==